Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers Is there and application like "Secunia PSI" for *nix ? Post 302472762 by pludi on Thursday 18th of November 2010 03:54:22 AM
Old 11-18-2010
It's pretty much useless on Linux, since almost all current distributions allow you to automatically update the system to the latest security patches, including all applications and plugins installed through the package manager.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Explain the line "mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'`"

Hi Friends, Can any of you explain me about the below line of code? mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'` Im not able to understand, what exactly it is doing :confused: Any help would be useful for me. Lokesha (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lokesha
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

cat $como_file | awk /^~/'{print $1","$2","$3","$4}' | sed -e 's/~//g'

hi All, cat file_name | awk /^~/'{print $1","$2","$3","$4}' | sed -e 's/~//g' Can this be done by using sed or awk alone (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: harshakusam
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to use "cut" or "awk" or "sed" to remove a string

logs: "/home/abc/public_html/index.php" "/home/abc/public_html/index.php" "/home/xyz/public_html/index.php" "/home/xyz/public_html/index.php" "/home/xyz/public_html/index.php" how to use "cut" or "awk" or "sed" to get the following result: abc abc xyz xyz xyz (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: timmywong
8 Replies

5. Solaris

The slices "usr", "opt", "tmp" disappeared!!! Help please.

The system don't boot. on the screen appears following: press enter to maintenance (or type CTRL-D to continue)...I checked with format command. ... the slices "0-root","1-swap","2-backup" exist. ...the slises "3-var","6-usr" -unassigned. :( (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: wolfgang
16 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using "mailx" command to read "to" and "cc" email addreses from input file

How to use "mailx" command to do e-mail reading the input file containing email address, where column 1 has name and column 2 containing “To” e-mail address and column 3 contains “cc” e-mail address to include with same email. Sample input file, email.txt Below is an sample code where... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asjaiswal
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies

8. AIX

Apache 2.4 directory cannot display "Last modified" "Size" "Description"

Hi 2 all, i have had AIX 7.2 :/# /usr/IBMAHS/bin/apachectl -v Server version: Apache/2.4.12 (Unix) Server built: May 25 2015 04:58:27 :/#:/# /usr/IBMAHS/bin/apachectl -M Loaded Modules: core_module (static) so_module (static) http_module (static) mpm_worker_module (static) ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: penchev
3 Replies
PSI-CD-HIT.PL(1)						   User Commands						  PSI-CD-HIT.PL(1)

NAME
psi-cd-hit.pl - runs similar algorithm like CD-HIT but using BLAST to calculate similarities DESCRIPTION
Usage psi-cd-hit [Options] Options -i in_dbname, required -o out_dbname, required -c clustering threshold (sequence identity), default 0.3 -ce clustering threshold (blast expect), default -1, it means by default it doesn't use expect threshold, but with positive value, the program cluster seqs if similarities meet either identity threshold or expect threshold -L coverage of shorter sequence ( aligned / full), default 0.0 -M coverage of longer sequence ( aligned / full), default 0.0 -R (1/0) use psi-blast profile? default 0 perform psi-blast / pdb-blast type search -G (1/0) use global identity? default 1 sequence identity calculated as total identical residues of local alignments / length of shorter seq if you prefer to use -G 0, it is suggested that you also use -L, such as -L 0.8, to prevent very short matches. -d length of description line in the .clstr file, default 30 if set to 0, it takes the fasta defline and stops at first space -l length_of_throw_away_sequences, default 10 -p profile search para, default "-a 2 -d nr80 -j 3 -F F -e 0.001 -b 500 -v 500" -bfdb profile database, default nr80 -s blast search para, default "-F F -e 0.000001 -b 100000 -v 100000" -be blast expect cutoff, default 0.000001 -b filename of list of hosts to run this program in parallel with ssh calls, you need provide a list of hosts -pbs No of jobs to send each time by PBS querying system you can not use both ssh and pbs at same time -k (1/0) keep blast raw output file, default 1 -rs steps of save restart file and clustering output, default 5000 everytime after process 5000 sequences, program write a restart file and current clustering information -restart restart file, readin a restart file if program crash, stoped, termitated, you can restart it by add a option "-restart sth.restart" -rf steps of re format blast database, default 200,000 if program clustered 200,000 seqs, it remove them from seq pool, and re format blast db to save time -local dir of local blast db, when run in parallel with ssh (not pbs), I can copy blast dbs to local drives on each node to save blast db reading time BUT, IT MAY NOT FASTER -J job, job_file, exe specific jobs like parse blast outonly DON'T use it, it is only used by this program itself -single files of ids those you known that they are singletons so I won't run them as queries ============================== by Weizhong Li, liwz@sdsc.edu ============================== If you find cd-hit useful, please kindly cite: "Clustering of highly homologous sequences to reduce thesize of large protein database", Weizhong Li, Lukasz Jaroszewski & Adam GodzikBioinformatics, (2001) 17:282-283 "Cd-hit: a fast program for clustering and comparing large sets of protein or nucleotide sequences", Weizhong Li & Adam Godzik Bioinformatics, (2006) 22:1658-1659 psi-cd-hit.pl 4.6-2012-04-25 April 2012 PSI-CD-HIT.PL(1)