Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Unable to login with Domain users in the Suse linux Post 302473091 by naree on Friday 19th of November 2010 01:18:49 AM
Old 11-19-2010
Unable to login with Domain users in the Suse linux

Hi Team,

I have joined the Suse Linux Server in my domain. I am not able update the DNS but I am able to join the domain. net ads testjoin gives me Join ok.

even net ads dns register -P results to DNS update failed.

wbinfo -u and wbinfo -g also not working.

Samba Configuration:

Code:
[global]

workgroup = ES
    printing = cups
    printcap name = cups
    printcap cache time = 750
    cups options = raw
    map to guest = Bad User
    include = /etc/samba/dhcp.conf
    logon path = \\%L\profiles\.msprofile
    logon home = \\%L\%U\.9xprofile
    logon drive = P:
    idmap gid = 10000-20000
    idmap uid = 10000-20000
    realm = ES.AD.PP.COM
    security = ADS
    template homedir = /home/%D/%U
    template shell = /bin/bash
    winbind use default domain = true
    domain logons = No
    domain master = No
    password server = hyrdswsesdc1.ES.AD.PP.COM
    wins support = No
    usershare allow guests = No

Code:
cat /etc/krb5.conf [libdefaults]

default_realm = ES.AD.PP.COM
    clockskew = 300

[realms]

ES.AD.PP.COM = { kdc = hyscswsesdc1.es.ad.pp.com default_domain = es.ad.pp.com admin_server = hyscswsesdc1.es.ad.pp.com }

EXAMPLE.COM = { kdc = kerberos.example.com admin_server = kerberos.example.com }

[logging]

kdc = FILE:/var/log/krb5/krb5kdc.log
    admin_server = FILE:/var/log/krb5/kadmind.log
    default = SYSLOG:NOTICE:DAEMON

[domain_realm]

.es.ad.pp.com = ES.AD.PP.COM

[appdefaults]

pam = { ticket_lifetime = 1d renew_lifetime = 1d forwardable = true proxiable = false retain_after_close = false minimum_uid = 1 try_first_pass = true external = sshd use_shmem = sshd }

I have done necessary changes in the in PAM module as well.
Can you please help me how to proceed with it.

Thanks
Naree

Last edited by pludi; 11-19-2010 at 06:27 AM.. Reason: code tags, please...

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Suse Linux 9.0 can't login

Hi, I need some help here. I have a Suse Linux here that I can't login to. I used to be able to, but now I can't. I was able to login initially, not too sure what keyboard button I pressed(Alt+Tab, maybe), then it kicks straight to the login screen. Subsequent login as root didn't manage to get... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: suseli
0 Replies

2. SuSE

Can we disable/delay login ports in suse linux ?

Plz . tell me the command in suse linux to rert availibility of login ports, disable login ports, & delay available login ports. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vrguha
3 Replies

3. SuSE

Linux SuSE 10 - Disable Unsuccessful Login History.

When we login to any remote connections in SuSE Linux, say for example, telnet , the following line is displayed "Last Login : Date and time is displayed" I would like to disable this. In SuSE 9, I could find the solution . Please suggest me a solution to disable the line displayed for SuSE... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Laksmi
3 Replies

4. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

How to: Linux BOX in Windows Domain (w/out joining the domain)

Dear Expert, i have linux box that is running in the windows domain, BUT did not being a member of the domain. as I am not the System Administrator so I have no control on the server in the network, such as modify dns entry , add the linux box in AD and domain record and so on that relevant. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: regmaster
2 Replies

5. Red Hat

RHEL: Users unable to login via SSH

removing the post (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: titanic4u
6 Replies

6. SuSE

Help in display unsuccessful login in SUSE Linux

hi i want to enable details of previous successful/ unsuccessful login on screen after successful login in SUSE linux ---------- Post updated 01-17-15 at 10:00 PM ---------- Previous update was 01-16-15 at 11:37 PM ---------- hi guys please reply (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Idea
1 Replies

7. SuSE

Unable to format suse Linux

Hello All, I am new to use linux. I installed SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 (x86_64) trail version which is free for 60 days. Now I want to again format the whole system and install the same OS again but its not happening. I am trying with a bootable pen drive which has an .iso image of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hunk_harsha
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Linux SuSE SLES 8 error..unable to issue shutdown command

the only way we can power off is if we actually press power button on server. Running on HP DL-G4. from root, when we issue command it just returns to root prompt. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amexboy
1 Replies
Net::DNS::Mailbox(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				      Net::DNS::Mailbox(3)

NAME
Net::DNS::Mailbox - DNS mailbox representation SYNOPSIS
use Net::DNS::Mailbox; $mailbox = new Net::DNS::Mailbox('user@example.com'); $address = $mailbox->address; DESCRIPTION
The Net::DNS::Mailbox module implements a subclass of DNS domain name objects representing the DNS coded form of RFC822 mailbox address. METHODS
new $mailbox = new Net::DNS::Mailbox('John.Doe@example.com'); $mailbox = new Net::DNS::Mailbox('John Doe <j.doe@example.com>'); Creates a mailbox object which represents the DNS domain encoded form of the mail address specified by the character string argument. The argument string consists of printable characters from the 7-bit ASCII repertoire. address $address = $mailbox->address; Returns a character string containing the RFC822 mailbox address corresponding to the encoded domain name representation described in RFC1035 section 8. DOMAIN NAME COMPRESSION AND CANONICALISATION
The Net::DNS::Mailbox1035 and Net::DNS::Mailbox2535 subclass packages implement RFC1035 domain name compression and RFC2535 canonicalisation. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c)2009,2012 Dick Franks. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you may redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
perl, Net::DNS, Net::DNS::DomainName, RFC822, RFC1035, RFC5322 perl v5.18.2 2014-01-16 Net::DNS::Mailbox(3)