Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Read an ascii as cell-tabulated form Post 302473501 by Gery on Saturday 20th of November 2010 06:54:30 PM
Old 11-20-2010
It's a great piece of work, it's quite simple and very useful, amazing.

Have you installed the xtitlte application from the same web site? I tried but for some reasons I couldn't do it. I'm using cygwin.

Cheers,

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Changing Unix form to Microsoft Word form to be able to email it to someone.

Please someone I need information on how to change a Unix form/document into a microsoft word document in order to be emailed to another company. Please help ASAP. Thankyou :confused: (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cheraunm
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating a tabulated file from content of 2 or more files

Hi all I need specific fields from a file to be tabulated into a single file. I have a file with the following :- FIELD1 InfoA FIELD2 InfoB FILED3 InfoC FIELD1 InfoD FIELD2 InfoE FIELD3 InfoF The output... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jhansrod
2 Replies

3. HP-UX

how to read ascii file in HP-UX

Hello All, I need to read the data inside one file who's format is ascii text. I got the file format when I use file command on the file. file <filename> filename ascii text please help me on this. Thanks (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: gyanusoni
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

read in a file character by character - replace any unknown ASCII characters with spa

Can someone help me to write a script / command to read in a file, character by character, replace any unknown ASCII characters with space. then write out the file to a new filename/ Thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: raghav525
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to read one character form each line of the file?

Hi, Maybe this iscorrect forum for my question... I should read one character at a fixed position from each line of the file. So how ??? should be substituted in the code below: while read line ; do single_char=`???` echo "$single_char" done < $input_file OK...I did get an... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: arsii
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to read and append certain files form directory

Hi ,i have a question ,if I am in sertain directory and I have 4 files *.c how can I read and append this files in file backup.bac Thanks find ./ -name "*.csh" | wc -l (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lio123
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to read command line input and change it to some form

Hi, I want to write a small code in which script changes command line input to some form. Example script.sh a1 a2 a3 a4 ..... output should be "a1|a2|a3|....." Number of inputs in command line can be any variable (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raza Ali
2 Replies

8. Programming

How to read extended ASCII characters from stdin?

Hi, I want to read extended ASCII characters from keyboard using c language on unix/linux. How to read extended characters from keyboard or by copy-paste in terminal irrespective of locale set in the system. I want to read the input characters from keyboard, store it in an array or some local... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sanzee007
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert Hex to Ascii in a Ascii file

Hi All, I have an ascii file in which few columns are having hex values which i need to convert into ascii. Kindly suggest me what command can be used in unix shell scripting? Thanks in Advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: HemaV
2 Replies
UNLOG(1)						       AFS Command Reference							  UNLOG(1)

NAME
unlog - Discards all of the issuer's tokens SYNOPSIS
unlog [-cell <cell name>+] [-help] unlog [-c <cell name>+] [-h] DESCRIPTION
The unlog command by default discards all tokens that the issuer currently holds. To discard tokens for certain cells only, name them with the -cell argument. Since a token pertains to one client machine only, destroying tokens on one machine has no effect on tokens on another machine. CAUTIONS
Specifying one or more cell names can cause a brief authentication outage during which the issuer has no valid tokens in any cell. This is because the command actually discards all tokens and then restores the ones for cells not named by the -cell argument. The outage can sometimes interrupt the operation of jobs that require authentication. OPTIONS
-cell <cell name>+ Specifies each cell for to discard the token. If this argument is omitted, the Cache Manager discards all tokens. Provide the fully qualified domain name, or a shortened form, in which case successful resolution depends on the availability of a name resolution service (such as the Domain Name Service or a local host table) at the time the command is issued. -help Prints the online help for this command. All other valid options are ignored. EXAMPLES
The following command discards all tokens. % unlog The following command discards only the tokens for the "abc.com" and "stateu.edu" cells. % unlog -cell abc.com stateu PRIVILEGE REQUIRED
None SEE ALSO
klog(1), tokens(1) COPYRIGHT
IBM Corporation 2000. <http://www.ibm.com/> All Rights Reserved. This documentation is covered by the IBM Public License Version 1.0. It was converted from HTML to POD by software written by Chas Williams and Russ Allbery, based on work by Alf Wachsmann and Elizabeth Cassell. OpenAFS 2012-03-26 UNLOG(1)