Sponsored Content
Special Forums IP Networking Divert DNS traffic to another gateway Post 302473145 by coolatt on Friday 19th of November 2010 04:43:30 AM
Old 11-19-2010
finally,,,i got a solution.

i installed bind9 on a machine(10.0.0.z) & configured it to use adsl gateway.

next,on my DNS server, in the conf of bind, i added 10.0.0.z as the only forwarder(as if it is an isp dns server)

I also configured bind9 to do logging so that i can debug very easily. Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

divert output

i want to run a ksh script 'myscript' at the background and direct the system to return any error msg to /tmp/myscript.err and the output of 'myscript' to /tmp/myscript.out how do i do that at the command prompt? thank you. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kanang
3 Replies

2. UNIX and Linux Applications

SMTP traffic filter on FreeBSD 7.0 gateway

Hello, I have a question about ways to filter smtp traffic that passes from LAN through FreeBSD 7.0 machine (configured with NAT and gateway="yes" in /etc/rc.conf) to the Internet. I've installed both SpamAssassin and ClamAv, and now need the software that would listen to port 25 on private... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: matagou
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

DNS server choice: Windows DNS vs Linux BIND

I'd like to get some opnions on choosing DNS server: Windows DNS vs Linux BIND comparrsion: 1) managment, easy of use 2) Security 3) features 4) peformance 5) ?? I personally prefer Windows DNS server for management, it supports GUI and command line. But I am not sure about security... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: honglus
2 Replies

4. Linux

GNUGK-How to setup static gateway to gateway routing

Dear Sir I am a newbie in the world of IP telephony. I have been working with Asterisk PBX (SIP) and Cisco Call Manager (MGCP) but now I am learning on how to work GNUGK for H.323 Gatekeeper. I am having a problem, configuring static call routing on GNUGK in the section ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mfondoum
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to do an IP Divert From one ip to the other?

Hi Guys, This was been a Project kinda stuff i working out effectively from past 1 month.i would like to thank Unix forums for helping me out.So here is my Problem.i was been planning out in creating a Intelligent monitoring machine to make it available for multiple applications to get the log... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kgrvamsi
2 Replies

6. IP Networking

lookup ip address, subnet mask, gateway, and dns at same time

Is there a command that can lookup ip address, subnet mask, gateway, and dns all at the same. I know ifconfig can lookup ip address and subnet mask. I know route -n can lookup gateway. Not sure about a dns command. So I hope there is a way to lookup ip address, subnet mask, gateway, and dns all at... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
2 Replies

7. Red Hat

DHCP & DNS - Clients get IP but don't register in DNS

I am trying to setup a CentOS 6.2 server that will be doing 3 things DHCP, DNS & Samba for a very small office (2 users). The idea being this will replace a very old Win2k server. The users are all windows based clients so only the server will be Linux based. I've installed CentOS 6.2 with... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: FireBIade
4 Replies

8. Cybersecurity

DNS traffic

Hi All, I have just started learning Lunix; I hope you can help me to block unwanted DNS traffic. I have big spikes of traffic few times a day. The duration is from few minutes to two hours. Incoming traffic is 1 mbps, outgoing is 3mbps Using my friend's script I was able to get some... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: OlegE
1 Replies

9. Proxy Server

IPtable rules for DNS/http/https traffic for specific hosts only, not working.

Hi there, I have a VPS and am working on a little side project for myself and friend which is a DNS proxy. Everything was great till recently. My VPS IP has been detected by some botnet or something, and I believe SMURF attacks are occuring. The VPS provider keeps shutting down my VPS... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: phi0x
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Inconsistency between RedHat 6.5 global gateway and single gateway leads to loss of default gateway

Dear friends I use RedHat 6.5, which sets the gateway in the configuration file / etc / sysconfig / network as GATEWAY = 192.168.1.26, and the gateway in the configuration file / etc / sysconfig / network-scripts / ifcfg-eth11 as GATEWAY = 192.168.1.256. The two gateways are different.... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: tanpeng
6 Replies
ADSL-CONNECT(8) 					      System Manager's Manual						   ADSL-CONNECT(8)

NAME
adsl-connect - Shell script to manage a PPPoE link SYNOPSIS
adsl-connect [config_file] adsl-connect interface user [config_file] DESCRIPTION
adsl-connect is a shell script which manages an ADSL connection using the Roaring Penguin user-space PPPoE client. If you omit con- fig_file, the default file /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-ppp0 is used. If you supply interface and user, then they override the Ethernet interface and user-name settings in the configuration file. Note that normally, you should not invoke adsl-connect directly. Instead, use adsl-start to bring up the ADSL connection. adsl-connect first reads a configuration file. It then brings up a PPPoE connection. If the connection ever drops, a message is logged to syslog, and adsl-connect re-establishes the connection. In addition, each time the connection is dropped or cannot be established, adsl- connect executes the script /etc/ppp/adsl-lost if it exists and is executable. The shell script adsl-stop causes adsl-connect to break out of its loop, bring the connection down, and exit. TECHNICAL DETAILS
adsl-connect uses the following shell variables from the configuration file: ETH The Ethernet interface connected to the ADSL modem (for example, eth0). USER The ADSL user-id (for example, b1xxnxnx@sympatico.ca). PIDFILE A file in which to write the process-ID of the adsl-connect process (for example, /var/run/pppoe.pid). Two additional files ($PID- FILE.pppd and $PIDFILE.pppoe) hold the process-ID's of the pppd and pppoe processes, respectively. By using different configuration files with different PIDFILE settings, you can manage multiple PPPoE connections. Just specify the con- figuration file as an argument to adsl-start and adsl-stop. AUTHOR
adsl-connect was written by David F. Skoll <dfs@roaringpenguin.com>. The pppoe home page is http://www.roaringpenguin.com/pppoe/. SEE ALSO
pppoe(8), adsl-start(8), adsl-stop(8), pppd(8), pppoe.conf(5), adsl-setup(8), adsl-status(8), pppoe-sniff(8), pppoe-server(8), pppoe- relay(8) 4th Berkeley Distribution 21 February 2000 ADSL-CONNECT(8)