Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Restrict FTP User to a Directory Post 302473773 by fahdmirza on Monday 22nd of November 2010 10:57:16 AM
Old 11-22-2010
I gave 755 rights on the /u01,and it works.

Details are at Pakistan's First Oracle Blog.

---------- Post updated at 08:57 PM ---------- Previous update was at 08:48 PM ----------

Here is the full link to detail:

Pakistan's First Oracle Blog: Restrict FTP User to a Directory in Solaris

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Specifying FTP user Home Directory

Hi, I am running Solaris 10 and I am using the ftp server that comes with it. I would like to specify a specific directory as ftp user's home directory. For example, if "ftpuserx" ftps into my solaris machine, they will automatically be taken to "/space/web" directory, even though there... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: annointed3
0 Replies

2. Solaris

lock user to directory in ftp

how can i lock a specific user to his home directory when he logs on to the computer with ftp? thanx! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: eliraza6
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Restrict FTP access to a single directory for only one user.

Hi All, It will be very great if you can help me in this issue. Thanks in advance. I need to enable FTP on a solaris9 server. I need to create a new user some "xxxxxx" and he can only FTP the files to and from between /tftpboot directory and network devices. Other users should not... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: santhoshkumar_d
8 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how do U restrict a user to a single directory?

specifically - I don't need to restrict a user to a single directory - but I want them to be "ROOTED" to their home directory. so if my home directory is /home/onlyme when I login - if I do a pwd - I want to see: / but in real life I will be in /home/onlyme - it just appears as root to... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: itobenon
10 Replies

5. Solaris

when FTP user will go to specific directory

Hi experts, I have a user "bingo" in my sunsolaris 9. # /etc/passwd bingo:x:513:1::/export/home/bingo:/bin/bash when anyone Telnet to this user it goes to his home directory /export/home/bingo But now i want- when someone FTP to this user "bingo" it will NOT go to his home dir. Rather it... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: thepurple
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

restrict one user to see only his home directory in his profile

Hi I need to restrict one user to see only his home directory and one more directory how i can do this in his profile. The OS is Red hat linux I create a user -- tec and group calle --tec one the user log in he will see /home/tec and he need to see /opt/load this dirctory... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: aboorkuma
6 Replies

7. Red Hat

Restrict user to a particular directory

Hi I have a Fedora10 server and i need a particular user to view files only in a particular folder. All other files in other folders having "read" permission for all shouldn't be accessible to this user. Please let me know if ther's a way. Thanks, HG (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hari_Ganesh
5 Replies

8. Solaris

How to restrict user to a specific directory in solaris 10

Hi all, I want to create a new user and grant him ONLY transfer files access to a specific directory where he can only upload and read the files. He should be restricted to this activity only. Regards (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gilldn
6 Replies

9. AIX

How to restrict user to a particular directory?

hi, I want to restrict some user access to only 1 directory (including all sub-directories/files in it). can you please explain me, how can we do this? example; Filesystem GB blocks Used Free %Used Mounted on /dev/hd4 2.61 1.02 1.59 40% / /dev/hd2 ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: aaron8667
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Is there a way to restrict a user (owner) to execute scripts from a specific directory

Hello, I have a user Bob on a RHEL 7 server1. Where his script area is "/home/Bob/scripts/" and he is the owner for this directory. On the server1, there is a NFS mount from another server2, with path as "/global/work/" and Bob is the owner for this directory too in server2. (Same UID and GID... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: karumudi7
5 Replies
ftp(4)								   File Formats 							    ftp(4)

NAME
ftp - FTP client configuration file SYNOPSIS
/etc/default/ftp DESCRIPTION
Use the ftp file to configure the behavior of the FTP client. Lines that begin with a hash symbol ("# ") are treated as comment lines and are ignored. Behavior Directives The ftp file supports the following behavior directives: FTP_LS_SENDS_NLST=yes | no The ls command of the ftp client sends an NLST to the FTP Server by default. Several non-Solaris clients send LIST instead. In order to make the Solaris ftp client send LIST when the ls command is issued, set FTP_LS_SENDS_NLST to no. The value of FTP_LS_SENDS_NLST is yes by default. If the user sets a value for FTP_LS_SENDS_NLST in the user's environment, this value will override any FTP_LS_SENDS_NLST directive that is specified in /etc/default/ftp. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWbipr | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
ftp(1), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 22 Oct 2002 ftp(4)