Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Script to get hung jobs in cron service. Post 302474585 by Chubler_XL on Wednesday 24th of November 2010 04:30:04 PM
Old 11-24-2010
OK trick is to spot STIME column with the "Mth dd" format (and ignore hh:mm:ss).
I assigned cron process id (22345) to an awk var as I'd assume you are fetching this PID already in your script and would want to pass it to awk.

Code:
$ ps -ef | awk -v PP=22345 '$3==PP && $0 !~ "[0-9]:[0-9][0-9]:[0-9]" {
 printf $1" "$2 ;
 for(i=9;i<=NF;i++) printf " "$i;
 printf "\n"
}'
user2 1061 sh -c /u01/user2s/b7111/movecsv.ksh
user2 18201 sh -c /u01/user2s/b7111/movecsv.ksh
oracle 3400 sh -c /d002/oracle/dbrun2.sh

Last edited by Chubler_XL; 11-24-2010 at 06:22 PM.. Reason: Update to skip hh:mm:ss ps lines

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

CRON Jobs

Hi, I am a total newbie to all things Unix. I've worked out I need to set up something that will allow me to automatically backup a DB for me, the DB is for a foum system I run. Now, I've only found out I need to use telnet for this, and worked out hwo to log into telnet today. From here... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: eludlow
4 Replies

2. HP-UX

Cron jobs

i am new for cronjobs can someone please tell me what logic is behind these RED Numbers and stars below? --> crontab -l 00 1 * * * /home/scripts/TarprodContent > /tmp/MprodBkup.log 2>&1 00 1 * * * /home/scripts/TarTprodContent > /tmp/TprodBkup.log 2>&1 00 1 * * *... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajadaun
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Error while running the script through cron jobs .Please help me on this

Hi Everyone, I have written a korn shell script to shutdown my documentum docbase server and to restart it automatically on a weekly basis. My script is, When i execute this script manually, i was able to execute it successfully without any issues. I have scheduled this script in cronjob... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sheethal
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

cron jobs...

I need to start a job every friday night at 8:00 P.M , it runs all the day on Sat and Sun....can somebody tell me how to do this...I understand crontab...but haven't used it.........can u write some steps.....how to create a file and call.....I honestly dont know? Plz help.Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: RubinPat
2 Replies

5. Solaris

cron jobs

how to Put a cron entry which should be same script triggered on every Saturday and 1st of every month at 01.00 GMT. 0 2 1 * 6 --( At 2.00 GMT every sat & on 1st of every month) the above syntax is correct? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kurva
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

General Q: how to run/schedule a php script from cron jobs maybe via bash from shell?

Status quo is, within a web application, which is coded completely in php (not by me, I dont know php), I have to fill out several fields, and execute it manually by clicking the "go" button in my browser, several times a day. Thats because: The script itself pulls data (textfiles) from a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lowmaster
3 Replies

7. Linux

Cron jobs

Hi, I am a Linux administrator (newbie) in my company. The distro being used in the servers here is Centos 5.3 Just need to know, as a Linux administrator is it better for me to use /etc/crontab to set my cron jobs. I do not want to use the crontab -e to schedule my cron jobs. That means... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anaigini45
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Cron jobs and at jobs

There are two jobs in Solaris , Cron and at jobs.. I know how to disable or enable cron jobs. How can I enable at jobs and disable it. Kindly help. Rj (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jegaraman
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script to Delete Old Cron Jobs

I have a cron entry to deploy a website portal from a staging server to a series of production servers on a weekly basis. On occasion, a random office worker who knows nothing about Linux let alone cron, will be tasked to update news picks on the staging server and then run a manual deployment... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: AndrewT
2 Replies
ATRUN(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 						  ATRUN(8)

NAME
atrun -- run jobs queued for later execution SYNOPSIS
atrun [-l load_avg] [-d] DESCRIPTION
atrun runs jobs queued by at(1). Root's crontab(5) must contain the line: */10 * * * * root /usr/libexec/atrun so that atrun(8) gets called every ten minutes. At every invocation, every job in lowercase queues whose starting time has passed is started. A maximum of one batch job (denoted by upper- case queues) is started each time atrun is invoked. OPTIONS
-l load_avg Specifies a limiting load factor, over which batch jobs should not be run, instead of the compiled-in value of 1.5. -d Debug; print error messages to standard error instead of using syslog(3). WARNINGS
For atrun to work, you have to start up a cron(8) daemon. FILES
/var/at/spool Directory containing output spool files /var/at/jobs Directory containing job files SEE ALSO
at(1), crontab(1), syslog(3), crontab(5), cron(8) AUTHORS
Thomas Koenig <ig25@rz.uni-karlsruhe.de> BUGS
The functionality of atrun should be merged into cron(8). BSD
April 12, 1995 BSD