Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: prtconf in Linux
Operating Systems Linux prtconf in Linux Post 302474516 by mark54g on Wednesday 24th of November 2010 12:29:45 PM
Old 11-24-2010
I have never heard of Monta Vista Linux, but if you want to know what drivers you are using, lsmod should let you know that. However, it will not directly correlate to your network device.

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

equivalent prtdiag and prtconf command

I have a very old sunOS 4.xx server on a SPARCstation 5. What is the command , if any, that is similar to prtdiag and prtconf? Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: antalexi
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

prtconf

Hi, Please let me know the equalent Linux command for "prtconf". Thanks in Advance, Naga:cool: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nagapandi
2 Replies

3. AIX

prtconf command not working in Aix 5.3

put prtconf command,after show this error message: bash-3.00# prtconf /usr/sbin/prtconf: msize=msize + 12544^J12544: syntax error pleae help me...........waiting for replay by mohan.s Aix sysadmin (deleted email, rule violation) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: smohan62
2 Replies

4. AIX

Difference between lsconf & prtconf cmds on AIX

Friends, Could someone answer me on a silly question of mine: What's the difference between lsconf & prtconf commands of AIX? I find the o/p's of either of these commands to be same. Excuse me if I'm missing something, also I google-ed about it before turning down here for answer. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: thisissouvik
3 Replies
IFPORT(8)						      System Manager's Manual							 IFPORT(8)

NAME
ifport - select the transceiver type for a network interface SYNOPSIS
ifport interface [auto|10baseT|10base2|aui|100baseT|##] DESCRIPTION
Ifport sets the transceiver type for the specified network interface, for drivers that support multiple transceiver types. If a type is not specified on the command line, then the current type is displayed. The type can be specified either numerically or by keyword. The five standard transceiver types (auto, 10baseT, 10base2, aui, and 100baseT) correspond to codes 0 to 3, for all the Linux PCMCIA network drivers. The keyword match is case insensitive. The network drivers may not reconfigure a card for a new transceiver type if the interface is already open. It is best to invoke ifport prior to configuring the interface with ifconfig to ensure that the new setting takes effect immediately. This utility only works with a limited set of 16-bit PC Card drivers: 3c589_cs, nmclan_cs, pcnet_cs, smc91c92_cs, and xirc2ps_cs. If invoked for other drivers, ifport may report bogus transceiver settings, or report ``Operation not supported''. DIAGNOSTICS
ioctl: Operation not supported Indicates that this network device does not support manual transceiver selection. There may be only one transceiver option, or the device may always autodetect the appropriate transceiver. AUTHOR
David Hinds - dahinds@users.sourceforge.net SEE ALSO
ifconfig(8). pcmcia-cs 2000/06/12 21:24:48 IFPORT(8)