Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat samba fileshare across 2 diffrent workgroup Post 302474519 by halacil on Wednesday 24th of November 2010 12:33:32 PM
Old 11-24-2010
samba fileshare across 2 diffrent workgroup

Hi
im trying to configure samba on linux server so win client can access the shared files but my win client is on diffrent domain , we recently changed our domain name but not for certain servers...

i guess the samba linux server is still part of our sub domain which is why i still can access it .. but i can see that the fully qualified name is diffrent for win clients and samba linux server. is it possible to access share across multiple domain ?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Diffrent versions of Unix/Linux

With so many diffrent flavors out there, how is a person soposed to know what to go with? I'm not asking for specific discussion here in this forum, but I would like to see various pages and articles dicsussing the pluses and minuses of various unix/linux OS's. I have been searching various... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: MorderKartoffel
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Diffrent IP range connectivity

Hi guys, We have different IP ranges in our LAN, for instance my system IP Add. is in 163.183.37.x range, in the meantime i wish to connect to our printer/plotter which is 163.183.4.x & our LAN in another location with 163.183.38.x. What shoul i do except defining pesudo IP Add's? as a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nikk
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

reconstructing a record in a diffrent order

Can sed be used to take a existing record and reverse the order of defined character placement if there is no delimeters? existing record: 0123456789CO expected result: 9876543210CO if there were delimeters I could define the delimeter and each placement would have an id which I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: r1500
1 Replies

4. IP Networking

wokstation needs to either webserve or fileshare...

Hi guys 'n' gals. I have got myself into a state of confusion, and was wondering if you lot could help me out! I have a G4 Mac OSX 10.3 computer which is my main workstation. Its not running especially fast, and I need to get it as freed up on resources as possible. I use the computer for a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mistafeesh
2 Replies

5. Programming

using a filepointer in a diffrent program

Hi ALL : consider the given 2 codes: //p1.c #include<stdio.h> FILE * fp; main() { pid_t pid; fp=fopen(".........."); // now i am transfering the control to a new process(p2.c). pid=fork(); if(pid==0) ..... execl(" p2".....); .... ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bankpro
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Not able to install Oracle Workgroup Server on SCO Unix 5.0.2 box

After having to replace a video card and having a corrupt root directory, I had to wipe out and reinstall my SCO OpenServer Enterprise System 5.0.2. because nothing would work for the root password. I am now trying to reinstall the Oracel Workgroup Server SCO v7.1.5.2 and it tells me I need to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sheilaj1
1 Replies

7. IP Networking

Workgroup of local machine

Hi Guys, How to find the Workgroup/Domain name of my local machine in unix? Please suggest some link. Thanks. sunil. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: skumar2011
3 Replies

8. Solaris

Diffrent output in cron jobs

Hi, I have issue with cron. When i run script manually output is fine but when i add it to cron output file is not as same. both file attach some junk charecter comming in cron output. thanx Jignesh (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jkmistry
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed diffrent replace by occurrence

I couldn't find the answer anywhere, so I hope you could help me. I need to change something like the following: something/bla/aaaa anything/bbb to: something --bla ----aaaa anything --bbb How do I do this? Is it possible with sed? I tried various patterns, but don't know how to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Patwan
5 Replies

10. AIX

CIFS/SMB mount NetApp (Windows) fileshare

Hi guys, I'm trying to mount a windows share (hosted on a NetApp filer with clustered Ontap 8.3) and I have no luck doing it. This worked before when we used an old NetApp with Ontap 7.3. Seems there is an issue with ASCII/non-unicode support. I'm wondering if anybody here has mounted... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mikedavis
7 Replies
MASKTEST(1)							  [FIXME: manual]						       MASKTEST(1)

NAME
masktest - Find differences in wildcard matching between Samba's implementation and that of a remote server. SYNOPSIS
masktest {//server/share} [-U user%pass] [-d debuglevel] [-W workgroup] [-n numloops] [-s seed] [-a] [-E] [-M max protocol] [-f filechars] [-m maskchars] [-v] DESCRIPTION
masktest is a utility for detecting differences in behaviour between Samba's own implementation and that of a remote server. It will run generate random filenames/masks and check if these match the same files they do on the remote file as they do on the local server. It will display any differences it finds. This utility is used by the Samba team to find differences in behaviour between Samba and Windows servers. OPTIONS
-U user%pass Specify the user and password to use when logging on on the shares. This parameter can be specified twice (once for the first server, once for the second). -s seed Seed the random number generator with the specified value. -n numops Set the number of operations to perform. -a Print the operations that are performed. -M max_protocol Maximum protocol to use. -f Specify characters that can be used when generating file names. Default: abcdefghijklm. -E Abort when difference in behaviour is found. -m maskchars Specify characters used for wildcards. -v Be verbose VERSION
This man page is correct for version 4.0 of the Samba suite. SEE ALSO
Samba AUTHOR
This utility is part of the Samba[1] suite, which is developed by the global Samba Team[2]. masktest was written by Andrew Tridgell. This manpage was written by Jelmer Vernooij. NOTES
1. Samba http://www.samba.org/ 2. Samba Team http://www.samba.org/samba/team/ [FIXME: source] 04/16/2014 MASKTEST(1)