Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Identify log files based on time stamp,zip and then copy..HELP Post 302472715 by Chubler_XL on Wednesday 17th of November 2010 10:57:01 PM
Old 11-17-2010
That makes more sense. Do you have GNU date (supports "date --date -1day").

This is also really dependant on the format of ls, I've tested on AIX and my ls output looks like this:
Code:
-rwxr-xr-x    1 chubler users           330 Oct 22 09:01 test
-rw-r--r--    1 chubler users          1301 Oct 13 07:40 test.dat
-rw-r--r--    1 chubler users            38 Oct 29 07:49 test1
drwxr-xr-x    2 chubler users           256 Nov 18 09:29 testdir
-rwxr-xr-x    1 chubler users           400 Oct 29 07:34 testi

If all is OK this should work for GNU date:

Code:
#/bin/ksh
when=`date --date -1day +%b%d`
cd /test/domain
files=`ls -l . | awk ' $1 ~ /^[^d]/ && $6$7 ~ /'${when}'/ { print $9 }'`
[ -n "$files" ] && cat $files | gzip -9c > backup_log/`date +%Y_%m_%d`.log.gz

Otherwise this might do it (Adjust +14 for you timezone, we want to get date reporting the same time but with yesterday's date):

Code:
#/bin/ksh
when=`TZ=GMT+14 date +%b%d`
cd /test/domain
files=`ls -l . |  awk ' $1 ~ /^[^d]/ && $6$7 ~ /'${when}'/ { print $9 }'`
[ -n "$files" ] && cat $files | gzip -9c > backup_log/`date +%Y_%m_%d`.log.gz

Last edited by Chubler_XL; 11-18-2010 at 12:04 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to Zip the files from date Stamp to end date Stamp

Hi, I need to zip the list of files using from date Stamp to end date Stamp, How can I filter and make FromDate_EndDate.gzip? any idea? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: redlotus72
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need to delete the files based on the time stamp of the file

Hi Everyone, I want to delete some files in a path based on the time stamp of the file that is i want to delete the file once in a month. Can any one help me on this? Thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: samudha
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copy all the files with time stamp and remove header,trailer from file

All, I am new to unix and i have the following requirement. I have file(s) landing into input directory with timestamp, first i want to copy all these files into seperate directory then i want to rename these files without timestamp and also remove header,trailer from that file.. Could... (35 Replies)
Discussion started by: ksrams
35 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to search for files based on the time stamp

Hi All, I know the timestamp of a file. Now i would like to list all the files in the with the same time stamp in the same file. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. sunny (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sunny_03
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to copy an alertlog file from a particular time stamp?

Hi, Can any one tell me how to copy an alertlog file from a particular time stamp using shell script? Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: suman_dba1
3 Replies

6. Fedora

Move file based time stamp

Hi all, I've already tired to try to solved this problem. Also search in Internet didn't find anything solution I have a directory like this : # pwd /opt/projects/juventini # ls -al | more total 3627460 drwxr-xr-x 2 app apps 12472320 Sep 24 14:59 . drwxr-xr-x 11 app apps 4096 Jun... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunardo
8 Replies

7. Programming

How to search a file based on a time stamp backwards 10 seconds

Hi all, I'm after some help with this small issue which i'm struggling to work out a fix for. I have a file that contains records that all have a time stamp for each individual record, i need to search the file for a specific time stamp and then search back 10 seconds to see if the number... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sp3arsy
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Time Stamp Range On Log Files

I have created this script #!/bin/sh FILES=/data/log/access_*.log for f in $FILES do echo "Processing $f file" cat $f | awk '{print $1}' | sort | uniq -c | sort -n | tail done It produces this output Processing /data/log/access_abc.log file 114 1.1.1.1 167 2.2.2.2 ... (38 Replies)
Discussion started by: sharingsunshine
38 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search Files on a given path based on latest time stamp

find /app/data -name "Availability" - Below is the output now i need to filter based on latest modified timestamp. I know 3 is the latest modified time stamp but i tried different options but only filtering docs and not on headnote..Can any one tell me how to do that.. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vkiyv05
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Find and copy .zip file based on today's date

Hi Team, I'm new to unix and i have a requirement to copy or move files from one directory to another based on current date mentioned in the .zip file name. Note that i need to copy only the recent zip file. please help me with the code i tried the code as: #! /usr/bin/sh find... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: midhun3108
3 Replies
DATETIME.SETISODATE(3)							 1						    DATETIME.SETISODATE(3)

DateTime::setISODate - Sets the ISO date

Object oriented style

SYNOPSIS
public DateTime DateTime::setISODate (int $year, int $week, [int $day = 1]) DESCRIPTION
Procedural style DateTime date_isodate_set (DateTime $object, int $year, int $week, [int $day = 1]) Set a date according to the ISO 8601 standard - using weeks and day offsets rather than specific dates. PARAMETERS
o $object -Procedural style only: A DateTime object returned by date_create(3). The function modifies this object. o $year - Year of the date. o $week - Week of the date. o $day - Offset from the first day of the week. RETURN VALUES
Returns the DateTime object for method chaining or FALSE on failure. CHANGELOG
+--------+---------------------------------------------------+ |Version | | | | | | | Description | | | | +--------+---------------------------------------------------+ | 5.3.0 | | | | | | | Changed the return value on success from NULL to | | | DateTime. | | | | +--------+---------------------------------------------------+ EXAMPLES
Example #1 DateTime.setISODate(3) example Object oriented style <?php $date = new DateTime(); $date->setISODate(2008, 2); echo $date->format('Y-m-d') . " "; $date->setISODate(2008, 2, 7); echo $date->format('Y-m-d') . " "; ?> Procedural style <?php $date = date_create(); date_isodate_set($date, 2008, 2); echo date_format($date, 'Y-m-d') . " "; date_isodate_set($date, 2008, 2, 7); echo date_format($date, 'Y-m-d') . " "; ?> The above examples will output: 2008-01-07 2008-01-13 Example #2 Values exceeding ranges are added to their parent values <?php $date = new DateTime(); $date->setISODate(2008, 2, 7); echo $date->format('Y-m-d') . " "; $date->setISODate(2008, 2, 8); echo $date->format('Y-m-d') . " "; $date->setISODate(2008, 53, 7); echo $date->format('Y-m-d') . " "; ?> The above example will output: 2008-01-13 2008-01-14 2009-01-04 Example #3 Finding the month a week is in <?php $date = new DateTime(); $date->setISODate(2008, 14); echo $date->format('n'); ?> The above examples will output: 3 SEE ALSO
DateTime.setDate(3), DateTime.setTime(3). PHP Documentation Group DATETIME.SETISODATE(3)