Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Ubuntu Connect 2 laptops with RJ45 cable (Ubuntu 10.10 laptop with Windows 7 laptop) Post 302474261 by cgkmal on Tuesday 23rd of November 2010 08:41:29 PM
Old 11-23-2010
Hi Corona688,

Thanks for your answer, it works set up static IP to eth0 in that easy way.

I had to install Samba file sharing in ubuntu, send as root user the command
sudo smbpasswd -a user

to enable file sharing between ubuntu and Windows laptop. I did connecting
both laptops with a straight cable (I was thinking it was posibly only with crossover cable). The transfer rate is lower than 3Mb/s, but at least is better than using a USB pendrive.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Best regards.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to connect laptop to Unix system via Parallel port

Hi, I have been using a computer to keep track of inventory for my business. I am pretty sure it runs on Unix. In the back of the computer there is some sort of PCI card that has about 8 RJ-11 ports on it. I use that card to connect the Unix system to my 3 VT-220 terminals. I use a simple 6... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: john202
1 Replies

2. Ubuntu

Toshiba Laptop Won't Run Bluetooth with Ubuntu

I am running Ubuntu 8.1 on a Toshiba Satellite P105-S9337 with built-in Bluetooth hardware. I cannot get the Bluetooth hardware to work with my Microsoft Bluetooth mouse. I have installed the tosh software with no luck. Does anyone have an idea as to what to try. I have several kernel mods... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tjloeb
0 Replies

3. Ubuntu

no wireless access on my laptop in ubuntu 9.10

Hii i have installed ubuntu 9.10 and my hp laptop has a wireless (this one works just like the normal volume button touch screen if u touch it wireless works or else it doesnot ) now after installing ubuntu it glows always red and never turn blue.. i have windows 7 on other partition it... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: phoenix_nebula
0 Replies

4. Ubuntu

power management in ubuntu for laptop

Hi I have the following problem, when I try to work on battery in my laptop, ubuntu consumes power very rapidly and after couple of minuts my laptop is out of battery power. Previosly had win xp on that machine and win was able to manage battery power much better then linux. Is there any... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: presul
1 Replies

5. Hardware

How to connect a 4TB G-Raid hard drive to a laptop?

I am having trouble connecting my 4TB G-Raid Hard drive to my Compaq Hp laptop can anyone tell me how or what I need in order to connect the 4T and getting it working. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jake Wolf
10 Replies

6. Ubuntu

Ubuntu Lenovo Thinkpad E520-1143 Laptop

Is it possible to install Ubuntu 11.04 or Ubuntu 11.10 in Lenovo Thinkpad E520-1143 Now it Powerd By windowd Xp Professional is it possible to install Ubuntu in it and supports all drivers for ma laptop such as VGA driver Sound,Wireless,Lan , fingerprint,camera pls reply r is it possible to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: babinlonston
0 Replies

7. Solaris

Connect from Dell Laptop to SunBlade 100

Hi All I connect to my SunBlade using the keyboard/mouse provided by the sun. Now I would like to connect to it using my dell laptop running on Windows 7. I have connected the laptop to the SunBlade using just a one crossover 9-pin connector using the free/basic version of the terminal... (24 Replies)
Discussion started by: tomicmanka
24 Replies

8. Ubuntu

Laptop to laptop transfer files

Dear all, I would like to transfer my old laptop documents/files etc to the new laptop without using any external hard disk. Please let me know if its possible via any way. Thank in advance, emily (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: emily
3 Replies

9. Solaris

Multiboot on a laptop: windows Solaris Linux

Hi Just want to share.... Multiboot: winlinsos; June 2016 Lenovo x230, 4GB - No internal DVD driver I have # fdisk -l Disk /dev/sda: 120.0 GB, 120034123776 bytes, 234441648 sectors Units = sectors of 1 * 512 = 512 bytes Sector size (logical/physical): 512 bytes / 512 bytes I/O... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: van12
0 Replies
usbkdp(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						 usbkdp(1)

NAME
usbkdp -- USB KDP Tool SYNOPSIS
usbkdp DESCRIPTION
The usbkdp commandline tool is built to act as a proxy for the kernel debugging, which uses the KDP protocol over USB. It will also accept kernel core dump images transmitted over USB. As a complete technology, USBKDP redirects the kernel debugging KDP protocol over USB. It enables live LLDB debugging of a trapped kernel over a Standard Type A USB debug cable. The debug cable only has the SS Tx-Rx pairs. The Vbus and Ground pins are shorted. It follows the same seamless operation as the Ethernet debugging. It provides the following advantages over Ethernet based remote debugging: - Available sooner in the kernel's startup. - Available until right when the cpu is powered down at sleep and almost as soon as the cpu is powered when waking. - No IP network configuration required. - Data rates upto, 5Gb/s. USBKDP also enables Remote Kernel Core Dumps over USB. This allows you to debug a static kernel at a later time without the need to be con- nected at the time of debug. To enable the kernel core dumps, see the section "Core Dumps". For more information on debugging with Kernel Core Dumps, please see: Technical Note TN2118: Debugging With Kernel Core Dumps. USBKDP works in two parts: kernel software on the target side (i.e. - machine to be debugged) and user-space software on the host side. Now, the target side software is integrated into the OS. This means that the USBKDP functionality is part of the IOUSBFamily.kext. OPTIONS
-v : Turn on verbose mode. It enables logging. -h : Print help information about usbkdp. COMPATABILITY
It is compatible with the OSX platforms having XHCI support. USAGE
Connect two MACs via the USB debug cable and follow the steps below: On the target (machine to be debugged): 1. Set the boot-args to enable debugging over USB: a. To support legacy behavior we have the boot- args as (defaults to XHC1): % sudo nvram boot-args="debug=0x14e kdp_match_name=usb" b. In case of multiple controllers we explicitly are required to specify the controller, example: % sudo nvram boot-args="debug=0x14e kdp_match_name=XHC2" 2. Reboot the target: % sudo reboot 3. Break into the debug mode as you would for Ethernet/Firewire i.e. NMI button, panic, debugger traps, etc. On the host (machine where lldb session will run) 1. Run usbkdp: % usbkdp The USBKDP tool, currently, has only one default behaviour where it supports: a. Live debugging using lldb. b. Receving core-dumps, via lldb session, using sendcore macro. USBKDP is a stateless translator that shunts data between the network KDP/UDP port and the USB connection. Once started it can be left run- ning indefinitely, for one lldb session. 2. On another terminal window, run the lldb with the target operating system's symbol file. % lldb ./kernel See the Apple Development Kits webpage for the "Kernel Debug Kit" which will contain the matching kernel symbols. 3. Attach to the panicked target: (lldb) kdp-remote localhost This will establish the connection and load the appropriate symbols, if lldb is configured correctly. Use all the standard lldb commands and macros as you would for debugging over Ethernet. 4. To send the core to the host you will have to use the following: (lldb) sendcore localhost (lldb) detach or (lldb) sendcore localhost (lldb) continue DISABLING
To disable the USBKDP, delete the target machine's boot-args. Within Terminal.app run the following: - % sudo nvram -d boot-args - OR set the boot-args variable to your previous setting, by removing the kdp_match_name=usb. - Restart to target Mac. NOTES
Other debug/boot-arg options: For more information on the debug flags, please see Technical Note TN2118. Setting the boot-arg variable "io" to "0x80" will turn on a sig- nificant volume of power management logging, which may be useful while debugging sleep/wake issues. Similarly, adding the "-v" argument to the boot-args will enable Mac OS X's verbose mode. This may be useful for watching local logging during boot or shutdown. For example, to add power management logging and verbose mode: % sudo nvram boot-args="debug=0x8 io=0x80 -v" FILES
/usr/bin/usbkdp is installed as part of the Mac OS X Developer Tools. SEE ALSO
fwkdp(1) Mac OS X March 3, 2016 Mac OS X