Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Can't compile or install GCC
Operating Systems Linux SuSE Can't compile or install GCC Post 302472686 by jim mcnamara on Wednesday 17th of November 2010 08:45:19 PM
Old 11-17-2010
First off -

are you sure gcc is no there? What is the output of:

Code:
which gcc
echo $PATH

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

How to compile using gcc...

I need to know how to make a binary with gcc. I know how to create an obj file, but I'm not quite sure what to do about the linking part. I've gotten this far "gcc -c somefile.c somefile.o" then I'm left with an object file, but I don't see any linking command line options. Does anyone know how... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lilprogrammer
4 Replies

2. Programming

Error in compile C by gcc

Hi all, I compile my c program and get following result hrnpfc01.c:1387: stray '\' in program hrnpfc01.c:1387: parse error before `,' hrnpfc01.c:1388: stray '\' in program hrnpfc01.c:1388: parse error before `,' hrnpfc01.c:1396: stray '\' in program hrnpfc01.c:1396: parse error before... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: zico
4 Replies

3. AIX

RS/6000 gcc compile large file error

hi, everybody£º i have a question, pls help me¡£ OS : RS/6000 AIX 4.3.3 cPU : Powerpc,POWER3 compiler : gcc 3.2.3 source file £º 8M OS kernel : 32 bit (selecting at installing operating system, the hardware support 64 bit) when i compiling the large source file (8 M), i... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: q30
3 Replies

4. Programming

How to compile a c program by using gcc

Hi all, Yeasterday I try to compile c program by using cygwin. I just find an errors the fist one is concerinig about the end of the line. To summit my Assignment which is the day after tommorow I have to compile my c program by using just gcc. If any one know what do I have to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bell
5 Replies

5. Programming

New to C/gcc compiler - compile error.

I am new to comiling c/c++ programs with gcc compilier unix - AIX version 5.3 gcc compiler version - 4.0.0 My makefile. # makefile 1.0 08/20/98 #CC = cc CC = gcc ESQL = esql CFLAGS = -Wall DBSLIB= DBSLIB=-L${INFORMIXDIR}/lib/esql -L${INFORMIXDIR}/lib `esql -libs` ALL = hds_near... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: anish
9 Replies

6. AIX

Compile gcc on AIX 5.2

I'm trying to compile gcc 3.4.6 on AIX 5.2 but I get this error: bison -t --name-prefix=java_ -o java/parse.c java/parse.y M4sugar requires GNU M4. Install it before installing M4sugar or set the M4 environment variable to its path name.make: *** Broken pipe gcc -c -g -O2 -DIN_GCC -W... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: untamed
7 Replies

7. Solaris

GCC install

well, i know wich GCC can be download by Manager package, easy! but I want install gcc "whith myself hands" I have gcc .tar and i cant install by console. after comand $make: erro ok! i dont have compiler, but i want install gcc! sorry my english... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hyagosallet
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Compiling gcc to compile make to compile yaboot

I have just installed OpenBSD on a 333MHz PPC iMac G3. It has a 6GB HDD that has been partitioned as 1GB MacOS 8.5.1, 3GB MacOS X 10.3.9, 2GB OpenBSD 4.8. I now need to install a bootloader so that my computer can recognize the OpenBSD partition at startup. I have been trying to install... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: t04st3r
0 Replies

9. Red Hat

How to compile httpd using gcc in RHEL?

Hi All, I am trying to compile httpd2.2.19 in RHEL5.5 using gcc version 4.1.2. This is first time I am trying to compile httpd in RHEL. I ran configure with below option ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/apache --enable-rewrite --enable-ssl=shared... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kalpeer
0 Replies

10. Programming

I can't compile (gcc) in Solaris 11.3 non global zone

I can't compile anything, the final make error says "Command failed for target `install-recursive'", but I am not able to identify the root cause of that error, I tried with cc, gcc 4.5, also gcc 5.2, using make, using gmake 3.82, ld 5.11, gld 2.31... and I am totally stuck yet... please help, to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sugar222
4 Replies
PERLDGUX(1)						 Perl Programmers Reference Guide					       PERLDGUX(1)

NAME
perldgux - Perl under DG/UX. SYNOPSIS
One can read this document in the following formats: man perldgux view perl perldgux explorer perldgux.html info perldgux to list some (not all may be available simultaneously), or it may be read as is: as README.dgux. DESCRIPTION
Perl 5.7/8.x for DG/UX ix86 R4.20MU0x BUILDING PERL ON DG
/UX Non-threaded Perl on DG/UX Just run ./Configure script from the top directory. Then give "make" to compile. Threaded Perl on DG/UX If you are using as compiler GCC-2.95.x rev(DG/UX) an easy solution for configuring perl in your DG/UX machine is to run the command: ./Configure -Dusethreads -Duseithreads -Dusedevel -des This will automatically accept all the defaults and in particular /usr/local/ as installation directory. Note that GCC-2.95.x rev(DG/UX) knows the switch -pthread which allows it to link correctly DG/UX's -lthread library. If you want to change the installation directory or have a standard DG/UX with C compiler GCC-2.7.2.x then you have no choice than to do an interactive build by issuing the command: ./Configure -Dusethreads -Duseithreads In particular with GCC-2.7.2.x accept all the defaults and *watch* out for the message: Any additional ld flags (NOT including libraries)? [ -pthread] Instead of -pthread put here -lthread. CGCC-2.7.2.x that comes with the DG/UX OS does NOT know the -pthread switch. So your build will fail if you choose the defaults. After configuration is done correctly give "make" to compile. Testing Perl on DG/UX Issuing a "make test" will run all the tests. If the test lib/ftmp-security gives you as a result something like lib/ftmp-security....File::Temp::_gettemp: Parent directory (/tmp/) is not safe (sticky bit not set when world writable?) at lib/ftmp-security.t line 100 don't panic and just set the sticky bit in your /tmp directory by doing the following as root: cd / chmod +t /tmp (=set the sticky bit to /tmp). Then rerun the tests. This time all must be OK. Installing the built perl on DG/UX Run the command "make install" AUTHOR
Takis Psarogiannakopoulos University of Cambridge Centre for Mathematical Sciences Department of Pure Mathematics Wilberforce road Cambridge CB3 0WB , UK email <takis@XFree86.Org> SEE ALSO
perl(1). perl v5.16.3 2013-03-04 PERLDGUX(1)