Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Structure as global variable
Top Forums Programming Structure as global variable Post 302473840 by JohnGraham on Monday 22nd of November 2010 02:38:25 PM
Old 11-22-2010
You'd define the type of the struct in the header file, and declare (but not define) MEM_IO_PTRS in the header using extern:

Code:
/* in header file */

struct mem_ptrs
{
    ... /* members */
};

extern struct mem_ptrs MEM_IO_PTRS[10];

And then in one of your C files you'd define MEM_IO_PTRS:

Code:
/* in source file */

struct mem_ptrs MEM_IO_PTRS[10];

This User Gave Thanks to JohnGraham For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Global Variable in awk...

i think..... it's possible use a variable out a awk in the awk ??? ex. A=20071225 awk '{ print "the value is" $a }' OR awk '{ print "........"; c=10; print $c ; c=$A ; print $A}' for a external variable is possbile use in the awk ??? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ZINGARO
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Global Variable in a script?

How to create a Global variable within a script file. say i want a varaible called LOGFILE to be used within all the script. how to do that? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: skyineyes
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

global variable in awk

I wrote a awk script file and define some global variables after BEGIN option: BEGIN { cell = ""; alarm = "";} when i run the command: awk -f awk_script inputfile The results are as expected. But when I put awk script into a shell script. Global variables couldn't be understand. I don't... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anhtt
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Global variable

I have written a shell scritp in which i am using a variable which is declared before a while loop and i am updaitng the variable in while loop and want to use its updated value outside the loop. I am not able to do so, b'coz the scope of the variable is limited to the while loop only and when i am... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: deepanshu
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

global variable not holding its value?

dear there, this kept me awake last night, the variable ${TO} in the following script doesn't seem to hold its value. I have a file ./filelist, which lists all files of interests. I group them by keywords in the filename, and would like to count total number of lines in each group. ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: patiobarbecue
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with Global Variable

Hi Guyz, I have a requirement like, i have to run a script every hour to count the number of errors encountered. At the end of the day, i need to send them the total number of errors, that have ocurred the entire day. For eg. if 10 errors occurred for starting 1 hr, 5 for next 1 hr, so on.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: DTechBuddy
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Global variable value

Hi All, Im new to shell scripting. I am running EgA.sh and setting one global variable XYZ=0 . Also calling another EgB.sh from EgA.sh, changing the value of XYZ=10 but after executing EgB.sh, value of XYZ is still 0. Im expecting it to be 10. Anyone for help. Thanks in Advance. :) (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: paliwal
5 Replies

8. Programming

sem_t variable in a C structure????

Hi friends, I hope you guys are doing well. I am facing this problem, hope you can help me with it. I am trying to create a semaphore inside a structure. The idea is that I am creating a shared memory space between two processes. The reason for a semaphore is that I want some kind of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gabam
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Global Variable

Hi, I have created a variable say today at the begin having 123 as its value and inside a for loop it gets resolved to some value say 150 in its first iteration. How can I use this value 150 ( 1st iteration's ) outside the scope of for loop ?. In the same way I wanted to use all iteration's... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: penqueen
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Question around Global Variable

Hi, I am using Linux and sh shell count=7 find * -prune -type d | sort -r -n | ( while read d; do if ; then echo "FOUND COUNTER1 is: $count" break 2; fi done echo "FOUND COUNTER2 is: $count" ) if ; then echo "Problem: Multiple or NO records...Please CHECK !!" fi Output: ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
4 Replies
GETSECTBYNAME(3)					     Library Functions Manual						  GETSECTBYNAME(3)

NAME
getsectbyname, getsectdata - get the section information for the named section SYNOPSIS
#include <mach-o/getsect.h> const struct section *getsectbynamefromheader( const struct mach_header *mhp, const char *segname, const char *sectname) const struct section *getsectbyname( const char *segname, const char *sectname) char *getsectdatafromheader( const struct mach_header *mhp, const char *segname, const char *sectname, unsigned long *size) char *getsectdata( const char *segname, const char *sectname, unsigned long *size) char *getsectdatafromFramework( const char *FrameworkName, const char *segname, const char *sectname, unsigned long *size) DESCRIPTION
Getsectbynamefromheader returns the section structure for the named section in the named segment if it exists in the specified Mach header otherwise it returns NULL. If the specified Mach header comes from a dynamic library as returned by _dyld_get_image_header(3) the addr field in the section structure will have to have _dyld_get_image_vmaddr_slide(3) added to it to make it a valid pointer. Getsectbyname is the same as getsectbynamefromheader with its first argument being the link editor defined symbol _mh_execute_header. Getsectdatafromheader returns the address to the data for the named section in the named segment if it exists in the specified Mach header. Also it returns the size of the section data indirectly through the pointer size. Otherwise it returns NULL for the pointer and zero for the size. If the specified Mach header comes from a dynamic library as returned by _dyld_get_image_header(3) the address to the data returned will have to have _dyld_get_image_vmaddr_slide(3) added to it to make it a valid pointer. Getsectdata is the same as getsectdatafromheader with its first argument being the link editor defined symbol _mh_execute_header. getsectdatafromFramework is used to get the named section data from the named Framework. For example, the framework name ``Appkit'' would be used for /System/Library/Frameworks/Appkit.framework/Versions/C/Appkit. If that Framework isn't being used by the program then it returns NULL for the pointer and zero for the size. SEE ALSO
dyld(3), getsegbyname(3) Apple Computer, Inc. April 10, 1998 GETSECTBYNAME(3)