Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers Is there and application like "Secunia PSI" for *nix ? Post 302472764 by uxfuser on Thursday 18th of November 2010 04:08:22 AM
Old 11-18-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by pludi
It's pretty much useless on Linux, since almost all current distributions allow you to automatically update the system to the latest security patches, including all applications and plugins installed through the package manager.
Thanks for the reply...

Thats my initial thought too, like you said. But what about applications that aren't installed through the package manager, like Adobe Flash? I installed it through Firefox, but maybe it uses the package manager too?

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Explain the line "mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'`"

Hi Friends, Can any of you explain me about the below line of code? mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'` Im not able to understand, what exactly it is doing :confused: Any help would be useful for me. Lokesha (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lokesha
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

cat $como_file | awk /^~/'{print $1","$2","$3","$4}' | sed -e 's/~//g'

hi All, cat file_name | awk /^~/'{print $1","$2","$3","$4}' | sed -e 's/~//g' Can this be done by using sed or awk alone (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: harshakusam
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to use "cut" or "awk" or "sed" to remove a string

logs: "/home/abc/public_html/index.php" "/home/abc/public_html/index.php" "/home/xyz/public_html/index.php" "/home/xyz/public_html/index.php" "/home/xyz/public_html/index.php" how to use "cut" or "awk" or "sed" to get the following result: abc abc xyz xyz xyz (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: timmywong
8 Replies

5. Solaris

The slices "usr", "opt", "tmp" disappeared!!! Help please.

The system don't boot. on the screen appears following: press enter to maintenance (or type CTRL-D to continue)...I checked with format command. ... the slices "0-root","1-swap","2-backup" exist. ...the slises "3-var","6-usr" -unassigned. :( (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: wolfgang
16 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using "mailx" command to read "to" and "cc" email addreses from input file

How to use "mailx" command to do e-mail reading the input file containing email address, where column 1 has name and column 2 containing “To” e-mail address and column 3 contains “cc” e-mail address to include with same email. Sample input file, email.txt Below is an sample code where... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asjaiswal
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies

8. AIX

Apache 2.4 directory cannot display "Last modified" "Size" "Description"

Hi 2 all, i have had AIX 7.2 :/# /usr/IBMAHS/bin/apachectl -v Server version: Apache/2.4.12 (Unix) Server built: May 25 2015 04:58:27 :/#:/# /usr/IBMAHS/bin/apachectl -M Loaded Modules: core_module (static) so_module (static) http_module (static) mpm_worker_module (static) ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: penchev
3 Replies
Psi Release 2.0 						1

clag(1) 	   PSI COMMANDS FOR UNIX USERS		  clag(1)

NAME
clag - Lagrangian Program written in C. DESCRIPTION
The program clag forms the lagrangian matrix from the one and two particle density matrices and the one and two elec- tron integrals. The lagrangian is used for MCSCF and CI de- rivative calculations. REFERENCES
Lagrangian: 1. A New Dimension to Quantum Chemistry, Y. Yamaguchi, Y. Osamura, J.D. Goddard, H. F. Schaefer III, Oxford Univ. Press, (1994). FILES REQUIRED
input.dat Input file FILE71 Transformed one-electron integrals FILE72 Transformed two-electron integrals FILE73 One-Particle Density Matrix FILE74 Two-Particle Density Matrix FILES UPDATED
FILE75 Lagrangian output.dat INPUT FORMAT
The input for this program is read from the file input.dat. The following keywords are valid: PRINT = integer This option determines the verbosity of the output. A value of 0 prints nothing, a value of 1 prints calcu- lated ci energy and the various components of the ci energy, a value of 2 prints the one- and two-electron contributions to the MO lagrangian as well as the MO lagrangian, a value of 3 prints the one-particle den- sity matrix, and a value of 4 prints the two-particle density matrix. Do not use print = 4 unless the test case is very small. WRITE_CAS_FILES = boolean If TRUE, then write out the following files in canoni- cal form (p>=q, r>=s, pq>=rs) in Pitzer order: one- Psi Release 2.0 Last change: 21 June, 1996 1 clag(1) PSI COMMANDS FOR UNIX USERS clag(1) electron integrals (file81), two-electron integrals (file82), one-particle density matrix (file83), two- particle density matrix (file84), lagrangian (file85). This is temporary and is intended to aid in linking DETCI with CASSCF. Psi Release 2.0 Last change: 21 June, 1996 2