Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: find/replace?
Operating Systems Solaris find/replace? Post 302474376 by hadimotamedi on Wednesday 24th of November 2010 06:23:01 AM
Old 11-24-2010
I tried for your code but it is returning as :
'sed: illegal option --i'
Can you please correct me?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

find and replace

I have statement like this column_id.columnname=="value" in unix i want to modify above statement to variable1=="value" that means i have to replace the string before "==" by string "variable1" second catch is, in statement instead of "==" you can have any arithmatic comarision... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahabunta
7 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Please help with find and replace:

Hi I am trying to find a product code hightlighted in red, and re-insert it at another place on the same file. I shall be grateful if anyone can help me with this. Stuck and have deadline!!:confused: Original Line: (I can get source data in one of these two formats) ISD=977155185403901+DIE... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gloovy_tb
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

find and replace

Hi, There are some "n" files in a directory which contains comman string.A command to find and replace the string in all the files without looping. like if i am in a directory : # find ./ -name ".txt" | xargs sed -e 's/test/tst' Upto here is performed correctly and i want to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rakshit
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

find and replace

hi, i have a data in a file like below: 100 8388kmn844., 8488 200 8398kmn894., 8398 i want replace from kmn to . as null. output should be 100 8388, 8488 200 8398, 8398 Plz help. Thanks in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: javeed7
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

find and replace

I am looking to find and replace a string in a file, can anyone suggest a global find and replace. looked at previous replies on other queries but none seem to address what i am looking for. aint familiar with sed so trying to use ordinary unix commands if possible Thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SummitElse
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find Replace

Need to convert echo "7 6" to $7,$6 But the count of numbers can increase say echo "7,6,8,9" tried this didn't work echo "7 6" | sed 's/\(*\)/\1/' But did not help much (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dinjo_jo
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find/Replace

I have the following requirement in the shell script 1. I have more than 200 shell script files. I need to find out how many shell scripts have "sqlplus /" in the shell file 2. I need to replace all the shell scripts in the single command for example: connect scott/scott replace as ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pmsuper
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and Replace

i am having a file test1.txt and its contents is as follows. <abcaaa bbb ccc ddd> <dddeeeffff> <my computer> <abcmydocuments> Now I need to find the text abc and should be replaced as follows. <abc> <dddeeeffff> <my computer> <abc> First line has the text "abc" and it has to be... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kmanivan82
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and replace?

Hi All, I have data like below 1 CREATE TABLE temp123 2 ( 3 col1 INTEGER, 4 col2 CHAR(3) CHARACTER SET LATIN NOT CASESPECIFIC, 5 col3 DECIMAL(19,0), 6 col4 VARCHAR(80) CHARACTER SET LATIN NOT CASESPECIFIC, 7 start_dt DAte FORMAT 'YY/MM/DD', 8 end_dt DATE FORMAT 'YY/MM/DD', 9 datecol1... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: baranisachin
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and replace

Hi Team, one silly issue. but its not working for me. I need to find a pattern a file and replace it with the given value in another file. Here's the code snippet. Search_String=100 Replace_String=151 cat ${work}/temp_${CSV_File} | sed 's|"${Search_String}"|"${Replace_String}"|g'... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kmanivan82
2 Replies
SHTOOL-INSTALL.TMP(1)					      GNU Portable Shell Tool					     SHTOOL-INSTALL.TMP(1)

NAME
shtool-install - GNU shtool install(1) command SYNOPSIS
shtool install [-v|--verbose] [-t|--trace] [-d|--mkdir] [-c|--copy] [-C|--compare-copy] [-s|--strip] [-m|--mode mode] [-o|--owner owner] [-g|--group group] [-e|--exec sed-cmd] file [file ...] path DESCRIPTION
This command installs a one or more files to a given target path providing all important options of the BSD install(1) command. The trick is that the functionality is provided in a portable way. OPTIONS
The following command line options are available. -v, --verbose Display some processing information. -t, --trace Enable the output of the essential shell commands which are executed. -d, --mkdir To maximize BSD compatiblity, the BSD "shtool "install -d"" usage is internally mapped to the "shtool "mkdir -f -p -m 755"" command. -c, --copy Copy the file to the target path. Default is to move. -C, --compare-copy Same as -c except if the destination file already exists and is identical to the source file, no installation is done and the target remains untouched. -s, --strip This option strips program executables during the installation, see strip(1). Default is to install verbatim. -m, --mode mode The file mode applied to the target, see chmod(1). Setting mode to ""-"" skips this step and leaves the operating system default which is usually based on umask(1). Some file modes require superuser privileges to be set. Default is 0755. -o, --owner owner The file owner name or id applied to the target, see chown(1). This option requires superuser privileges to execute. Default is to skip this step and leave the operating system default which is usually based on the executing uid or the parent setuid directory. -g, --group group The file group name or id applied to the target, see chgrp(1). This option requires superuser privileges to execute to the fullest extend, otherwise the choice of group is limited on most operating systems. Default is to skip this step and leave the operating system default which is usually based on the executing gid or the parent setgid directory. -e, --exec sed-cmd This option can be used one or multiple times to apply one or more sed(1) commands to the file contents during installation. EXAMPLE
# Makefile install: : shtool install -c -s -m 4755 foo $(bindir)/ shtool install -c -m 644 foo.man $(mandir)/man1/foo.1 shtool install -c -m 644 -e "s/@p@/$prefix/g" foo.conf $(etcdir)/ HISTORY
The GNU shtool install command was originally written by Ralf S. Engelschall <rse@engelschall.com> in 1997 for GNU shtool. It was prompted by portability issues in the installation procedures of OSSP libraries. SEE ALSO
shtool(1), umask(1), chmod(1), chown(1), chgrp(1), strip(1), sed(1). 18-Jul-2008 shtool 2.0.8 SHTOOL-INSTALL.TMP(1)