Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Pine, Alpine and ELinks
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Pine, Alpine and ELinks Post 302473464 by saithesci on Saturday 20th of November 2010 11:39:49 AM
Old 11-20-2010
Data Pine, Alpine and ELinks

Hello. I'm running Mac OS X 10.5. I am completely new to UNIX and also to command line. I'm trying to setup an email client and a web browser.

Google told me Pine was a good idea for email, so I got Pine. I thought it would be like other email clients, like Thunderbird, so that I can use IMAP with my Gmail account. But it doesn't look like that. When I send messages, they are from <myname>@r074177.fna.swh.mhn.de.

1) How did I get that email address? Is it mine forever? Will it change if I move to another country?

2) I want to set up IMAP/POP my Gmail account on Pine. Is that possible?

3) I also downloaded Alpine. But I only got a file called 'alpine-bin.osx-10.5' with no extension. What should I do with that file?

4) I have also downloaded ELinks <http://elinks.or.cz/download.html> and I got a folder with lots of files and I don't know how to install..

Help me! Or are there tutorials on things like these?

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Alpine configuration questions...

I have just started using Alpine, and have a couple of config questions for my ISP POP3 account. Under "User Domain" I have put my "ISP.ca". However when I send out email, instead of showing my email address, it shows my "OSXUserAccount_nameISP.ca". No where in my settings do I see my User Account... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: larrinski
1 Replies

2. OS X (Apple)

Alpine 2 on Snow Leopard

I've just installed Alpine on Snow Leopard but can't seem to get a default spell checker configured for it. What happened to spell? I can't find it at all on 10.6, must have been some changes. Does anyone know about the default unix spell checker on SL? Thanks! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: platz
0 Replies

3. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Cannot logon using elinks

There are some computers in the firm that have no GUI, so I use elinks (ELinks - Full-Featured Text WWW Browser) to access the internet. However, logging onto the unix.com forums is not possible, because the page hangs at "Thank you for logging onto the forums, " There is also a line "Please click... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

squid&elinks config

Hi guys, I need to restrict the HTTP traffic for yahoo.com(and all its sub-domains) for elinks but when i use ping to receive packages from it. I need to do that with squid and use dstdom_regex in /etc/squid/squid.conf ,and i need to configure proxy in /etc/elinks/elinks.conf. Can someone help... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: G30
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Controlling elinks from Pipe, CLI or Script

Hi guys, I’m looking for an automatic way to save the source code of an website to a file. My questions is, it is possible to control elinks from a script, pipe or cli? I need to open a website, login on this site by a webform, submit the form, open an new url and save the source code of a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: digg_de
2 Replies
Jifty::Plugin::Comment::Action::CreateComment(3pm)	User Contributed Perl Documentation	Jifty::Plugin::Comment::Action::CreateComment(3pm)

NAME
Jifty::Plugin::Comment::Action::CreateComment - custom CreateComment that attaches the comment to the parent DESCRIPTION
This is a specialized create action that attaches the comment to the parent object. SCHEMA
parent_class This is the parent model class. This class must use the Jifty::Plugin::Comment::Mixin::Model::Commented mixin. parent_id This is the ID of the object to attach the comment to. title This is the title the author of the comment has given it. your_name This is the name of the author of the comment. web_site This is the (optional) web site of the author of the comment. email This is the (optional) email address of the author of the comment. body This is the comment message. published This is true if the comment should be published or false if it is only visible to moderators. created_on This is the timestamp of the comment's creation. status This is string with either the value "spam" for a message that has been flagged as spam or "ham" for a message that is not spam. http_referer The referer claimed by the client. http_user_agent The user agent claimed by the client. ip_addr The IP address of the client. METHODS
record_class Returns the application's comment class. parent This converts the "parent_id" and "parent_class" arguments into an object. take_action Performs the work of attaching the comment to the parent object. report_success Reports success or the need for moderation of the message. fetch_comment_cookie Creating a comment this way causes a cookie named "COMMENT_REMEMBORY" to be stored on the client to remember the client's name, email, and web site choice for the next comment. from_cookie Loads the name, email, and web site from the stored cookie. validate_title Make sure a title is set. validate_web_site Make sure the web site given is valid. validate_email Make sure the email given is valid. validate_body Checks to see if the scrubbed HTML is the same as the given HTML to see if it will be changed on save and reports that to the client. AUTHOR
Andrew Sterling Hanenkamp, "<hanenkamp@cpan.org>" COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright 2008 Boomer Consulting, Inc. All Rights Reserved. This program is free software and may be modified and distributed under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.12.4 2009-03-09 Jifty::Plugin::Comment::Action::CreateComment(3pm)