Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: perl ssh2 output formatting
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting perl ssh2 output formatting Post 302474482 by fpmurphy on Wednesday 24th of November 2010 10:51:03 AM
Old 11-24-2010
You are doing something wrong. It works perfectly fine for me.

Please provide copy of your updated script with the changes I suggested - nothing else -
and I will see what is wrong.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

formatting output

Hi need some advice.. #grep -i hostname test.csv (gives the below output) HOSTNAME,name,host_test,,,,,,,, Now I need to format the above output as below. HOSTNAME: name=host_test Any easy way of doing this using awk or sed or printf? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: balaji_prk
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Formatting Output

Hi I tried running the below awk 'BEGIN { printf ("%s %-51s %s %-7s %s",$var1,$var2,$var3,$var4,$var5)}' from the command prompt and it is not working. Getting the error awk: Field $() is not correct. The source line number is 1. Actually my requirement is to form a string based on... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dhanamurthy
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

formatting the output

Is it possible to convert the attached file to the format mentioned. Here for a particular job the table name and the corresponding instance name from one test run "X" is compared with the table name and the instance name from the second test run "Y" for output rows,affected rows,applied... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ragavhere
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Formatting ls output

I am using find and ls to search for "warez" files on my server. find /home/ -regex ".*\.\(avi\|mp3\|mpeg\|mpg\|iso\)" -print0 | xargs -0 ls -oh This command produces this: -rw-r--r-- 1 1000 3.2M Feb 18 2009 /home/user/public_html/lupus.mp3 I want to only get this 3.2M... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bonrad
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Formatting my output

Dear All, I am new to unix scripting. I need your help to format my output on screen. echo " --------------------------------------------" echo " | My Output |" echo " --------------------------------------------" echo " | A: $A... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahiljavaid
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Formatting Perl Output

Hi, I am getting the output from a PERL program but the output is all on different lines. My code is printf hOUT "%s\t%s\t%s\t%s\t%s\t%s",$M1_CTR, $M2_CTR, $M3_CTR, $M4_CTR, $M5_CTR, $M6_CTR; Example: My report (which I send via email) should look like this Area 1 Area 2 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nurani
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl ssh2 login issue.

Hi Experts, I came across this interesting situation. I have following ssh script login to multiple server. This works fine for one set of servers (linux) but on my sun boxes i am getting. error #!/usr/bin/perl -w use Net::SSH::Perl; use POSIX; use Term::ANSIColor qw(:constants); use... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mtomar
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Formatting the output

Hi, I have a file which contents entries in this form. Only in /data4/temp abc.000001 Only in /data4/temp abc.000003 Only in /data4/temp abc.000012 Only in /data4/temp abc.000120 Only in /data4/temp abc.000133 Only in /data4/temp abc.001444 i want to read line by line and format... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: arijitsaha
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Formatting output

I have the output like below: DEV#: 9 DEVICE NAME: hdisk9 TYPE: 1750500 ALGORITHM: Load Balance SERIAL: 68173531021 ========================================================================== Path# Adapter/Path Name State Mode Select Errors 0 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Daniel Gate
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Formatting of output

Hi, I have some output in the format below: Col-A Col-B 8781 4319 8781 2332 8781 0269 5550 3282 5550 9465 5550 7607 7064 4456 . . I want to re-format the output so i will get something like this: 8781:4319,2332,0269 5550:3282,9465,7607 7064:4456 for... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: james2009
6 Replies
Net::Server::Log::Sys::Syslog(3)			User Contributed Perl Documentation			  Net::Server::Log::Sys::Syslog(3)

NAME
Net::Server::Log::Sys::Syslog - log via Syslog SYNOPSIS
use base qw(Net::Server::PreFork); __PACKAGE__->run( log_file => 'Sys::Syslog', syslog_ident => 'myapp', ); DESCRIPTION
This module provides Sys::Syslog logging to the Net::Server system. CONFIGURATION
log_file To begin using Sys::Syslog logging, simply set the Net::Server log_file configuration parameter to "Sys::Syslog". If the magic name "Sys::Syslog" is used, all logging will take place via the Sys::Syslog module. If syslog is used the parameters "syslog_logsock", "syslog_ident", and "syslog_logopt",and "syslog_facility" may also be defined. syslog_logsock Only available if "log_file" is equal to "Sys::Syslog". May be either unix, inet, native, console, stream, udp, or tcp, or an arrayref of the types to try. Default is "unix" if the version of Sys::Syslog < 0.15 - otherwise the default is to not call setlogsock. See Sys::Syslog. syslog_ident Only available if "log_file" is equal to "Sys::Syslog". Id to prepend on syslog entries. Default is "net_server". See Sys::Syslog. syslog_logopt Only available if "log_file" is equal to "Sys::Syslog". May be either zero or more of "pid","cons","ndelay","nowait". Default is "pid". See Sys::Syslog. syslog_facility Only available if "log_file" is equal to "Sys::Syslog". See Sys::Syslog and syslog. Default is "daemon". DEFAULT ARGUMENTS FOR Net::Server The following arguments are available in the default "Net::Server" or "Net::Server::Single" modules. (Other personalities may use additional parameters and may optionally not use parameters from the base class.) Key Value Default ## syslog parameters (if log_file eq Sys::Syslog) syslog_logsock (native|unix|inet|udp |tcp|stream|console) unix (on Sys::Syslog < 0.15) syslog_ident "identity" "net_server" syslog_logopt (cons|ndelay|nowait|pid) pid syslog_facility w+ daemon METHODS
"initialize" This method is called during the initilize_logging method of Net::Server. It returns a single code ref that will be stored under the log_function property of the Net::Server object. That code ref takes log_level and message as arguments and calls the initialized log4perl system. "handle_log_error" This method is called if the log_function fails for some reason. It is passed the Net::Server object, the error that occurred while logging and an arrayref containing the log level and the message. In turn, this calls the legacy Net::Server::handle_syslog_error method. LICENCE
Distributed under the same terms as Net::Server perl v5.18.2 2013-01-09 Net::Server::Log::Sys::Syslog(3)