Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: HACMP switch over
Operating Systems AIX HACMP switch over Post 302474077 by samsungsamsung on Tuesday 23rd of November 2010 08:26:44 AM
Old 11-23-2010
HACMP switchback

Hi

The daemons gsclvmd and nimsh are still showing up as inoperative in node A
Code:
#lssrc -a | grep cl
 clcomdES         clcomdES         323782       active
 clstrmgrES       cluster          430318       active
 nimsh            nimclient                     inoperative
 gsclvmd                                        inoperative

So will the resource group movement work fine?

Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment You already got a reminder and a guide to use code tags. Please do not ignore these.

Last edited by zaxxon; 11-23-2010 at 09:36 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Hacmp

(0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mhenryj
0 Replies

2. AIX

HACMP (Again)

Hello I am a noobie to HACMP I have 2 55A servers and a 7031 disk subsystem For HACMP to work, do I need to have the hdisks on both servers to match the same drives?? The hdisks on each box are currently different: hdisk0 and hdisk1 are the internal disks and hdisk2-5 are on the D24 on... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mhenryj
1 Replies

3. AIX

Node Switch Reasons in HACMP

Hi Guys, I have two nodes clustered. Each node is AIX 5.2 & they are clustered with HACMP 5.2. The mode of the cluster is Active/Passive which mean one node is the Active node & have all resource groups on it & the 2nd node is standby. Last Monday I noted that all resource groupes have been... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aldowsary
2 Replies

4. HP-UX

HACMP in HP-UX

Hi, Can anybody advice whether it is possible to configure HACMP in HP-UX Server. To my knowledge HACMP is IBM Solution. Thanks && Regards, N. Poorna Chandra Rao. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: npcrao
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to access console of a switch having rj45 on switch side to db 9 female on pc side console cable

hi, how to access console of a switch having rj45 on switch side to db 9 female on pc side console cable which needs to be connected to one console server having rj11 on its side and db 9 female on other end.i.e. on switch side,console cable has rj45 and db 9 pin female connector on other side of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pankajd
1 Replies

6. AIX

HACMP

Hi, Can we use network for heartbeat, I mean can we use different network card for heartbeat. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: vjm
6 Replies

7. AIX

HACMP

hi can anyone explain the concepts of HACMP and configuration (step by step) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: udtyuvaraj
2 Replies

8. AIX

HACMP does not start db2 after failover (db2nodes not getting modified by hacmp)

hi, when I do a failover, hacmp always starts db2 but recently it fails to start db2..noticed the issue is db2nodes.cfg is not modified by hacmp and is still showing primary node..manually changed the node name to secondary after which db2 started immediately..unable to figure out why hacmp is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gkr747
4 Replies

9. AIX

Hacmp

Hi, I have question about HA. I have 2 node cluster (node A and node B). I have configured network and disk HB. If my network is up and i remove both the fc cables from node A will my cluster failover to node B? I have checked and its not working, if i want my cluster to failover in this... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: powerAIX
5 Replies

10. AIX

Crash dump and Panic message : RSCT Dead Man Switch Timeout for HACMP; halting non-responsive node

Dear all i have two aix system -Model : P770 -OS version: AIX 6.1 -patch level : 6100-07-04-1216 -ha version : HACMP v 6.1.0.8 -host : A, B last Wednesday, my B system suddenly went down with crash dump. after 1 minute, A system went down with crash dump. I checked the dump of A-system... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: tomato00
6 Replies
scds_hasp_check(3HA)					 Sun Cluster HA and Data Services				      scds_hasp_check(3HA)

NAME
scds_hasp_check - get status information about SUNW.HAStoragePlus resources that are used by a resource SYNOPSIS
cc [flags...] -I /usr/cluster/include file -L /usr/cluster/lib -l dsdev #include <rgm/libdsdev.h> scha_err_t scds_hasp_check(scds_handle_t handle, scds_hasp_status_t *hasp_status DESCRIPTION
The scds_hasp_check() function retrieves status information about SUNW.HAStoragePlus(5) resources that are used by a resource. This infor- mation is obtained from the state, online or otherwise, of all SUNW.HAStoragePlus resources on which the resource depends. This state is obtained by using the Resource_dependencies or Resource_dependencies_weak system properties that are defined for the resource. Resource type implementations can use scds_hasp_check() in VALIDATE and MONITOR_CHECK method callback implementations to determine whether checks that are specific to any file systems that are managed by SUNW.HAStoragePlus resources should be carried out. When the function succeeds, a status code is stored in hasp_status. This code can be one of the following values: SCDS_HASP_NO_RESOURCE Indicates that the resource does not depend on a SUNW.HAStoragePlus resource. SCDS_HASP_ERR_CONFIG Indicates that at least one of the SUNW.HAStoragePlus resources on which the resource depends is located in a different resource group. SCDS_HASP_NOT_ONLINE Indicates that a SUNW.HAStoragePlus resource on which the resource depends is not online on any potential primary node or zone. SCDS_HASP_ONLINE_NOT_LOCAL Indicates that at least one SUNW.HAStoragePlus resource on which the resource depends is online, but on another node or zone from which this function is called. SCDS_HASP_ONLINE_LOCAL Indicates that all SUNW.HAStoragePlus resources on which the resource depends are online on the node or zone from which this function is called. Note - The preceding status codes have precedence over each other in the order in which they appear. For example, if a SUNW.HAStoragePlus resource is not online and another SUNW.HAStoragePlus resource is online on a different node or zone, the status code is set to SCDS_HASP_NOT_ONLINE rather than SCDS_HASP_ONLINE_NOT_LOCAL. The scds_hasp_check() function ignores all SUNW.HAStoragePlus resources for which the FilesystemMountPoints or Zpools property is set to an empty list, the default. PARAMETERS
The following parameters are supported: handle Handle that is returned from scds_initialize(3HA). hasp_status Status of SUNW.HAStoragePlus resources that are used by the resource. RETURN VALUES
SCHA_ERR_NOERR The function succeeded. This value also indicates that the status code that is stored in hasp_status is valid. SCHA_ERR_INTERNAL The function failed. The value that is stored in hasp_status is undefined. Ignore this undefined value. See the scha_calls(3HA) man page for a description of other error codes. FILES
/usr/cluster/include/rgm/libdsdev.h Include file /usr/cluster/lib/libdsdev.so Library ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWscdev | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
scds_initialize(3HA), scha_calls(3HA), attributes(5), SUNW.HAStoragePlus(5) Sun Cluster 3.2 7 Sep 2007 scds_hasp_check(3HA)