Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users compile a c program in a encrypted way Post 302473962 by arizah on Tuesday 23rd of November 2010 12:51:38 AM
Old 11-23-2010
Hi Guys,

thanks. So I should be looking at makekey , keylogin and other commands to make this more robust. thanks again.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

how to compile a program

how do i go about compiling a simple hello world script in mandrake linux? this is something i have had no luck in finding on the main site, please help? thank you (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: CmpKillr
2 Replies

2. Programming

How to compile a c program by using gcc

Hi all, Yeasterday I try to compile c program by using cygwin. I just find an errors the fist one is concerinig about the end of the line. To summit my Assignment which is the day after tommorow I have to compile my c program by using just gcc. If any one know what do I have to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bell
5 Replies

3. Programming

how to compile a program statically

how can i do static compilation in cc and -lldap i have system defined and user defined header file. Can any one suggest any site where from i can get some information about static and dynamic compilation. Thankx (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bhakti
1 Replies

4. BSD

How to compile a c program in freeBSD

Hi , I have freeBSD installed. I need to compile a c program which has embedded informix sql statement in it. Can you please help me to to do the same. I need to know what I should I do to make BSD compatable to compile the c program ? Thanks in advance Jisha (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jisha
3 Replies

5. Programming

Compile and Run C Program on Solaris

Hello Guys, I am using Solaris Developer Express Edition 9/07, I am a beginner. Please tell me how to compile and execute a C program. Please give me your answers clearly, for the compilers cc,c89,c99. I not getting the answer anywhere. Please....... reply to me. Advance thanks......... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: selva_ss
0 Replies

6. Programming

compile a c program

I am trying to compile a c program on AIX 5.3L 64-bit unix. I have used this program in the past and it works. Does anybody know what this error means? /usr/local/bin> gcc get_epoch_secs.c get_epoch_secs gcc: get_epoch_secs: No such file or directory get_epoch_secs.c: In function... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: djehresmann
8 Replies

7. Solaris

How do I compile a 64-bit program on SPARC??

Hi, wcslen(), strlen() returns size_t. On 64-bit platform i want to use int like str length is 10. int len = wcslen(str); On 64-bit what should I need to do if i wants the length in int. Because getting error as "Conversion of 64 bit type value to "int" causes truncation". if i... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: amit_27
17 Replies

8. Programming

Can someone compile and run a program on AIX 6.1 please?

Hi, I have a program which collects performance data from AIX. It works fine on older releases (< 5.3) but I fail to get data from /proc. I would really appreciate it if someone could compile (using ANSI compat C compiler), run the program (for 30-40 minutes) on AIX 6.1 and send me the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: StuBob
2 Replies

9. Programming

Not able to compile C program on z/OS (USS)

Hi, I having an issue while compiling a C program in USS (z/OS) machine. I was able to create objest files (.o) from source (.c) files but when I try to create a binary file from the object files I am getting the below error. $ cc util.o sock.o app.o -lnsl -o ptf FSUM3067 The archive... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: madhu84
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

java compile and run program help

What is the trick to get a java program to run and compile? I can't even get a basic skeleton to run and compile. What packages do I need? I figured the java-gcj and gcc-java packages was enough. Do I need any other packages? I thought I had to do this and it would work but its not. javac... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cokedude
1 Replies
keylogin(1)							   User Commands						       keylogin(1)

NAME
keylogin - decrypt and store secret key with keyserv SYNOPSIS
/usr/bin/keylogin [-r] DESCRIPTION
The keylogin command prompts for a password, and uses it to decrypt the user's secret key. The key may be found in the /etc/publickey file (see publickey(4)) or the NIS map ``publickey.byname'' or the NIS+ table ``cred.org_dir'' in the user's home domain. The sources and their lookup order are specified in the /etc/nsswitch.conf file. See nsswitch.conf(4). Once decrypted, the user's secret key is stored by the local key server process, keyserv(1M). This stored key is used when issuing requests to any secure RPC services, such as NFS or NIS+. The program keylogout(1) can be used to delete the key stored by keyserv . keylogin will fail if it cannot get the caller's key, or the password given is incorrect. For a new user or host, a new key can be added using newkey(1M), nisaddcred(1M), or nisclient(1M). If multiple authentication mechanisms are configured for the system, each of the configured mechanism's secret key will be decrypted and stored by keyserv(1M). See nisauthconf(1M) for information on configuring multiple authentication mechanisms. OPTIONS
-r Update the /etc/.rootkey file. This file holds the unencrypted secret key of the superuser. Only the superuser may use this option. It is used so that processes running as superuser can issue authenticated requests without requiring that the administra- tor explicitly run keylogin as superuser at system startup time. See keyserv(1M). The -r option should be used by the administra- tor when the host's entry in the publickey database has changed, and the /etc/.rootkey file has become out-of-date with respect to the actual key pair stored in the publickey database. The permissions on the /etc/.rootkey file are such that it may be read and written by the superuser but by no other user on the system. If multiple authentication mechanisms are configured for the system, each of the configured mechanism's secret keys will be stored in the /etc/.rootkey file. FILES
/etc/.rootkey superuser's secret key ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
chkey(1), keylogout(1), login(1), keyserv(1M), newkey(1M), nisaddcred(1M), nisauthconf(1M), nisclient(1M), nsswitch.conf(4), publickey(4), attributes(5) NOTES
NIS+ might not be supported in future releases of the SolarisTM Operating Environment. Tools to aid the migration from NIS+ to LDAP are available in the Solaris 9 operating environment. For more information, visit http://www.sun.com/directory/nisplus/transition.html. SunOS 5.10 10 Dec 2001 keylogin(1)