Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: GNU findutils
Operating Systems AIX GNU findutils Post 302472673 by Eben Yong on Wednesday 17th of November 2010 07:51:17 PM
Old 11-17-2010
GNU findutils

Hi, We are running 64-bit AIX 6.1. I have gcc 4.2.0 on our system. I'd like to get the latest copy of GNU findutils on the server. From what I see, I have two basic options: 1) download source code and compile using gcc or 2) download rpm and install. Would someone please point me in the right direction? I'd also appreciate pointers to a tutorial or two so that I can get the software installed and working. Thanks very much.
-Eben

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Gnu C

hello, i have use only TURBO C for programming.i used to did only on windows OS. but now i am trying to program on Linux systems.so i heard about GNU C tools and compiler. i am a bit confused and i want to know a very simplified answer for it. can anybody help me. what a heck is this GNU...... ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vibhory2j
1 Replies

2. News, Links, Events and Announcements

GNU/Solaris

i am looking forward to this one: http://www.opensolaris.org/jive/message.jspa?messageID=11672#11672 i thought that the gentoo community would release the first opensolaris distri, but perhabs we will get a chance to try opensolaris within 1/2 hour installation and not 12 hours "gentoo-stage_1"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pressy
2 Replies

3. UNIX and Linux Applications

GNU Emacs Help

Hey everybody! Not sure if this goes here, but I think it's the best fit. I was just wondering, how do I use a compiler from Emacs? Also, how do I turn syntax highlighting on? Thanks in advance! (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: led3234
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

GNU screen

Hello, One of the things I like about screen is that it has a scrollback buffer, which if you go into the copy mode, will let you go back for a specified number of line. Is there a way to extend the number of scrollback lines in screen? I've looked thoroughly online and I could not find a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: neked
2 Replies

5. BSD

Anyone using GNU BSD?

Is anyone using or planning to use GNU BSD in production yet? I'd like to hear experiences. (Debian GNU/NetBSD) (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: vpsville
8 Replies

6. HP-UX

Installing GNU findutils

Hi, Could someone let me know, how to install GNU findutils in HP-UX. Thanks in advance. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pradebban
3 Replies

7. Debian

GNU Barcodes

I wish to be able to print a barcode .5 inches from top of the page and centered. I generate the barcode - yes 12345 | head -84 | barcode -p 5x5.0cm -umm -e CODE39 > test.ps; and print - lpr -o media=letter -#1 -P LJ1012 /var/www/test.ps -o page-top=33 -o page-bottom=44 -o... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Meow613
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

GNU = inventions that nobody wants?

Stumbled over this today on GNU/Linux, output from ps -fp : UID PID PPID C STIME TTY TIME CMD root 3516 1 0 2017 ? 00:00:13 syslogd -m 0 UID PID PPID C STIME TTY TIME CMD syslog 2952 1 0 2017 ? 00:02:08 rsyslogdSTIME showing... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: MadeInGermany
8 Replies
g-wrap-config(1)					      General Commands Manual						  g-wrap-config(1)

NAME
g-wrap-config - script to get information about the installed version of G-Wrap SYNOPSIS
g-wrap-config [ --version ] [ --c-compile-args LANG | --c-link-args LANG | --guile-module-directory ] DESCRIPTION
g-wrap-config is a tool that is used to configure and determine the compiler and linker flags that should be used to compile and link progams, libraries, and plugins that use G-Wrap. However, since G-Wrap 1.9, this tool has been deprecated in favor of pkg-config(1). New code should use the g-wrap-2.0-guile pkg-config module, g-wrap-config only exists for compatibility reasons. OPTIONS
--c-compile-args LANG Print the compiler flags that are necessary to compile a program or library that uses the G-Wrap language binding for LANG. --c-link-args LANG Print the linker flags that are necessary to link a program that uses the G-Wrap language binding for LANG. --version Prints the currently installed version of G-Wrap on standard output. EXAMPLES
gcc -o main.o $(g-wrap-config --c-compile-args guile) main.c is how you might use g-wrap-config to compile a C source file for an executable program. gcc -o my_app $(g-wrap-config --c-link-args guile) main.o util.o is how you might use g-wrap-config to link compiled objects into an executable program. AUTHOR
G-Wrap has been written by Andreas Rottmann, Rob Browning and Christopher Lee. This manual page was written by Andreas Rottmann, originally for the Debian Project. G-Wrap 1.9 2005-05-01 g-wrap-config(1)