Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: write a script
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting write a script Post 302473407 by m.nageeb on Friday 19th of November 2010 07:45:06 PM
Old 11-19-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by durden_tyler
"Dear" OP,

It's unethical to ask for ready-to-go solutions in a forum of volunteers. You will have to learn to put in some effort in doing your homework before asking for help.

Since we are all unpaid volunteers here, you may want to consider hiring the services of a Unix consultant who can write scripts for you. Of course, those services are not free.

HTH,
tyler_durden
Sorry sir,

I don't want to bother any of you, but if some one could help that will be fine
at least how to start.

regards.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help! Need to write my first script

Hi Folks! I am a MacUser and am trying to learn Unix for the last few months. I will explain in detail what I am trying to do, and apreciate you help if you can teach me even if it is a single comand line inside the script. I own a small company, where I manufacture special gypsums and... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: fundidor
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help me to write the script

Actually i am working with two diffrent files having same structure each file contain Ten diffrent column and i want to write a script which will compare the colummns of first file with the column of second file and diiference will be send to the first column of third file . similarly for... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gyana_cboy
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Please write this script for me

UNIX shell script (Bourne shell syntax) called admin_script. This script is described below as a usage summary: admin_script Note: if no options are specified, a menu is displayed which allows users to perform one of the following tasks and then exit. If incorrect options are provided,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nadman123
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Should I write a PERL Script or Shell Script?

Hello, I have done some BASIC shell scripting/PERL scripting before so I am familiar with the languages. I am not really sure which one would lend itself better to the application I have to write. I am required to scan the message logs for possible break in attempts. If I use shell scripting... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mojoman
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Better way to write this script

Hi All, I have written the following script. I have just repeated some commands, and I am sure there is a more better way to do it. I hope I one of gurus here will help me make it in a better shape. Here is the script: #! /bin/sh sed -i -e "s/test2.xxx/test3.xxx/" -e "s/output2/output3/"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: faizlo
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script Help - Another Way To Write This

I am adapting an Open Step ping server script to Ubuntu 8.10 and one section of my script isn't working # if there are servers that just went down or came back up, notify # with high importance if ; then echo notifying of servers that are up again or just now down notify high # if there... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gbxfan
2 Replies

7. AIX

how to write this script?

If I need delete some disk, for i in hdisk1 hdisk2 hdisk3 hdisk4 do rmdev -dl $i done if I have more than 100 hdisks, how to write a script like that to delete them? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rainbow_bean
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Q: How to write this script?

Hi there :rolleyes: I have a folder called backup it is path is: ~/backup Inside this folder, there are four files: ~/backup/test1.cpp ~/backup/test2.cpp ~/backup/test3.cpp ~/backup/PATHS.TXT The fourth file PATHS.TXT contains the original paths for the three files. This is the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: domain
4 Replies

9. IP Networking

read/write,write/write lock with smbclient fails

Hi, We have smb client running on two of the linux boxes and smb server on another linux system. During a backup operation which uses smb, read of a file was allowed while write to the same file was going on.Also simultaneous writes to the same file were allowed.Following are the settings in the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: swatidas11
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Please help me to write the script

Hi All, I have written the follwing script to take the backup of the file every day along with the date. DATE=`date +%Y%m%d` export DATE cp var/hr/hr333m.txt cp var/hr/payments/hr333m_$DATE.txt The file name as follows after taking the backup. hr333m_20110630.txt Could you... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajaykumarkona
3 Replies
DH_INSTALLINIT(1)						     Debhelper							 DH_INSTALLINIT(1)

NAME
dh_installinit - install init scripts and/or upstart jobs into package build directories SYNOPSIS
dh_installinit [debhelperoptions] [--name=name] [-n] [-R] [-r] [-d] [--params] DESCRIPTION
dh_installinit is a debhelper program that is responsible for installing init scripts with associated defaults files, as well as upstart job files into package build directories. It also automatically generates the postinst and postrm and prerm commands needed to set up the symlinks in /etc/rc*.d/ to start and stop the init scripts. FILES
debian/package.init If this exists, it is installed into etc/init.d/package in the package build directory. debian/package.default If this exists, it is installed into etc/default/package in the package build directory. debian/package.upstart If this exists, it is installed into etc/init/package.conf in the package build directory. OPTIONS
-n, --noscripts Do not modify postinst/postrm/prerm scripts. -o, --onlyscripts Only modify postinst/postrm/prerm scripts, do not actually install any init script, default files, or upstart job. May be useful if the init script or upstart job is shipped and/or installed by upstream in a way that doesn't make it easy to let dh_installinit find it. -R, --restart-after-upgrade Do not stop the init script until after the package upgrade has been completed. This is different than the default behavior, which stops the script in the prerm, and starts it again in the postinst. This can be useful for daemons that should not have a possibly long downtime during upgrade. But you should make sure that the daemon will not get confused by the package being upgraded while it's running before using this option. -r, --no-restart-on-upgrade Do not stop init script on upgrade. --no-start Do not start the init script on install or upgrade, or stop it on removal. Only call update-rc.d. Useful for rcS scripts. -d, --remove-d Remove trailing d from the name of the package, and use the result for the filename the upstart job file is installed as in etc/init/ , and for the filename the init script is installed as in etc/init.d and the default file is installed as in etc/default/ . This may be useful for daemons with names ending in d. (Note: this takes precedence over the --init-script parameter described below.) -uparams --update-rcd-params=params -- params Pass params to update-rc.d(8). If not specified, defaults will be passed to update-rc.d(8). --name=name Install the init script (and default file) as well as upstart job file using the filename name instead of the default filename, which is the package name. When this parameter is used, dh_installinit looks for and installs files named debian/package.name.init, debian/package.name.default and debian/package.name.upstart instead of the usual debian/package.init, debian/package.default and debian/package.upstart. --init-script=scriptname Use scriptname as the filename the init script is installed as in etc/init.d/ (and also use it as the filename for the defaults file, if it is installed). If you use this parameter, dh_installinit will look to see if a file in the debian/ directory exists that looks like package.scriptname and if so will install it as the init script in preference to the files it normally installs. This parameter is deprecated, use the --name parameter instead. This parameter is incompatible with the use of upstart jobs. --error-handler=function Call the named shell function if running the init script fails. The function should be provided in the prerm and postinst scripts, before the #DEBHELPER# token. NOTES
Note that this command is not idempotent. dh_prep(1) should be called between invocations of this command. Otherwise, it may cause multiple instances of the same text to be added to maintainer scripts. SEE ALSO
debhelper(7) This program is a part of debhelper. AUTHORS
Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> Steve Langasek <steve.langasek@canonical.com> 9.20120909 2012-04-10 DH_INSTALLINIT(1)