Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting PHP populate variable with function Post 302473618 by nitin on Sunday 21st of November 2010 08:03:55 PM
Old 11-21-2010
Hi,
I figured that my syntax was not entirely correct. Now I can display the entire link as text.
PHP Code:
echo "http://mystie.cc/",$createFile->GetFileName(),"<br />\n"
The comma before and after the function was needed. Smilie
Next step is to make this thing text as a click-able link. But that's another story.

Nitin

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

populate variable from remote result

Hi there i am trying to pass the result of a remote command into a variable into my script ie #!/bin/sh var = `ssh remote_box 'uname'` echo $var but all i get back is ./script.sh: var: not found However when i add a -x to put it into diag mode i get the following + ssh... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hcclnoodles
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

passing a variable inside a variable to a function

I would like to know how to pass a variable inside a variable to a function. sample code below -------------- for x in 1 9 do check_null $C$x ##call function to check if the value is null if then echo "line number:$var_cnt,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: KingVikram
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing global variable to a function which is called by another function

Hi , I have three funcions f1, f2 and f3 . f1 calls f2 and f2 calls f3 . I have a global variable "period" which i want to pass to f3 . Can i pass the variable directly in the definition of f3 ? Pls help . sars (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sars
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

running command remotely to populate local variable

If I run this # ssh remote-server 'du -sk /usr/platform/`uname -i`/' 174 /usr/platform/SUNW,Sun-Fire-V245 I get my output just fine, However, if i try to do the same but populate a local variable within my script called for example 'result' #!/bin/ksh result=`ssh remote-server... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hcclnoodles
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

populate specified value in csv

Hi, I've requirement of populating two blank column ( 4rth and 6th ) in a csv file with specified value for all the rows having value within the first colmn. I know it can be done with sed, as given in the below command, but i am not sure how pull blank value or specify target column etc or... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: john_prince
11 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

populate a bash variable from an awk operation

Hi, I'm trying to populate bash script variable, data_size with the size of the largest file in my current directory data_size=$(ls -lS | grep -v "total" | head -1) | awk '{ print $5 }' I've tried adding an echo before the call to awk data_size=$(ls -l | grep -v "total" | head -1) |... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mark_s_g
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pass a function with a variable parameter into another variable?

Hello again :) Am currently trying to write a function which will delete a record from a file. The code currently looks as such: function deleteRecord() { clear read -p "Please enter the ID of the record you wish to remove: " strID ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: U_C_Dispatj
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing variable value in a function to be used by another function

Hello All, I would like to ask help from you on how to pass variable value from a function that has been called inside the function. I have created below and put the variables in " ". Is there another way I can do this? Thank you in advance. readtasklist() { while read -r mod ver... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aderamos12
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pass variable from one function to another function?

updateEnvironmentField() { linewithoutquotes=`echo $LINE | tr -d '"'` b() } I want to pass variable named $linewithoutquotes to another method called b(), which is called from updateEnvironmentField() method. How to do the above requirement with shell script (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pottic
1 Replies
IGNORE_USER_ABORT(3)							 1						      IGNORE_USER_ABORT(3)

ignore_user_abort - Set whether a client disconnect should abort script execution

SYNOPSIS
int ignore_user_abort ([string $value]) DESCRIPTION
Sets whether a client disconnect should cause a script to be aborted. When running PHP as a command line script, and the script's tty goes away without the script being terminated then the script will die the next time it tries to write anything, unless $value is set to TRUE PARAMETERS
o $value - If set, this function will set the ignore_user_abort ini setting to the given $value. If not, this function will only return the previous setting without changing it. RETURN VALUES
Returns the previous setting, as an integer. EXAMPLES
Example #1 A ignore_user_abort(3) example <?php // Ignore user aborts and allow the script // to run forever ignore_user_abort(true); set_time_limit(0); echo 'Testing connection handling in PHP'; // Run a pointless loop that sometime // hopefully will make us click away from // page or click the "Stop" button. while(1) { // Did the connection fail? if(connection_status() != CONNECTION_NORMAL) { break; } // Sleep for 10 seconds sleep(10); } // If this is reached, then the 'break' // was triggered from inside the while loop // So here we can log, or perform any other tasks // we need without actually being dependent on the // browser. ?> NOTES
PHP will not detect that the user has aborted the connection until an attempt is made to send information to the client. Simply using an echo statement does not guarantee that information is sent, see flush(3). SEE ALSO
connection_aborted(3), connection_status(3), Connection Handling for a complete description of connection handling in PHP. . PHP Documentation Group IGNORE_USER_ABORT(3)