Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat samba fileshare across 2 diffrent workgroup Post 302474715 by Praveen_218 on Thursday 25th of November 2010 06:33:07 AM
Old 11-25-2010
Yes, its possbile. Just look at any of a sample smb.conf file. You'll find a tag name either [domain] or [workgroup].

Look at the man pages too.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Diffrent versions of Unix/Linux

With so many diffrent flavors out there, how is a person soposed to know what to go with? I'm not asking for specific discussion here in this forum, but I would like to see various pages and articles dicsussing the pluses and minuses of various unix/linux OS's. I have been searching various... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: MorderKartoffel
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Diffrent IP range connectivity

Hi guys, We have different IP ranges in our LAN, for instance my system IP Add. is in 163.183.37.x range, in the meantime i wish to connect to our printer/plotter which is 163.183.4.x & our LAN in another location with 163.183.38.x. What shoul i do except defining pesudo IP Add's? as a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nikk
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

reconstructing a record in a diffrent order

Can sed be used to take a existing record and reverse the order of defined character placement if there is no delimeters? existing record: 0123456789CO expected result: 9876543210CO if there were delimeters I could define the delimeter and each placement would have an id which I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: r1500
1 Replies

4. IP Networking

wokstation needs to either webserve or fileshare...

Hi guys 'n' gals. I have got myself into a state of confusion, and was wondering if you lot could help me out! I have a G4 Mac OSX 10.3 computer which is my main workstation. Its not running especially fast, and I need to get it as freed up on resources as possible. I use the computer for a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mistafeesh
2 Replies

5. Programming

using a filepointer in a diffrent program

Hi ALL : consider the given 2 codes: //p1.c #include<stdio.h> FILE * fp; main() { pid_t pid; fp=fopen(".........."); // now i am transfering the control to a new process(p2.c). pid=fork(); if(pid==0) ..... execl(" p2".....); .... ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bankpro
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Not able to install Oracle Workgroup Server on SCO Unix 5.0.2 box

After having to replace a video card and having a corrupt root directory, I had to wipe out and reinstall my SCO OpenServer Enterprise System 5.0.2. because nothing would work for the root password. I am now trying to reinstall the Oracel Workgroup Server SCO v7.1.5.2 and it tells me I need to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sheilaj1
1 Replies

7. IP Networking

Workgroup of local machine

Hi Guys, How to find the Workgroup/Domain name of my local machine in unix? Please suggest some link. Thanks. sunil. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: skumar2011
3 Replies

8. Solaris

Diffrent output in cron jobs

Hi, I have issue with cron. When i run script manually output is fine but when i add it to cron output file is not as same. both file attach some junk charecter comming in cron output. thanx Jignesh (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jkmistry
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed diffrent replace by occurrence

I couldn't find the answer anywhere, so I hope you could help me. I need to change something like the following: something/bla/aaaa anything/bbb to: something --bla ----aaaa anything --bbb How do I do this? Is it possible with sed? I tried various patterns, but don't know how to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Patwan
5 Replies

10. AIX

CIFS/SMB mount NetApp (Windows) fileshare

Hi guys, I'm trying to mount a windows share (hosted on a NetApp filer with clustered Ontap 8.3) and I have no luck doing it. This worked before when we used an old NetApp with Ontap 7.3. Seems there is an issue with ASCII/non-unicode support. I'm wondering if anybody here has mounted... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mikedavis
7 Replies