Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting write filename as first line in a txt file Post 302473992 by k_manimuthu on Tuesday 23rd of November 2010 03:36:19 AM
Old 11-23-2010
Code:
perl -i -pe 'BEGIN{undef $/;} s/^/$ARGV\n/' `find . -name '*.txt'`

This User Gave Thanks to k_manimuthu For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to read last line of a txt file?

I need to read the last file for a particular day, such as, "Jun 13" because the CSV file is cumulative for the entire day, so I don't want all the previous files, I just want the last file, for that day. I ran an 'ls -al | grep "June 13" > myLs.txt' (simplified) to list all files from that day.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yongho
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

rename multiple filename.45267.txt to >> filename.txt

i have several thousand files and in subdirs that are named file.46634.txt budget.75346.pdf etc i want to remove the number but retain the extension. it is always a 5 digit. thanks. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jason7
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to read from txt file and write it to xls?

Hello All, I just want help in coding a simple shell script since i am a newbie for UNIX and i started learning unix and shell scripting basics recently. I am having a data like this in .txt file. Product Name : XYZ Price : 678.1 Best Buy Price : 600 Product Name : ABC Price : 465... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vasanth_123
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Move txt file to with current date appended to filename

I have multiple txt files which begin with the word "orders" in folder C:\source. I need to move the files to folder C:\dest and rename them to "process_<date>_<count>" So for example , if there are 3 files ordersa.txt , ordersb.txt and ordersc.txt in C:\source , after running the script I want... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: johannd
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Move txt file to with current date appended to filename

I have multiple txt files which begin with the word "orders" in folder C:\source. I need to move the files to folder C:\dest and rename them to "process_<date>_<count>" So for example , if there are 3 files ordersa.txt , ordersb.txt and ordersc.txt in C:\source , after running the script I want... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: johannd
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Add a new column to txt file containing filename

I would like help adding a new column to a large txt file (~10MB) that contains the filename. I have searched other posts but have not found an adequate solution. I need this extra column so I can concatenate >100 files and perform awk searches on this large file. My current txt file look... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kellywilliams
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to append the date | abcddate.txt to the first line of my txt file

I want to add/append the info in the following format to my.txt file. 20130702|abcd20130702.txt FN|SN|DOB I tried the below script but it throws me some exceptions. <#!/bin/sh dt = date '+%y%m%d'members; echo $dt+|+members+$dt; /usr/bin/awk -f BEGIN { FS="|"; OFS="|"; } { print... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: harik1982
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Write pid and command name to a txt file while executing a bash script

Hi All, Just have a requirement, I am executing a bash shell script, my requirement is to catch the pid and job name to a txt file in the same directory, is there anyway to do it? please help me out. Regards Rahul ---------- Post updated at 08:42 AM ---------- Previous update was at... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahulkalra9
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Split Every Line In Txt Into Separate Txt File, Named Same As The Line

Hi All Is there a way to export every line into new txt file where by the title of each txt output are same as the line ? I have this txt files containing names: Kandra Vanhooser Rhona Menefee Reynaldo Hutt Houston Rafferty Charmaine Lord Albertine Poucher Juana Maes Mitch Lobel... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nexeu
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract the filename and write to .txt

I'm new to this forum and also to UNIX scripting. I need a command to extract the filename from the path and write to .txt file. Thanks in advance for your guidance. (23 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ram Kumar_BE
23 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangFam - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangFam; $lext = code2langfam('apa'); # $lext gets 'Apache languages' $code = langfam2code('Apache languages'); # $code gets 'apa' @codes = all_langfam_codes(); @names = all_langfam_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangFam" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language families, such as those as defined in ISO 639-5. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 639-5 language family codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language families. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langfam('apa','alpha'); $lext = code2langfam('apa',LOCALE_LANGFAM_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from ISO 639-5 such as 'apa' for Apache languages. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langfam2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langfam_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langfam_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langfam_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-5/id.php ISO 639-5 . AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2012 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.2 2012-10-11 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)