Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting assistance needed to add 2 other routines to my script Post 302473393 by fpmurphy on Friday 19th of November 2010 06:42:30 PM
Old 11-19-2010
what have you attempted so far?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

NFS mount assistance needed...

Hello all - I've searched this forum, but was unable to find out the info I need. I'm trying to mount (nfs mount) a directory on another box from my Linux machine. The mount point resides on a Tru64 digital unix machine. The machine trying to do the mount is a Linux machine (redhat 8.0). ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Heron
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Assistance needed.

the command "nawk" returns the error command cannot be found in my unix system. Is there a specific library i need to have to use this command? I tried, the whereis command and it returns nothing. if there is nothing to do, what command can i use to replace this nawk command? Appreciate some... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: 12yearold
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Yellow Book assistance needed

Has anyone worked with yellow book in a unix/linux environment? If so, could you provide me with more answers around this? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: FL1
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

can we use routines of datastage in unix script

Hi all, My aim is to get the log details of datastage job using unix scipt. we know that DSjob are used to get the log details from datastage universe through the adminstrator.can we call that DSjob rountine in our unix script. Thanks in advance Regards, NimmyRaju:) (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nimmyraju
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Assistance needed with perl script

Ok, theres a log file containing the below. Lets call the logfile log_fantastic: 2009/03/16 21:42:45 USER: tonnabo - MAC: 0014BF2D385A - STATUS_ID: 30 - STATE: ERROR 2009/03/16 21:42:45 USER: tonnabo - MAC: 001310AC120D - STATUS_ID: 15 - STATE: OK 2009/03/16 21:42:45 USER: tonnabo - MAC:... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Assistance Needed With Find/Replace in Vi

Hello All I have always had a question about find and replace in Vi. As this uses Vi, sed, and RegEx I never knew how or where to post the question but I thought I would give it a shot here. Say I have a text file filled with the following: Sue, your IP address is 192.168.1.10 which is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: NoSalt
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

script assistance needed - create an archive of INI files

First and foremost - me != unix bubba. Here is the situation. We have a box with data AND settings in the same directory path. (Data files aren't in the SAME directories as settings.) I need a script that generates a tarred-up archive of only the INI files with the directory structure. We... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hindesite
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Assistance needed for pattern matching

Hi, Below are input files:- File1:- 1: ### CREATE TABLE ## 2: SOMETHING ELSE 1 3: ### CREATE TABLE ## 4: ### CREATE <spaces> 5: TABLE ### 6:SOMETHING ELSE 2 7: ## CREATE 8: <spaces> TABLE ### 9: SOMETHING ELSE 3 File2:- Similar Format... Desired 1 Output File:- (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kishal
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Archiving assistance needed date to month

We have year folder say in a path /opt/informat/Archive a folder 2012. And in the same folder /opt/informat/Archive we have different folders month based, like 201210, 201211, 201212, this have data for each month, ie files. Now time to time i need to move the monthly folders to the main folder... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: raghavraok
1 Replies
nisrm(1)							   User Commands							  nisrm(1)

NAME
nisrm - remove NIS+ objects from the namespace SYNOPSIS
nisrm [-if] name... DESCRIPTION
The nisrm command removes NIS+ objects named name from the NIS+ namespace. This command will fail if the NIS+ master server is not running. This command will not remove directories. See nisrmdir(1). Nor will it remove non-empty tables. See nistbladm(1). OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -i Interactive mode. Like the system rm(1) command the nisrm command will ask for confirmation prior to removing an object. If the name specified by name is a non-fully qualified name this option is forced on. This prevents the removal of unexpected objects. -f Force. The removal is attempted, and if it fails for permission reasons, a nischmod(1) is attempted and the removal retried. If the command fails, it fails silently. OPERANDS
The following operand is supported: name A NIS+ named object. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Using the nisrm Command Remove the objects foo, bar, and baz from the namespace: example% nisrm foo bar baz ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
NIS_PATH If this variable is set, and the NIS+ name is not fully qualified, each directory specified will be searched until the object is found. See nisdefaults(1). EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful operation. 1 Operation failed. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWnisu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
nis+(1), nischmod(1), nisdefaults(1), nisrmdir(1), nistbladm(1), rm(1), attributes(5) NOTES
NIS+ might not be supported in future releases of the SolarisTM Operating Environment. Tools to aid the migration from NIS+ to LDAP are available in the Solaris 9 operating environment. For more information, visit http://www.sun.com/directory/nisplus/transition.html. SunOS 5.10 10 Dec 2001 nisrm(1)