Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Awk script to match pattern till blank line Post 302473128 by Scrutinizer on Friday 19th of November 2010 03:20:04 AM
Old 11-19-2010
Code:
awk '!NF{p=0}p;/restart_step/{p=1}' infile

This User Gave Thanks to Scrutinizer For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

how to read a file till it encounters a blank line

Hi , I want to read a file starting with "*" up to till it encounters a blank line and to redirect this output to a different file.Plz suggest how to write a script for this. e.g:- * PK Sent Email (11.23) CALYPSO 1243215 9116457 NEW TRAD FAILED Nov 23 2007 9:34AM OASYS: DPS:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: adityam
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to read a file till it encounters a blank line

Hi , I want to read a file starting with "*" up to till it encounters a blank line and to redirect this output to a different file.Plz suggest how to write a script for this. e.g:- * PK Sent Email (11.23) CALYPSO 1243215 9116457 NEW TRAD FAILED Nov 23 2007 9:34AM OASYS: DPS: SINGCORP invalid... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: adityam
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Urgent! Sed/Awk Filter Find Pattern Delete Till End Of Line

Hi, I need help with using an awk or sed filter on the below line ALTER TABLE "ACCOUNT" ADD CONSTRAINT "ACCOUNT_PK" PRIMARY KEY ("ACCT_ID") USING INDEX PCTFREE 10 INITRANS 2 MAXTRANS 255 STORAGE(INITIAL 65536 FREELISTS 1 FREELIST GROUPS 1) TABLESPACE "WMC_DATA" LOGGING ENABLE Look for... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajan_san
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Urgent Help required : awk/sed help to find pattern and delete till end of line

Hi, I need help with using an awk or sed filter on the below line ALTER TABLE "ACCOUNT" ADD CONSTRAINT "ACCOUNT_PK" PRIMARY KEY ("ACCT_ID") USING INDEX PCTFREE 10 INITRANS 2 MAXTRANS 255 STORAGE(INITIAL 65536 FREELISTS 1 FREELIST GROUPS 1) TABLESPACE "WMC_DATA" LOGGING ENABLE Look for... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajan_san
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep the word from pattern line and update in subsequent lines till next pattern line reached

Hi, I have got the below requirement. please suggest. I have a file like, Processing Item is: /data/ing/cfg2/abc.txt /data/ing/cfg3/bgc.txt Processing Item is: /data/cmd/for2/ght.txt /data/kernal/config.klgt.txt I want to process the above file to get the output file like, ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rbalaj16
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pattern match till the end of the file.

I have a file which is like this ……………………………………….. ………………………………… ………………………………… …………………………………… ……………………………………. ……………………………… <<<from_here>>> ……………………………… ………………………………. I want a script which would fetch the data starting from <<<from_here>>> in the file till the end... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: halfafringe
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Displaying text till pattern match found in a line

Hi All, From the below line if we want to display all the text till found pattern dot/. I was trying with the below code but couldn't able to print text before the pattern. it display texts which is found after pattern. awk '/assed/{print;getline;print}' file_name | sed 's/^*. *//' input... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Optimus81
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Combine multiline to one line till a blank line

Hello, I have a file as :- ABC DEF GHI JKL <BlankLine> MNO PQR STU VWX <BlankLine> YZA I need it as below:- ABCDEFGHIJKL; MNOPQRSTUVWX; (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jassi10781
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to combine lines from line with pattern match to a line that ends in a pattern

I am trying to combine lines with these conditions: 1. First line starts with text of "libname VALUE db2 datasrc" where VALUE can be any text. 2. If condition1 is met then continue to combine lines through a line that ends with a semicolon. 3. Ignore case when matching patterns and remove any... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Wes Kem
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

awk script for pattern match and line break

Hi, I have input which reads like 9089.00 ----- kl jkjjljk lkkk; (909099) 9097.00 ----- HGJJHHJ jcxkjlkjvhvlk jhdkjksdfkhfskd 898.00 ----- HHHH I am trying to do something like this - As soon as I found pattern match "XYZ.00-----" it will insert a line break to the input and will go to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Indra2011
3 Replies
SLIST(1)							       slist								  SLIST(1)

NAME
slist - Lists available NetWare Servers SYNOPSIS
slist [ pattern ] DESCRIPTION
slist lists all NetWare Servers available in your network. If slist does not print to a tty, the decorative header line is not printed, so that you can count the servers on your network by doing slist | wc -l OPTIONS
pattern pattern is used to list only servers whose names match the specified pattern. For a server to be listed, the pattern must match the full server name. You can use wildcards for the pattern, but you must protect these wildcards from any command line expansion by quoting. Case doesn't matter. EXAMPLE
slist "I*" or slist "i*" List all available Netware servers on your Network, that begin with an "I". SEE ALSO
ncpmount(8), ncpumount(8), pqlist(1), nprint(1) CREDITS
slist was written by Volker Lendecke (lendecke@math.uni-goettingen.de) BUGS
slist works only in IPX environment, as it uses SAP to find first server and then Bindery to get list of servers. slist 01/07/1996 SLIST(1)