Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Identify log files based on time stamp,zip and then copy..HELP Post 302472606 by skdas_niladri on Wednesday 17th of November 2010 02:50:01 PM
Old 11-17-2010
Identify log files based on time stamp,zip and then copy..HELP

Hi All,
PFB is a requirement. I am new to shell scripting. So plz help. It would be highly appreciated.

1. choose all the log files based on a particular date (files location is '/test/domain')--i.e,we should choose all the files that are modified on 29th November, neither 28th nor 30th
2. zip the files (concatenating the files into a single one is OK)
3. name the zip file as the current date (when the shell script is run)
4. copy the zip file to backup_log folder (location would be '/test/domain/backup_log')
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
example of a log file name is application.log.1, application.log.2 and so on

---------- Post updated at 02:50 PM ---------- Previous update was at 02:48 PM ----------

by the way it is ksh UNIX environ.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to Zip the files from date Stamp to end date Stamp

Hi, I need to zip the list of files using from date Stamp to end date Stamp, How can I filter and make FromDate_EndDate.gzip? any idea? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: redlotus72
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need to delete the files based on the time stamp of the file

Hi Everyone, I want to delete some files in a path based on the time stamp of the file that is i want to delete the file once in a month. Can any one help me on this? Thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: samudha
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copy all the files with time stamp and remove header,trailer from file

All, I am new to unix and i have the following requirement. I have file(s) landing into input directory with timestamp, first i want to copy all these files into seperate directory then i want to rename these files without timestamp and also remove header,trailer from that file.. Could... (35 Replies)
Discussion started by: ksrams
35 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to search for files based on the time stamp

Hi All, I know the timestamp of a file. Now i would like to list all the files in the with the same time stamp in the same file. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. sunny (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sunny_03
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to copy an alertlog file from a particular time stamp?

Hi, Can any one tell me how to copy an alertlog file from a particular time stamp using shell script? Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: suman_dba1
3 Replies

6. Fedora

Move file based time stamp

Hi all, I've already tired to try to solved this problem. Also search in Internet didn't find anything solution I have a directory like this : # pwd /opt/projects/juventini # ls -al | more total 3627460 drwxr-xr-x 2 app apps 12472320 Sep 24 14:59 . drwxr-xr-x 11 app apps 4096 Jun... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunardo
8 Replies

7. Programming

How to search a file based on a time stamp backwards 10 seconds

Hi all, I'm after some help with this small issue which i'm struggling to work out a fix for. I have a file that contains records that all have a time stamp for each individual record, i need to search the file for a specific time stamp and then search back 10 seconds to see if the number... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sp3arsy
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Time Stamp Range On Log Files

I have created this script #!/bin/sh FILES=/data/log/access_*.log for f in $FILES do echo "Processing $f file" cat $f | awk '{print $1}' | sort | uniq -c | sort -n | tail done It produces this output Processing /data/log/access_abc.log file 114 1.1.1.1 167 2.2.2.2 ... (38 Replies)
Discussion started by: sharingsunshine
38 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search Files on a given path based on latest time stamp

find /app/data -name "Availability" - Below is the output now i need to filter based on latest modified timestamp. I know 3 is the latest modified time stamp but i tried different options but only filtering docs and not on headnote..Can any one tell me how to do that.. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vkiyv05
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Find and copy .zip file based on today's date

Hi Team, I'm new to unix and i have a requirement to copy or move files from one directory to another based on current date mentioned in the .zip file name. Note that i need to copy only the recent zip file. please help me with the code i tried the code as: #! /usr/bin/sh find... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: midhun3108
3 Replies
FSCK-LARCH(1)						      General Commands Manual						     FSCK-LARCH(1)

NAME
fsck-larch - verify that a larch B-tree is internally consistent SYNOPSIS
fsck-larch [--config=FILE] [--dump-config] [--dump-memory-profile=METHOD] [--dump-setting-names] [--fix] [--generate-manpage=TEMPLATE] [-h] [--help] [--list-config-files] [--log=FILE] [--log-keep=N] [--log-level=LEVEL] [--log-max=SIZE] [--log-mode=MODE] [--no-default-configs] [--output=FILE] [--trace=PATTERN] [--version] [FILE]... DESCRIPTION
fsck-larch reads an on-disk, committed B-tree created by the larch Python library, and verifies that it is internally consistent. It re- ports any problems it finds, but does not currently fix them. OPTIONS
--config=FILE add FILE to config files --dump-config write out the entire current configuration --dump-memory-profile=METHOD make memory profiling dumps using METHOD, which is one of: none, simple, meliae, or heapy (default: simple) --dump-setting-names write out all names of settings and quit --fix fix problems found? --generate-manpage=TEMPLATE fill in manual page TEMPLATE -h, --help show this help message and exit --list-config-files list all possible config files --log=FILE write log entries to FILE (default is to not write log files at all); use "syslog" to log to system log, or "none" to disable log- ging --log-keep=N keep last N logs (10) --log-level=LEVEL log at LEVEL, one of debug, info, warning, error, critical, fatal (default: debug) --log-max=SIZE rotate logs larger than SIZE, zero for never (default: 0) --log-mode=MODE set permissions of new log files to MODE (octal; default 0600) --no-default-configs clear list of configuration files to read --output=FILE write output to FILE, instead of standard output --trace=PATTERN add PATTERN to trace patterns --version show program's version number and exit SEE ALSO
Larch home page (http://liw.fi/larch/). FSCK-LARCH(1)