Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Mach IPC
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Mach IPC Post 302473879 by neur0n on Monday 22nd of November 2010 05:45:07 PM
Old 11-22-2010
The name of the tutorial is "Mach kernel principles" which deals with the Mach 3 kernel

http://www.shakthimaan.com/downloads...principles.pdf

Last edited by neur0n; 11-24-2010 at 01:33 PM..

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Ipc

I have a parent that is passing data to child A and then child A has to process it and pass to child B. I am able to pass the data to child A but am not able to pass it to child B. Child B seems to only be receiving the last data instead of the whole data. I saw one example in a book but it uses... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: scmay
1 Replies

2. Programming

state mach{ne...

hi, I am looking for some info on how can we implement state machines. Conceptually it appears to be good but while implementing it causes lot of confusion.. I have some doubts regarding this concept. (my explanation may look wired, as I am also not clear on this front) The commonly... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: parasa
2 Replies

3. Programming

[C] Problem with IPC

Hi! I'm trying to write this program: in my intentions it should get a message and send it to a second process (pid_upost), then to a third process (pid1, pid2, pid3, depending on the choice made when a new message is inserted). This program should write the message in a file (message1, message2 or... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Kaminski
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Compiling Mach 3.0 Kernel

Hi, I am very new to this. I would like to compile the Mach 3.0 kernel. Can someone explain, step-by-step, how to turn all the Mach 3.0 kernel code into a single binary file that will run directly on an x86 computer? Also, once (and if) I get it working, what software works on it? My goal is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dublinus
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help to mach "usb" exactly with sed or awk

HI experts I updated my question here to eg: $cat file ABC: abc ABC FDFD USB: usb usb_name usb_disk usbdriver USB PA: PA pa paa I want to how many usb exactly matched(not match usb_name or usbdriver) in the line cotains"USB:" thanks in advance (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: yanglei_fage
19 Replies

6. Solaris

errors on Netra-440: "IPC Warning: ipc: tcp_protocol: bad magic number"

I was asked to look into a problem with a Sun Netra 440 in another department. On the server in question, the relevant 'uname -a' information is, "SunOS host1 5.9 Generic_118558-16 sun4u sparc SUNW,Netra-440". That information aside, while the other admin is logged into the ALOM, these errors are... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Borealis
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mach drivers

hello everyone, can anyone tell me what drivers the Mach kernel works with. I'm thinking about experimenting with the Mach kernel, and yes I know there are other kernels that are easier to work with but I just want to use the Mach kernel. So with that being said, can the Mach kernel work with... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: neur0n
11 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

egrep line with perfect mach

Hi Input File A L006 AL01 0 (OCK) L006 A006 0 (OCK) L011 AR11 1 (NLOCK) Input File B L006 AL01 0 (OCK) L006 A006 0 (OCK) Need Egrep Command for perfect Match Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: asavaliya
4 Replies
purple-url-handler(1)						   User Commands					     purple-url-handler(1)

NAME
purple-url-handler - Python script to handle URL with purple SYNOPSIS
purple-url-handler [-URL] DESCRIPTION
Python script to handle URL with purple. OPTIONS
Usage: purple-url-handler URL Example: purple-url-handler "xmpp:romeo@montague.net?message" ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWgnome-im-client | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |Volatile | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
purple-remote(1), purple-send(1), purple-send-async(1), attributes(5) purple-url-handler Manual, http://pidgin.im/ NOTES
Updated by Lei Ju, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2006, 2007. SunOS 5.11 02 Apr 2008 purple-url-handler(1)