Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Pipe error
Top Forums Programming Pipe error Post 302473873 by beandj on Monday 22nd of November 2010 05:12:41 PM
Old 11-22-2010
i read this...

have another ways to do?!

2 pipes
father read... send to child... and child print in child.txt (a pair line)
after child read... send to father... and father print in father.txt ( a odd line)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

broken pipe error

Hi, I am working on AIX 5.3 . I have client-server program which is in ProC.while sending packet to server i am getting error as broken pipe and program exiting. please help?/? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ajaysahoo
1 Replies

2. Programming

gzip on pipe error handling

Hi all... I have the following code: FILE *fp = popen(" gzip -dc /somemount/somefile.gz", "r"); while(fgets(buffer, 1024, fp)) { some code.... } "/somemount" is a mount of some network drive. Sometimes error occurs in while loop - I can see the following "Input/Output error"... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: adm1n
4 Replies

3. Programming

Broken Pipe error

All, I am using the below code The C code : if ((fp2=fopen(szout_fname,"r"))==NULL) { sprintf(stream_ptr1,"cat %s | sort -t, -rn -k 11,11 | awk -F\",\" '{ \ if ( \$3 ==\"%s\" ) {print... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunkumar_mca
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

echo: write error: Broken pipe ??

I want to try the unix pipe, the command is like this: echo new | find . the standard output of the echo should be "new", then I guess find command will use this output as input to find the file named "new". But the output is all the file names in my current dir, the last line is "echo: write... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: andrewust
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Broken Pipe error

Hello while doing sftp over server "A" , i am getting a broken pipe error i.e cat: write error: Broken pipe what does that mean? please let me know if you want any other info on this.. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: urfrnddpk
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

broken pipe error

I'm new to scripting, and this forum has been invaluable in helping me out. I'm hoping I can get some personal help now though. I have a korn script that takes a list of servers and either telnets or sshs into it (only some are set up for ssh). What I'm doing now is trying to telnet first, and... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: aimeet
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pipe causing last command error to not function

Hi I am quite new to scripting and cannot work out how to do the following - I want to pipe to a log file and then use the "last statement error" in an if statement after, and this doesn't work because it checks the pipe statement instead of the script. Example: executteTheScript $var |... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: erjorgito
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Capture error before pipe

Hi, I have a script that runs a tar command to standard out then pipes to a gzip: tar cfE - * | gzip -c > OUT.gz At the moment, even if the tar fails (e.g. because of lack of disk space), the gzip still runs successfully. Is there a way to make the whole line exit with a non-zero error... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Catullus
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pipe, permission denied error

Hello, I am trying to stream lines written into file. When first source is down, I expect the code to swap to second line and run it. Script below works as usual and it prints out each line of the input file (s.txt): #!/bin/bash while read -r line; do echo "$line" done <"$1" exit 0Output... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: baris35
12 Replies

10. Programming

Pipe usage error while visiting directories

To begin with FYI, I really struggled with the question before asking to simplify as much as I can around 1 hour and to increase the code's readability I neglect error checks. I intend to communicate parent and child using PIPE. In the following program I do traverse given path and its... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: beginnerboy
2 Replies
HASHSTASH(3)						 libbash hashstash Library Manual					      HASHSTASH(3)

NAME
hashstash -- libbash library that implements hash data structure SYNOPSIS
hashSet <Value> <Key> <HashName> [SubHashName [...]] $retval hashGet <Key> <HashName> [SubHashName [...]] $retval hashKeys <HashName> [SubHashName [...]] hashRemove <Key> <HashName> [SubHashName [...]] hashDelete <HashName> [SubHashName [...]] DESCRIPTION
General hashstash is a collection of functions that implement basic hash data-structure in bash scripting language. The function list: hashSet Adds a value to the hash hashGet Returns a value from the hash hashKeys Returns a list of keys of the hash hashRemove Removes a key from the hash hashDelete Deletes a hash Detailed interface description follows. FUNCTIONS DESCRIPTIONS
hashSet <Value> <Key> <Hashname> [SubHashName [...]] Adds a value to the hash. Parameters: <Value> The value to set in HashName[Key]. <Key> The key for the value Value. <HashName> [SubHashName [...]] A string that contains the name of the hash. If the hash is a sub hash of another hash, the "father hash" name MUST BE WRITTEN FIRST, followed by the sub-hash name. Value will be the value of the key Key in the hash HashName. For example if you have (or want to define) hash C, which is subhash of hash B, which is subhash of hash A, and C has a key named ckey1 with value cval1, then you should use: hashSet cval1 ckey1 A B C $retval hashGet <Key> <HashName> [SubHashName [...]] Returns the value of Key in HashName to the $retval variable. Parameters: <Key> The key that hold the value we wish to get. <HashName> [SubHashName [...]] A string that contains the name of the hash. If the hash is a sub hash of another hash, the "father hash" name MUST BE WRITTEN FIRST, followed by the sub-hash name. Return Value: The value of the key Key in the hash HashName. The value is returned in the variable $retval. $retval hashKeys <HashName> [SubHashName [...]] Returns a list of keys of the hash HashName in the variable $retval. Parameters: <HashName> [SubHashName [...]] A string that contains the name of the hash. If the hash is a sub hash of another hash, the "father hash" name MUST BE WRITTEN FIRST, followed by the sub-hash name. Return Value: The value of the key Key in the hash HashName. The value is returned in the variable $retval. hashRemove <Key> <HashName> [SubHashName [...]] Removes the key Key from the hash HashName. <Key> The key we wish to remove from HashName. <HashName> [SubHashName [...]] A string that contains the name of the hash. If the hash is a sub hash of another hash, the "father hash" name MUST BE WRITTEN FIRST, followed by the sub-hash name. This function should also be used to remove a sub-hash from its "father hash". In that case, the key will be the name of the sub-hash. hashDelete <HashName> [SubHashName [...]] Deletes the hash HashName [SubHashName [...]]. Parameters: <HashName> [SubHashName [...]] A string that contains the name of the hash. If the hash is a sub hash of another hash, the "father hash" name MUST BE WRITTEN FIRST, followed by the sub-hash name. If this function is used on a sub-hash, a key with the name of the sub-hash will remain in its "father hash" and will hold a NULL value. BUGS
A hash name can only contain characters that are valid as part of bash variable names (i.e. a-zA-Z0-9_). The same applies for hash keys. As for now, there is no way of knowing if a key represents a value or a sub-hash. If a sub-hash will be used as a key, the returned value will be its keys list. EXAMPLES
Define hash table hashA with key Akey1 with value Aval1 use: % hashSet Aval1 Akey1 Ahash Now: % hashGet Akey1 Ahash % echo $retval Aval1 % hashKeys Ahash % echo $retval Akey1 % HISTORY
The idea to write hashstash library appeared when we've discovered the full power of the bash eval function. As of the name hashstash, it has two meanings. The first, it means 'stash' of hash functions. The second is, that hashstash contains sub- hashes inside, so it looks like stash of packed information. AUTHORS
Hai Zaar <haizaar@haizaar.com> Gil Ran <gil@ran4.net> SEE ALSO
ldbash(1), libbash(1) Linux Epoch Linux