Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to use ssh execute other shell script on other host (shell script include nohup)? Post 302473051 by Chubler_XL on Thursday 18th of November 2010 08:46:37 PM
Old 11-18-2010
I'd redirect stdout and stderr to logfiles in the autoexec.sh script eg:

Code:
nohup /home/jeck/deletedata.sh > /home/jack/deletedata.log 2>&1 &

Just in case there is some funny issue with deletedata.sh not getting the correct environment, or needing a tty, etc.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

How to include shell script in C program

hi I want to call a shell script in C program the script is : ssh -t user@remote sh /<remote>home/user/<file_name>.sh and other several commands C program : Call this script and the retrive the task that is been done in <file_name>.sh file can any one tell me how... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mridula
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

To call/execute a shell script from a shell script

Hi , I have 4 shell scripts a.ksh b.ksh -> depends on a.ksh success -> log into b.log c.ksh -> depends on b.ksh success -> log into c.log d.ksh -> depends on c.ksh success -> log into d.log I will have to write main.ksh ( execute a.ksh , log into a.log if a.ksh= success, execute... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: konark
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Include PERL script with in the unix shell script

Hi Gurus, Is it possible to include perl script with in the unix shell script? What would be the general syntax? In the above case, is it required to write the below first two lines of codes? #!usr/bin/sh -x #!usr/bin/perl -w Thanks in advance / Mysore Ganapati. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ganapati
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to include a command in shell script?

# dbc "delete from alert;" DELETE 10 # However, the script created below generates an error that command does not exits. Can any one please exist. script.sh: #!/bin/sh dbc "delete from alert;" >>$TASKLOGFILE ./script.sh: line 38: dbc: command not found can any one please... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sureshcisco
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ssh command to execute shell script in another server

ssh -q <hostname> /opt/tcs/satish/tst.ksh ssh -q <anotherserver> /opt/tcs/satish/tst.ksh tst.ksh has "nohup <command> & " when i execute below script , its throwing error as nohup can not be found ssh -q <anotherserver> /opt/tcs/satish/tst.ksh > log & can someone let me... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: only4satish
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script not working with nohup

Hello, I am trying to run a shell script with the nohup command. The shell script takes an array of files, runs a python program on each file in a loop, and appends the output to a file. This works fine on the server, but if I try to use the nohup command it does not work. --- #!/bin/sh... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: ricitron
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to execute one shell script after execution of another shell script?

I have a master shell script master.sh which will invoke 2 shell scripts (test1.sh,test2.sh). Both of these shell scripts will execute stored procedure. I will invoke test1.sh, test2.sh respectively. Now both of these scripts are executing parallel. But i want to invoke the 2nd script(test2.sh)... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vel4ever
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Nohup inside shell script

Hi, I want to run another script inside shelll script in nohup mode. let explain. under the same folder ,I have two scripts scrone.sh scrtwo.sh In scrone.sh if then nohup ./scrtwo.sh & echo " Script two has been run correctly" else echo " Exiting from the script" fi If... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ckchelladurai
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script help to execute ssh remote commands

Hi, The below command is not giving me the count , Can somebody help me in re-writing this pls . Proc_Exist=`ssh -q -o "BatchMode=yes" -o "PasswordAuthentication=no" $OAUSER@${Primary_Node} ps -ef | grep -v grep | grep "${ICM_Proc}" |wc -l ` Also the same problem with below... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Y.balakrishna
13 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to execute setDomainEnv.sh in wblogic via ssh on remote server in shell script?

How to execute setDomainEnv.sh in wblogic via ssh on remote server in shell script we execute setDomainEnv.sh manually as . ./setDomainEnv.sh from its location ie /opt/SP/users/domian/bin" My approach is not working. Please advise. #!/bin/bash set -x base="/opt/SP/users/d1/bin"... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhaydas
5 Replies
rdeliver(1)						      General Commands Manual						       rdeliver(1)

NAME
rdeliver - Ruby mail filter script SYNOPSYS
rdeliver <options> [script] DESCRIPTION
This script serves as an example of how you can use the RFilter::DeliveryAgent class to perform mail delivery. You can also use this script as a fully functioning mail filter. This script is a basic mail local delivery agent (DeliveryAgent) that can be used in place of procmail, maildrop, etc. in a user's .forward or .qmail file. The user supplies a delivery script that is written in Ruby, which avoids the limitations of the crippled mini-languages so often used in other DeliveryAgent programs. USAGE
rdeliver is invoked from the command line using: % rdeliver <options> [script] The script argument is optional. If omitted the script will look for a file called .rdeliver in the home directory. Options are: --load-path directory Prepend the given directory to ruby's load path. --log filename Log to the given filename. If no log is specified, no logging occurs. --home directory Specify the home directory. rdeliver will change to this directory before reading and writing any files. The home directory defaults to the value of the HOME or LOGDIR environment variable. DELIVERY SCRIPT
The delivery script runs in the context of a class called Deliver (in contrast, most ruby scripts run in the context of the Object class). So any methods added with def will be added to the Deliver class. A minimal delivery script would be: def main agent.save('inbox') end This code defines a Deliver#main method that saves the mail into an mbox style mailbox. The only API the Deliver script has is the #agent method. This retrieves the RFilter::DeliveryAgent object associated with the current message. Using the API of the RFilter::DeliveryAgent object, you can access and modify the message body and headers, defer or reject the message delivery, and deliver into various mailbox formats. See also RFilter::DeliveryAgent and Deliver. INSTALLATION
Assuming you have the RubyMail mail classes installed, you typically have to put something like this in your .forward file: |"/usr/bin/rdeliver --log /home/you/.rlog" This will call rdeliver for each new message you get, and log to /home/you/.rlog. CATASTROPHIC ERRORS
The rdeliver script is very careful with errors. If there is any problem, it logs the error to the log file you specify. But if you do not specify a log file, or the error occurs before the log file is opened, a record of the error is placed in a file called CATASTROPH- IC_DELIVERY_FAILURE in the home directory. If that fails, the error information is printed to the standard output in the hopes that it will be part of a bounce message. In all cases, the exit code 75 is returned, which tells the MTA to re-try the delivery again. AUTHOR
rdeliver and RFilter support classes were written by Matt Armstrong <matt@lickey.com>. This document was originally an RD format document of rdeliver script. This manual page was converted from it for Debian GNU/Linux system. September 2003 rdeliver(1)