Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: keeping a process alive ?
Operating Systems Solaris keeping a process alive ? Post 302474464 by cerioni on Wednesday 24th of November 2010 09:57:50 AM
Old 11-24-2010
keeping a process alive ?

Hello guys, I have one script running that I need to keep it running 24x7 so I'd like to know how can I implement a sort of monitoring process I mean if for some reason this process dies somehow it gets automatically started again.

Thanks.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to kill process while keeping the submitted job running

:confused: I have a process which was schedule to run from 8am - 6pm daily. The scripts will search & run the commands that i was predefined in the database. Ususally, there were about 6-7 jobs for each submission and each job takes about 1-2 hrs and running one by one. And, I have a cron job... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hk_newbie
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Keeping cron jobs alive...?

Hi, I'm very new to Unix so please bear with me... :) Here is my requirement: I need to create a cron job to run two different scripts at 1 a.m. every day. Here's what I did: I used the "crontab -e" command and created a crontab file using the vi editor. When I exit the editor using... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: yogiB
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Check whether a process is alive or not

Hi Everybody I have small requirement that needs to be implemented in shell script. Currently i have shell script which invokes a java process say "Process A" which runs in background. If some one tries to invoke again the same shell script , then there should be some mechanism inside the... (23 Replies)
Discussion started by: appleforme1415
23 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

keeping 10 process running at the same time

Hi guys, I neet to run sqlldr to charge about 50,000 files every day to my DWH, so I need to make an script to keep about 100 processes of sqlldr running at the same time. So, the issue is that i've been trying for a few days to make an script which can keep that amount of processes running, so... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: razziel
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Keeping std & err outputs alive and feed one log file in a one-shot way

Bonjour, I have a large script with a lot of print statements and misc commands. Standard and error outputs are redirected like into the following code : #!/usr/bin/ksh LOG=/<some dir>/log > $LOG exec >>${LOG} 2>>${LOG} print aaaaa print bbbbb print ccccc ... some_cmd That way,... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Fundix
5 Replies

6. Tips and Tutorials

My "Bread and Butter" Process Keep Alive Perl Script....

For the newbies, I should have posted this years ago.... Here is the standard (tiny) "bread and butter" perl script (on Linux) I use in my crontab files to insure key processes are alive ( just in case ! ) like httpd, named, sshd, etc. The example below if for named...... ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Neo
1 Replies

7. What is on Your Mind?

Is this forum alive?

Odd thing. I posted in the Solaris forum, new user, just asking for a bit of advice. Nothing too complicated. As of this post there have been 140 views and zero replies. So that got me thinking, is this normal? I had a look around, and I see the same thing on many other threads, and in other... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: _JonB_
2 Replies

8. Programming

Socket Keep-Alive

Hi I'm adding http 1.1 GET to my project and trying to use “Keep-Alive” HTTP connections to the host, The problem is when I recv() the first page, it succeeds. However, the 2nd consecutive recv() will receive zero bytes, for which I really have no idea. As per HTTP 1.1 I have Connection: ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Projecteer
6 Replies
cmrunserv(1m)															     cmrunserv(1m)

NAME
cmrunserv - run a service from the high availability package run script SYNOPSIS
cmrunserv [-v] service_name service_command_string cmrunserv [-v] [-r restarts] service_name service_command_string cmrunserv [-v] [-R] service_name service_command_string DESCRIPTION
cmrunserv is used in the high availability package run script to run a service. To start package's service, a user must either be superuser(UID=0), or have an access policy of FULL_ADMIN allowed in the cluster configu- ration file. See access policy in cmquerycl(1m) or cmmakepkg(1m). If the service process dies, cmrunserv updates the status of the service to down. The cluster software will recognize the change in status and execute the normal package recovery sequence. This includes executing the package halt script, determining if the package can be run on a different node, and, if so, executing the package run script on the new node. Should the service_command be halted by the cmhaltserv command, a SIGTERM signal will be sent to the process. This executable or shell script should be able to handle a SIGTERM signal and execute a graceful shutdown performing any cleanup necessary. If the process ignores the SIGTERM, a SIGKILL will be sent to the process. If a SIGKILL is sent, the process will die immediately and will be unable to perform any cleanup. Options cmrunserv supports the following options. -v Verbose output will be displayed. -r restarts Indicates that the service should be automatically restarted by the cluster software if it fails, without halting the package. restarts indicates how many times the service may fail before the package should be halted. -R Indicates the service should be restarted an unlimited number of times if it fails. service_name Name of the service as it exists in the package configuration information. service_command_string Process string to be started. This includes the process name and any arguments necessary for the process to run. The process name must be a full path, may be either a command name or a shell script, and must be executable. RETURN VALUE
cmrunserv returns the following values: 0 Successful completion. 1 Command failed. EXAMPLES
To run the service command string /var/opt/db/database1 under the service name db1, do the following: # Run the process /var/opt/db/database1 cmrunserv db1 /var/opt/db/database1 This line should only be executed within a package run script. AUTHOR
cmrunserv was developed by HP. SEE ALSO
cmhaltserv(1m), cmquerycl(1m), cmmakepkg(1m), cmmodnet(1m). Requires Optional Serviceguard Software cmrunserv(1m)