Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: placeholder in gnuplot data
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting placeholder in gnuplot data Post 302474125 by Corona688 on Tuesday 23rd of November 2010 10:27:34 AM
Old 11-23-2010
placeholder in gnuplot data

My input data has occasional holes in it, spots where a sensor couldn't be read. These are ERR in the data file instead of a floating point number. What should I change them to, for gnuplot to ignore these values instead of whining about them?

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with gnuplot

Hi, I am a beginner using UNIX, and was wondering how to use gnuplot from UNIX on my pc. I am connected remotely to my work's UNIX server using Secure Shell Client, and gnuplot won't open a new window when I use the plot command. How do I do this? Moreover, is it possible to save things from the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: KTTFB64
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Gnuplot question: plotting 3D data in map view

I have a simple gnuplot question. I have a set of points (list of x,y,z values; irregularly spaced, i.e. no grid) that I want to plot. I want the plot to look like this: - map view (no 3D view) - color of each point should depend on z-value. - I want to define my own color scale - plot should... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: karman
1 Replies

3. Programming

GNUPLOT- how to change the style of data points

Hi, I am trying to arrange my graphs with GNUPLOT. Although it looked like simple at the beginning, I could not figure out an answer for the following: I want to change the style of my data points (not the line, just exact data points) The terminal assigns first + and then x to them but what I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: natasha
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Fitting data in gnuplot with xyerrorbars

I was looking at the examples that show how to fit data using gnuplot (ex: gnuplot / misc (2E)) but I can't find a place that shows what to do if I have ranges for the x and y error bars. I tried the common sense: gnuplot> fit f(x) "data.txt" using 3:6:4:5:7:8 via a,b ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: cosmologist
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

search 32 bit binary for the 1's and return a 1 to the placeholder variable

Folks , I have a korn shell script that i have written for assembly, the variable that is a final result is returning hexadecimal, now the value is to be converted to binary and return the place holder in the binary that has a 1 in its place and send it to a variable assigned for the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: venu
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing file: preparing data for charts (gnuplot, calc,...)

Hi there, I have files (tsv) like this: CTLPort IO Rate(IOPS) Read Hit(%) Write Hit(%) Timestamp 0A 136 97 100 09:36:48 0B 3 100 100 09:36:48 0C 88 35 100 09:36:48 0A 87 100 100 09:37:49 0B 3 97 100 09:37:49 0C 83 45 100 09:37:49 0A 108 83 100 09:38:48 0B 3 100 100 09:38:48... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gray380
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Gnuplot Time Data Question

I have a data file of the following format: servername,2013-05-11 17:46:03,SomeText,195,195,11,202 servername,2013-05-11 17:47:03,SomeText,192,192,23,103 servername,2013-05-11 17:48:03,SomeText,189,190,14,117 servername,2013-05-11 17:49:03,SomeText,196,195,24,231 ... ... I want to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: BeeryM
0 Replies

8. UNIX and Linux Applications

Gnuplot Same Data Two Axes Different Units)

I'm pretty familiar with Gnuplot, but I've never actually come across a reasonable solution to this problem and I'm hoping someone can help me out! I think it's because I don't know how to pose the problem neatly, so please bare with me. Also new to the forum....so yeah... I have one data set (x... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: TC69
3 Replies
SWSENSOR(4)						   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 					       SWSENSOR(4)

NAME
swsensor -- software environmental sensor SYNOPSIS
pseudo-device swsensor DESCRIPTION
The swsensor driver provides a software environmental sensor that works with sysctl(8) and envstat(8). The driver is intended to be loaded as a kernel module. One can, however, include the swsensor driver directly in a kernel using the configuration from the synopsis. By default, the sensor is of type ENVSYS_UNITS_INTEGER. The following values can be specified in the modload(8) command when loading the swsensor module to alter the driver's behavior. Variable Usage mode Controls whether or not swsensor provides internally-maintained limits and limit checking Value Meaning 0 sensor has no internally-maintained limits 1 sensor provides its own internal limit value 2 sensor maintains an internal adjustable limit and performs its own comparison between the sensor's limit and its current value limit The initial alarm limit value, if limit emulation is selected (i.e., if mode is set to 1 or 2) value_max value_min The maximum and minimum values. The corresponding ENVSYS_FVALID_MAX and ENVSYS_FVALID_MIN flags are implicitly set. percentage This boolean value controls the setting of the ENVSYS_FPERCENT flag. type Define the sensor's unit/type. By default, a Temperature sensor is created. Any of the string values from the following table can be specified: Temperature Fan Voltage AC Voltage DC Ohms Watts Ampere Watt hour Ampere hour Indicator Integer Drive Battery capacity Battery charge (Values are case-sensitive, and spaces must be included.) value Provide an initial value for the sensor. If this is omitted, the sensor's initial value is set to zero. For example, modload -s type=Voltage DC swsensor will create a sensor of type ENVSYS_UNITS_SVOLTS_DC, while modload -i mode=1 -i limit=50 swsensor will create a sensor which has an initial, device-provided limit of 50. The sensor's raw value and state can be manually updated by modifying the sysctl(8) variables ``hw.swsensor.cur_value'' and ``hw.swsensor.state'' variables respectively. SEE ALSO
modctl(2), envstat(8), sysctl(8) HISTORY
The swsensor driver was written by Paul Goyette and first appeared in NetBSD 6.0. BUGS
The swsensor driver emulates a device with only a single sensor. The swsensor driver can only emulate one hardware-managed limit; this is assumed to be the critical-min limit. BSD
August 27, 2012 BSD