Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Find in files issue
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Find in files issue Post 302473328 by verdepollo on Friday 19th of November 2010 12:52:51 PM
Old 11-19-2010
Try:

Code:
grep -cH '<item id="2506"/>' *

and this:

Code:
for i in *; do
        sed -n "s/.*\(special_description=\".*\"\).*/$i \1/ p" $i
done

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

An issue with find command.

Hi all, I have a shell script(ksh) which has the code as follows. ------------------ cd $mydir for i in `find ./ -type f -mtime +$k` do echo $i done ----------------------- And in $mydir , i have some files which have space in theie names like "Case att15". The out put of the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajugp1
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

find issue

I'm trying to use find command to generate a list of a files w/ a specific extension (.axv), but I would also like to exclude/grep out another directory completely from the search (Archive). I have been poking around various sites/forums and man pages and haven't figured this out. tb (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bisston
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Little bit weired : Find files in UNIX w/o using find or where command

Yes , I have to find a file in unix without using any find or where commands.Any pointers for the same would be very helpful as i am beginner in shell scritping and need a solution for the same. Thanks in advance. Regards Jatin Jain (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: jatin.jain
10 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ISSUE and ISSUE.NET files

In LINUX(CentOS, RedHat) is there a way to have the banner statement appear before the logon instead of after the logon? In UNIX and Windows the banner appears before a person actually logs on, what I'm seeing in LINUX is that it appears after the login(ftp, telnet, SSH). Thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ejjones
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue with Find Command

Hi All, I'm a bit new to Linux environment, moderately okay when it comes to Unix AIX. I'm facing an issue while trying to run a simple find command: $ for file in `find . -name *.*` > do > ls $file > done This is throwing the following error: Strangely, a few minutes... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: adi_2_chaos
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue while moving files using find command

Hi All, I'm facing this below error when I move files using find command....Please help out...... $ find /home/aa/ab -mtime +90 -type f -exec mv -f {} /home/aa/ab/ac \; mv: 0653-405 /home/aa/ab/ac/MP_060520111245.csv and /home/aa/ab/ac/MP_060520111245.csv are identical. mv: 0653-405... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: HemaV
2 Replies

7. Linux

find command issue

Hi, I am not root user. I am trying to find the file which has contains pattern "fvsfile" in root directory. If i run the find cmd then i got permission denied and all the files are listed include pattern files. i cant get file name yet find . print | xargs grep -i "fvsfile" I want... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mani_apr08
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

issue while moving files using find command

Hi Friends, I'm facinf issue while moving large files using find command.I've a scenario like i've to move one day older files from one directory to anothe directory.I'm using the below command. find $src_dir -name error -prune -o -type f -mtime +1 -exec mv {} $dest_dir \; some times... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mail2mura
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find command issue

Guys, Here is my requirement.. Sample.cfg file="*log.gz *txt.gz" sample.sh #!/bin/sh . $HOME/Sample.cfg find . -name "$file" -mtime +20 -exec ls -la {} \; Its not finding the given *log.gz and txt.gz files. Could anyone please help me? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: AraR87
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Issue with deleting files through find

Hi, I have a script similar to this #!/bin/ksh cd /orcl/bir/eod_badfiles find ./ -type f -name "*.csv" -mtime +6 -exec rm -f {} \; find ./ -type f -name "*.bad" -mtime +6 -exec rm -f {} \; cd /orcl/bir find ./ -type f -name "*.log" -mtime +6 -exec rm -f {} \; This was working fine in one... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gangadhar Reddy
5 Replies
XZLESS(1)							     XZ Utils								 XZLESS(1)

NAME
xzless, lzless - view xz or lzma compressed (text) files SYNOPSIS
xzless [file...] lzless [file...] DESCRIPTION
xzless is a filter that displays text from compressed files to a terminal. It works on files compressed with xz(1) or lzma(1). If no files are given, xzless reads from standard input. xzless uses less(1) to present its output. Unlike xzmore, its choice of pager cannot be altered by setting an environment variable. Com- mands are based on both more(1) and vi(1) and allow back and forth movement and searching. See the less(1) manual for more information. The command named lzless is provided for backward compatibility with LZMA Utils. ENVIRONMENT
LESSMETACHARS A list of characters special to the shell. Set by xzless unless it is already set in the environment. LESSOPEN Set to a command line to invoke the xz(1) decompressor for preprocessing the input files to less(1). SEE ALSO
less(1), xz(1), xzmore(1), zless(1) Tukaani 2010-09-27 XZLESS(1)