Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Unable to boot Fedora 10
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Unable to boot Fedora 10 Post 302474717 by Praveen_218 on Thursday 25th of November 2010 06:43:43 AM
Old 11-25-2010
I think while installing ubuntu you, somewhere, chose to upgrade grub and it wrote on your machines MBR directly through the installer.

Please post the output of the command df -m ; you may run this command from any of the systems (may be even ubuntu) and let me know which disk volume (shown in the command output) refers to the RedHat.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Fedora Core 3 boot diskette

I want to upgrade from Red Hat Linux 8.0 to Fedora Core 3. I have already downloaded FC3 on CD's. My current config. on my PC is that I have Win XP on primary hard drive and Red Hat 8.0 on another hard drive. Because my Compaq Presario reserves the first cylinder of my primary hard drive, I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Mark McWilliams
1 Replies

2. Linux

Dual Boot Win XP And Fedora with Fedora Installed First

Hi everyone, I hope this question goes here. Anyways, I have a unique situation where my friend's comp has Fedora installed and wants to add Win XP as a dual boot without formatting the drive. Is it possible to create a partition on the current hard drive and then install win xp? I couldn't find... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: eltinator
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Lesson Learned: Dual boot XP and Fedora 9

This post captures my recent experience in getting my Dell XPS Gen 3 to support dual boot of Windows XP (Professional) and the Fedora 9 Linux distribution. I searched quite a bit on the internet and found, of course, a variety of opinions regarding how to setup this type (dual boot) of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rlandon@usa.net
1 Replies

4. Linux

How to boot Fedora 8 from USB

Hi, friends, can anyone suggest me how to boot fedora 8 from USB flash drive? thanks. :confused: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: MULTIVERSE
3 Replies

5. Red Hat

boot floppy for fedora 13

Is there a way to create a boot floppy for a fedora 13 system? Rescue disk image from the official boot.iso is too big. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: druidmatrix
1 Replies

6. Red Hat

fedora grub help, moving to tri boot (XP, ubuntu, fedora soemething)

I will shortly be adding a fedora flavor to my devel box. I currently have XP (installed first on an ssd), ubuntu 10.04 (installed second on the first partition of a platter drive), and I want to add either Cent or SL on the second partition of the platter drive. I will probably also want to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: LMHmedchem
0 Replies

7. Red Hat

Kernel can not boot after upgrade on Fedora OS 15.

Hello, everyone. I am using Fedora 15, and want to upgrade to version 16. I follow the official link Upgrading Fedora using yum - FedoraProject to upgrade my OS by the following command: yum update kernel* --releasever=16 yum groupupdate Base --releasever=16 reboot After reboot, OS... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: 915086731
2 Replies

8. Red Hat

Unable to boot after updating to kernel-3.1.4-1 in fedora 16

hi guys, I was using kernel-3.1.2-1 in fedora 16. then updated to kernel-3.1.4-1. after reboot now grub shows command prompt instead of boot menu. i tried to load manually with: set root=(hd0,msdos3) linux /vmlinuz-3.1.4-1.fc16.x86_64 initrd /initramfs-3.1.4-1.fc16.x86_64.imgbut in the middle... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: majid.merkava
0 Replies

9. Red Hat

Fedora 17 - No video after boot

Hi, I'm new to the Linux world and I'm having issues. Screen goes blank after Fedora boots up. I can see the POST and Fedora Grub screen but afterwards, goes blank. I believe I installed something but I cant remember what....its been a couple days. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gps1976
0 Replies
UBUNTU-BUILD(1) 					      General Commands Manual						   UBUNTU-BUILD(1)

NAME
ubuntu-build - command-line interface to Launchpad build operations SYNOPSIS
ubuntu-build <srcpackage> <release> <operation> DESCRIPTION
ubuntu-build provides a command line interface to the Launchpad build operations. OPERATIONS
Listed below are the available operations for ubuntu-build: status Outputs the build status of the package on Launchpad on all architectures. retry Requests that the package has another attempt at rebuilding from source. This will only work if the package has Failed to build on Launchpad. rescore Requests that the package's build priority be raised in the build queue. Only members of the Launchpad build administrators may issue this operation, and it may only be performed on packages which Need building. OPTIONS
Listed below are the command line options for ubuntu-build: -h or --help Display a help message and exit. Retry and rescore options: These options may only be used with the 'retry' and 'rescore' operations. -a ARCHITECTURE, --arch=ARCHITECTURE Rebuild or rescore a specific architecture. Valid architectures include: amd64, sparc, powerpc, i386, armel, armhf, ia64, lpia, hppa. Batch processing: These options and parameter ordering is only available in --batch mode. Usage: ubuntu-build --batch [options] <package>... --batch Enable batch mode --series=SERIES Selects the Ubuntu series to operate on (default: current development series) --retry Retry builds (give-back). --rescore=PRIORITY Rescore builds to <priority>. --arch2=ARCHITECTURE Affect only 'architecture' (can be used several times). Valid architectures are: amd64, sparc, powerpc, i386, armel, armhf, ia64, lpia, hppa. AUTHORS
ubuntu-build was written by Martin Pitt <martin.pitt@canonical.com>, and this manual page was written by Jonathan Patrick Davies <jpds@ubuntu.com>. Both are released under the terms of the GNU General Public License, version 3 or (at your option) any later version. ubuntu-dev-tools June 2010 UBUNTU-BUILD(1)