Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Verify the input
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Verify the input Post 302473029 by newoz on Thursday 18th of November 2010 06:33:29 PM
Old 11-18-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrutinizer
@frans: that will not work in ksh88. It isn't clear what version the OP has..
I try to check the ksh version, but I don't know.

Code:
$ ksh --help
$ exit

$ ksh -VER
-VER: bad option(s)

$ ksh -v
$

My system is solaris 10. Can you tell me how to check the ksh version?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Verify Parameters

I have a unix script written in the korn shell. At the top of the script I call a script that exports the values of the variables I use in my script. I know that when you execute the script using ksh -x it shows you the script running. I was wondering if there was a way you could run the script... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lesstjm
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

verify arguments

thanks for your help, im gonna skip this one and try a different question. thanks for your help though. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bebop1111116
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Verify input parameters

I have to write a script to verify input parameters; say esr should be YES or NO other wise the script should print an error. This is what i tried in my script but I get the following error : esr="YES" if ; then print " Error should specify esr options YES/NO" else esr =$esr fi ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramky79
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash Script verify user input is not empty and is equal to a value

I need to create a script that has a user enter a value. I want to verify that the value is either 1,2, or 3. If it is not then I want them to try entering it again. I am using a while loop to force them to retry. I am able to test the input against 1,2, and 3, but when I test agains an... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: spartiati
4 Replies

5. AIX

verify command

Guy's I have script doing many steps as the below ... ############# ## step1# mount all Files system mount all ## step2# Start the application /app/appsh ############# but some time mount points will not be mounted completely so that will give an error if the next step started... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Mr.AIX
1 Replies

6. Hardware

Verify patching

I patched a linux kernel 2.6.28 with lttng patch. Now I have two folder of linux patched and unpatched. How can I verify whether the linux is patched or unptahced(original version)? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rupeshkp728
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read input files and merge them in given order and write them to input one param or one file

Dear Friends, I am looking for a shell script to merge input files into one file .. here is my idea: 1st paramter would be outfile file (all input files content) read all input files and merge them to input param 1 ex: if I pass 6 file names to the script then 1st file name as output file... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hyd1234
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Verify input parameter is in the list

I need write a Korn shell which accept input parameter. But this input paramter must match one of the string in an existsing file (listkeyword). Can someone one help, how this can be done ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cpchiu
3 Replies

9. Red Hat

Verify multipathing

I have a couple of questions regarding multipath. If I do vgdisplay vg01, I see it is using 1 PV: /dev/dm-13 If I type multipath -ll I see dm-9, dm-10, dm-11, dm-12, but do not see dm-13. Is my vg01 multipathed? How can I actually know for sure? Secondly, let's say this time vg01 says... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: keelba
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash to verify each line in input for specific pattern

In the bash below the out put of a process is written to input. What I am trying to do is read each line in the input and verify/check it for specific text (there are always 6 lines for each file and the specific text for each line is in the description). There will always be 6 lines in each... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
5 Replies
let(1)								   User Commands							    let(1)

NAME
let - shell built-in function to evaluate one or more arithmetic expressions SYNOPSIS
ksh let arg... ksh93 let [expr...] DESCRIPTION
ksh Each arg is a separate arithmetic expression to be evaluated. ksh93 let evaluates each expr in the current shell environment as an arithmetic expression using ANSI C syntax. Variables names are shell vari- ables and they are recursively evaluated as arithmetic expressions to get numerical values. let has been made obsolete by the ((...)) syn- tax of ksh93(1) which does not require quoting of the operators to pass them as command arguments. EXIT STATUS
ksh ksh returns the following exit values: 0 The value of the last expression is non-zero. 1 The value of the last expression is zero. ksh93 ksh93 returns the following exit values: 0 The last expr evaluates to a non-zero value. >0 The last expr evaluates to 0 or an error occurred. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
ksh(1), ksh93(1), set(1), typeset(1), attributes(5) SunOS 5.11 2 Nov 2007 let(1)