Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Need to split the $PATH output Post 302473449 by kmvinay on Saturday 20th of November 2010 09:17:38 AM
Old 11-20-2010
Need to split the $PATH output

Hi,

/usr/kerberos/sbin:/usr/kerberos/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin:/root/bin

i want to print the above output as below

/usr/kerberos/sbin
/usr/kerberos/bin
/usr/local/sbin
/usr/local/bin
/sbin
/bin
/usr/sbin
/usr/bin
/usr/X11R6/bin
/root/bin

Need help.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

split and print $PATH

Hello simple question : how can i split the $PATH by the ":" seperator with one liner ? mybe using awk is there any builtin function in awk that splits and prints the output ? thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: umen
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to get split output of a file, using perl script

Hi, I have file: data.log.1 ### s1 main.build.3495 main.build.199 main.build.3408 ###s2 main.build.3495 main.build.3408 main.build.199 I want to read this file and store in two arrays in Perl. I have following command, which is working fine on command prompt. perl -n -e... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ashvini
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split function input and output order

Dear Forum I'm Trying to use split function to split a string, but the output is not as the same order as of the string, please see simple example echo " " | nawk -v var="First;Second;Third;Fourth" ' BEGIN {split(var, arr,";") for(i in arr){print arr }}' The output is Second Third... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: yahyaaa
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

No need path in output of LS command

hi, while i am placing the command. ls /app/callidus/rci_vst_p1/vst_fact_sms_cdr* I am getting the below ouput.. Output /app/callidus/rci_vst_p1/Inbound/vst_fact_sms_cdr_20101124.dat /app/callidus/rci_vst_p1/Inbound/vst_fact_sms_cdr_20101215.dat... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rsivasan
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split Filename from Absolute Path

Hello, I have the string "/a/b/c/ddd.txt" and i want to get only the filename, in this case "ddd.txt". I have as something known in the script the pattern "/a/b/c/", so I`ve tried something like: echo "/a/b/c/ddd.txt" | cut -d "/a/b/c/" -f2 but it doesn`t go, any help?. thanks, bye (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rubber08
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

renaming the default output name of the split command

Hello, I would like to split a file but I dont what the subfiles to be named the way they are: ex: default name: xaa xab xac xad xae desired name: b01 b02 b03 b04 b05 I know I can rename them afterwards however I have a varialbe split lenghth, in other words I am not sure how... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: smarones
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to split the sql output into two different variables

Hi, How to set as variable from sql output. Query: select aa.serial, ao.name from ann_amit aa JOIN ann_object ao on (aa.classid=ao.classid); I got two values from aa.serial and ao.name, I wanna make two different variable for aa.serial and ao.name. The value of aa.serial should be in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: KarthikPS
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk : split file and rename and save in path according to content

Hello, I'm using Windows 7 ; sed, awk and gnuwin32 are installed. I have a big text file I need to manipulate. In short, I will have to split it in thousands of short files, then rename and save in a folder which name is based upon filename. Here is a snippet of my big input.txt file (this... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sellig
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Extract name from path and change output

Dear All, I would like to extract the file name without extension form a variable... In particular I have a command like this one: for file in path/to/file/example_number.ext do something -input $file -output ${file%_number.ext}.new done means that in variable $file are saved all the path... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: giuliangiuseppe
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Split Command Generating Incomplete Output Files

Hello All, May i please know how do i ensure my split command would NOT generate incomplete output files like below, the last lines in each file is missing some columns or last line is complete. split -b 50GB File File_ File_aa |551|70210203|xxxxxxx|12/22/2010 20:44:58|11/01/2010... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Ariean
1 Replies
MAILER.CONF(5)						      BSD File Formats Manual						    MAILER.CONF(5)

NAME
mailer.conf -- configuration file for mailwrapper(8) DESCRIPTION
The file /etc/mail/mailer.conf contains a series of lines of the form name program [arguments ...] The first word of each line is the name of a program invoking mailwrapper(8). (For example, on a typical system /usr/sbin/sendmail would be a symbolic link to mailwrapper(8), as would newaliases(1) and mailq(1). Thus, name might be ``sendmail'' or ``newaliases'' etc.) The second word of each line is the name of the program to actually execute when the first name is invoked. The further arguments, if any, are passed to the program, followed by the arguments mailwrapper(8) was called with. The file may also contain comment lines, denoted by a '#' mark in the first column of any line. FILES
/etc/mail/mailer.conf EXAMPLES
This example shows how to set up mailer.conf to invoke the traditional sendmail(8) program: # Execute the "real" sendmail program located in # /usr/libexec/sendmail/sendmail sendmail /usr/libexec/sendmail/sendmail send-mail /usr/libexec/sendmail/sendmail mailq /usr/libexec/sendmail/sendmail newaliases /usr/libexec/sendmail/sendmail This example shows how to invoke a sendmail-workalike like Postfix in place of sendmail(8): # Emulate sendmail using postfix sendmail /usr/local/sbin/sendmail send-mail /usr/local/sbin/sendmail mailq /usr/local/sbin/sendmail newaliases /usr/local/sbin/sendmail This example shows how to invoke a sendmail-workalike with Exim (from ports) in place of sendmail(8): # Emulate sendmail using exim sendmail /usr/local/sbin/exim send-mail /usr/local/sbin/exim mailq /usr/local/sbin/exim -bp newaliases /usr/bin/true rmail /usr/local/sbin/exim -i -oee This example shows the use of the mini_sendmail package from ports in place of sendmail(8). Note the use of additional arguments. # Send outgoing mail to a smart relay using mini_sendmail sendmail /usr/local/bin/mini_sendmail -srelayhost send-mail /usr/local/bin/mini_sendmail -srelayhost SEE ALSO
mail(1), mailq(1), newaliases(1), mailwrapper(8), sendmail(8) postfix(1) (ports/mail/postfix), mini_sendmail(8) (ports/mail/mini_sendmail) HISTORY
mailer.conf appeared in NetBSD 1.4. AUTHORS
Perry E. Metzger <perry@piermont.com> BUGS
The entire reason this program exists is a crock. Instead, a command for how to submit mail should be standardized, and all the "behave dif- ferently if invoked with a different name" behavior of things like mailq(1) should go away. BSD
October 8, 2010 BSD