Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to create executable file just like in folder /bin? Post 302474616 by 14th on Wednesday 24th of November 2010 08:19:57 PM
Old 11-24-2010
How to create executable file just like in folder /bin?

I know shell is an interpreter language, but can I make an executable file just like in folder /bin, /usr/bin, etc which source code was from a .sh file or from some .sh files??
My main purpose is to hide the source code.

thanks.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

searching string in unix bin ( executable)

Hi, I want to search a string in unix binary execuateble. I know one command available : strings Can anyone tell me the other commands available to search in unix bin. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: senthil_is
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create GUI or Executable For Script

Hi all. I've got a unix script at work that I just got done with. Now they want me to write some simple way to run it on Windows. Right now we log into a Solaris server using Hummingbird Exceed to gain a terminal. Im thinking that there really isn't any good way to get Windows and the server... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Grizzly
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Retrieve all the permission of the /bin folder

hello friends, By mistake I have run find / -type f -exec chmod 644 {} \; now all permission has been chaged of /bin I am not able to change the permission. I am working on the virtuozzo VPS. Is their any way to retrieve the permission to 770 to /bin Note /bin/chmod also not executing... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sharlin
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to create folder, copy file, and send email on success

I am very new to UNIX as well as scripting so please be gentle, haha. I have a Linux client which has a mount point mapped to my /etc folder on a NetApp FAS system. I woudl like to be able to copy the hosts and rc files once a week from the FAS to a different location for backup. When the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: minnino
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to create a shell script to read a foldername from a text file and go to the folder?

Hi, I am trying to write a shell script which can read folder names from a text file and then go to the folder and picks up a xml file and write on my sipp script so that I can run the sipp script. For example: I have a text file called thelist.txt where I have provided all the folders... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: pm1504
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to create an executable bash script for these commands?

I wish to create an executable bash script that will run the following commands as root, that is, using sudo su iptables-save | awk '/^ / { print $1 } /^:+ / { print $1 " ACCEPT" ; } /COMMIT/ { print $0; }' | iptables-restoreMy first attempt at bash... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: thixeqi
9 Replies

7. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to get script to create a new file that lists folder content sorted by size?

I have a script that sorts and processes unsorted files to newly created directories. Its working great, but I am trying to understand the leanest method to get the script to create an additional file within each newly created directory that: Contains a list of all files in the directory... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Braveheart
4 Replies

8. Red Hat

ACLs - How can i create new executable files

Hello experts, I would like to know if is possible to create a default acl rule to a directory. in this directory all files created should have executable permissions by the group IT. i tried setfacl -m d:g:it:rwx /files tried to change the mask setfacl -m m::rwx /files but i still... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: berveglieri
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Create new folder and text file the same time in one line

Is it possible to create new folder and write a new text file in the folder while the current position is outside the new folder? in one line mkdir folder | echo "hello test"> folder/test.txt not work. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cmdcmd
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash to check directory and create missing folder from file

In the below bash I am trying to ensure that all folders (represented by $folders) in a given directory are created. In the file f1 the trimmed folder will be there somewhere (will be multiple trimmed folders). When that trimmed folder is found (represented by $S5) the the contents of $2 printed... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
19 Replies
GZEXE(1)						      General Commands Manual							  GZEXE(1)

NAME
gzexe - compress executable files in place SYNOPSIS
gzexe name ... DESCRIPTION
The gzexe utility allows you to compress executables in place and have them automatically uncompress and execute when you run them (at a penalty in performance). For example if you execute ``gzexe /usr/bin/gdb'' it will create the following two files: -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 1026675 Jun 7 13:53 /usr/bin/gdb -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 2304524 May 30 13:02 /usr/bin/gdb~ /usr/bin/gdb~ is the original file and /usr/bin/gdb is the self-uncompressing executable file. You can remove /usr/bin/gdb~ once you are sure that /usr/bin/gdb works properly. This utility is most useful on systems with very small disks. OPTIONS
-d Decompress the given executables instead of compressing them. SEE ALSO
gzip(1), znew(1), zmore(1), zcmp(1), zforce(1) CAVEATS
The compressed executable is a shell script. This may create some security holes. In particular, the compressed executable relies on the PATH environment variable to find gzip and some standard utilities (basename, chmod, ln, mkdir, mktemp, rm, sleep, and tail). BUGS
gzexe attempts to retain the original file attributes on the compressed executable, but you may have to fix them manually in some cases, using chmod or chown. GZEXE(1)