Sponsored Content
Special Forums Cybersecurity File Integrity checker with recovery Post 302474550 by Praveen_218 on Wednesday 24th of November 2010 02:01:06 PM
Old 11-24-2010
You may do this yourself by maintaining the checksum of all the executables and libraries. You may check them always at boot time by putting a relevant init script and take the status of the system integrity.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Recovery Of Passwd File

the file /etc/passwd has corrupted mistakenly.actually the file has saved as "oot:0:0:root:/root/sbin/bash". first r of root has been deleted .. can anyone tell me how can i recover as normal user (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: singh_hackerz
2 Replies

2. Solaris

File Integrity Check

Hi, I have two NFS shares mounted on a solaris system. share1 and share2 , both are from different NFS servers share1 has 500GB of data share 2 is empty. I am copying all the data from share1 to share2. It is like migrating the data from one NFS share to another. Is there... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: athreyavc
8 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

forbid file recovery

Hi there, When I want to make a file unrecoverable, I use the following command: foo:~$ shred -fuz filename The problem is that I deleted many files using: foo:~$ rm -f filename How can I make those files unrecoverable? Is there a command that shreds the disk free space? So that no file can... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chebarbudo
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

File recovery

Hi, Please let me know the way to recover the files deleted from home directory by 'rm*' command . Thanks in advance. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravigupta2u
10 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

compressed and tar file integrity

How can I ensure the folder that I tar and compress is good to be archive in DVD or tape? Must I uncompress and untar the file, or there is any way to tell the integerity of the compressed file before send to archive? I have bad experience on this, which the archive compressed file cold not be... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivien_chu
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Is possible to recovery a deleted file in AIX?

is it possible to recovery a deleted file in AIX? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fiyas
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help Needed with File Checker Korn Shell Script

I am attempting to write a korn shell script that does the following, but I am getting errors. I'm new to korn shell scripting and am not sure what I am doing wrong. Please help with example scripts. Thanks. 1) check for day of the week 2) if day of the week is Monday then check for the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ijmoore
4 Replies
AUTOFS(8)						      System Manager's Manual							 AUTOFS(8)

NAME
/etc/init.d/autofs - Control Script for automounter SYNOPSIS
/etc/init.d/autofs start|stop|restart|reload|status DESCRIPTION
autofs control the operation of the automount(8) daemons running on the Linux system. Usually autofs is invoked at system boot time with the start parameter and at shutdown time with the stop parameter. The autofs script can also manually be invoked by the system administra- tor to shut down, restart or reload the automounters. OPERATION
autofs will consult a configuration file /etc/auto.master (see auto.master(5)) by default to find mount points on the system. For each of those mount points automount(8) will mount and start a thread, with the appropriate parameters, to manage the mount point. /etc/init.d/autofs reload will check the current auto.master map against running daemons. It will kill those daemons whose entries have changed and then start daemons for new or changed entries. If a map is modified then the change will become effective immediately. If the auto.master map is modified then the autofs script must be rerun to activate the changes. /etc/init.d/autofs status will display the status of, automount(8), running or not. SEE ALSO
automount(8), autofs(5), auto.master(5). autofs_ldap_auth.conf(5) AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Christoph Lameter <chris@waterf.org>, for the Debian GNU/Linux system. Edited by H. Peter Anvin <hpa@transmeta.com>. 9 Sep 1997 AUTOFS(8)