Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Learning Perl
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Learning Perl Post 302473505 by huko99 on Saturday 20th of November 2010 07:38:23 PM
Old 11-20-2010
Learning Perl

Folks! Anyone please explain the behavior of this program step by step. Thanks.
Code:
#! /usr/bin/perl
$testfile = "./testfile2";
for ( $i = 1, $i <= 5, $i++) {
  open ($FILE, ">", $testfile);
  print ($FILE "Output 1 \n");
  close ($FILE);
}
print "The value of (4 * 2) / 2 is ";
print (4 * 2) / 2;
print ("\Output 2 \n");

Last edited by Scott; 11-21-2010 at 07:03 AM.. Reason: Code tags, please...

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

learning on my own

can i do this? i am learning this on my own..and from the book..simple unix i am not sure if the syntax would work if statement then statement do or for or while statement done else statement fi.... I dont know how else to explain that...I hope I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jonas27
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Learning CGI using Perl

hi everyone, i am learning CGI using Perl, but i am having problem to compile and run the scripts. the thing is that, when i want to compile my scripts i have to get connected to the internet and have to upload the scripts to a server and then only i can compile and run my scripts. so, can... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shifan
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Learning Perl 3rd Edition

Does anyone know where I might be able to download the exercises from the learning perl 3rd edition book. Any URL's would be valuable! Thanks:confused: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bilal_aa
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Pls guide me in learning in Perl Module and packages

Hi, It is very urgent. Pls guide me in learning Perl Module and the Packages. Eventhough i tried in the google, I didnt get upto my expectations. Pls guide me how to create , build Module and the package. Many Thanks. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Yamini Thoppen
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Good learning perl Book

Can anyone suggest a good pearl book?:) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nygenka
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

learning unix

Hi, i have started to learn unix (on and off for the past few months) and am wishing to move into that area in the administration field of it. I have been working in the help desk area (desktop support - windows based) for about 2.5 years and moved into a team leading role for 1 year in which i... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: donnieDarko
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

What do people think of the "Beginning Perl" book for learning Perl?

Seems like it's written out pretty well for a beginner to learn, any thoughts or recommendations for other books? I'd post the link but I can't do that yet. The book is called "Beginning Perl" by Simon Cozens (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: budfoxcat
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Should I focus efforts on learning Perl or develop skills in awk, sed, etc

Good afternoon, I am not trying to start a debate. Please don't take it that way. I'm not trying to make this a Perl versus Bash scripts thing. I have been writing shell scripts for several years. I am not 100%, but I seem to get the job done. I would like to start focusing on spending... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: brianjb
11 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

PERL-CGI learning

Hello All, I am actually learning PERL and more interested to learn CGI script too. Can any suggest a forum or weblink which is more helpful for a dummy CGI developer. Thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: posix
6 Replies
SLURMSTEPD(8)							 Slurm components						     SLURMSTEPD(8)

NAME
slurmstepd - The job step manager for SLURM. SYNOPSIS
slurmstepd DESCRIPTION
slurmstepd is a job step manager for SLURM. It is spawned by the slurmd daemon when a job step is launched and terminates when the job step does. It is responsible for managing input and output (stdin, stdout and stderr) for the job step along with its accounting and sig- nal processing. slurmstepd should not be initiated by users or system administrators. COPYING
Copyright (C) 2006 The Regents of the University of California. Produced at Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (cf, DISCLAIMER). CODE-OCEC-09-009. All rights reserved. This file is part of SLURM, a resource management program. For details, see <http://www.schedmd.com/slurmdocs/>. SLURM is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. SLURM is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. SEE ALSO
slurmd(8) slurmstepd 2.0 September 2006 SLURMSTEPD(8)