Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Image a hd
Special Forums Hardware Image a hd Post 302473967 by Corona688 on Tuesday 23rd of November 2010 01:23:39 AM
Old 11-23-2010
for a damaged disk? Absolutely. ntfsclone is not meant to deal with damaged disks, and will refuse to do so even if the partition was just shutdown uncleanly, let alone damaged. You can force it to do so with --rescue and --force, but I'd only do so if there's nothing you can recover from the dd-ed image.

Be sure to use dd with conv=noerror,sync in case you get a read error in the middle, so the partition image doesn't shrink and zero-fills where necessary instead.

---------- Post updated at 12:23 AM ---------- Previous update was at 12:18 AM ----------

You might also want to look into magicrescue, which can recover at least lots of partial files from a damaged disk/partition by scanning for file signiatures.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

jpg image

Hello I would like to see an jpeg image with aix. It is possible ? how can i do ? thank you (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pascalbout
4 Replies

2. Solaris

Can you image solaris 9, like you can image a windows machine with ghost? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: csaunders
1 Replies

3. HP-UX

Image My Drive

After a month of searching I've been completely unable to find replacment 10.20 install media. Would anyone be willing to image my drive for me with a fresh install of 10.20? I'd pay for shipping etc. of course. Mine is a 712/80 Thanks in advance. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ErikTheHAck
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Create an Ignite image on tape from Online IgniteUX image

Hi, (HP-UX 11.11) I need to create a tape image of an igniteUX image created on our igniteUX server. That is to say. I have a "Online" image of the igniteUX of the targeted system but I now need to copy it to a useable TAPE (igniteUX) image so i can build an other server from it that is not... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Andrek
3 Replies

5. Solaris

Image from harddisk

Can i take image from all data in SCSI hard-disk which work in foxboro workstation and extract it again on another hard disk ?:b: thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hatemeid
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Image software

Hi!!! Does anyone know a unix program called "image"? If yes can you tell me if and from where I can get it? Thnx a lot!!! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: JimmyC530
1 Replies

7. HP-UX

Newb Help, need to image one HD to another

Hello, I am totally new to Unix We have a piece of test equipment, three of them actually, that run HP-UX 9.0 from like 1994. We had backup tapes with procedures to load the OS and our test software, but the 16-track tapes are corrupt now. HP will not support it, they dont have it anymore,... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Newball80
11 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

matching image files to create one image

Hi, I have two sets of image files. Both sets have names A to Z but set 1 ends with .cdt.png and set 2 ends with .matrix.png. I want set 1 to match with set 2 if the names match (i.e. A.cdt.png will match with A.matrix.png) and with the convert image tool (program for images), it will merge the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kylle345
6 Replies

9. Solaris

Copy image on Server-1 and Restores image on Server-2

Hi, I have done Copy image and Restores back on Windows. I have two solaris servers, one contains Solaris OS and Applications on Server-1. Want i required is want to copy image of Server-1 and restores the copied image on Server-2. First of all, is it possibile in Solaris. If it is then... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarshads
4 Replies
dximageview(1X) 														   dximageview(1X)

NAME
dximageview - Image Viewer for displaying graphics files SYNOPSIS
/usr/bin/X11/dximageview [options] [filename...] OPTIONS
The command line options are as follows: Used with the -root or -rootMode options to cause the Image Viewer to exit after displaying the image to the root window. The name of a file containing a list of files to read. The file should contain one file name per line. Dis- plays the command syntax. The number of seconds to display each image in auto play mode. Do not repeat the sequence of images in auto play mode. Controls how the image is displayed to the root window. Valid options are: Scales the image to fill the root window. Centers the image. Centers the image in the window while preserving the image aspect ratio. Tiles the image with the image centered in the win- dow. Tiles the image with the image located in the top left corner of the window. Equivalent to -rootMode centerMaximumSize. DESCRIPTION
The Image Viewer application, dximageview, allows the user to view graphics files. The supported image types are GIF, JPEG, TIFF, and X Pixmap (XPM). RUNNING THE GRAPHICAL USER INTERFACE
To start dximageview, do one of the following: Click on the Image Viewer icon in the CDE Application Manager. Double click on an icon for a JPEG, GIF, or TIFF file in the CDE File Manager. Drag and drop an icon from the CDE File Manager onto the Image Viewer icon. If the icon represents a supported image type, the application is opened with the subject file as the image displayed in the Image View Window. Invoke the following command from a terminal window: /usr/bin/X11/dximageview EXAMPLES
To start the application, enter the following at the command line: /usr/bin/X11/dximageview FILES
SEE ALSO
Commands: dticon(1) dximageview(1X)