Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: First Java Application
Top Forums Programming First Java Application Post 302472578 by Corona688 on Wednesday 17th of November 2010 01:12:41 PM
Old 11-17-2010
Here's some sample code that might help. If you're still familiarizing yourself with SQL as well, you might also find use in this reference.

[edit] On reread, whoa. Why are you making a database connection if you want to run shell commands? No wonder you're at a roadblock. Try a SSH connection.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Java application getting killed automatically in Solaris

Hi to all, I have developed a Java application for Solaris 10. I am uing JDK 5. But it is getting killed after some time. And at the terminal, I got message as Killed. I am new to Solaris. Can anybody help me? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashish.nijai
3 Replies

2. Programming

Ping remote UNIX machine from a java application

Hi Friends, Can some one please guide me on how to make a script run on a remote UNIX machine from a java application. Or may if you can just tell me how do u ping to the remote UNIX machine using java code. Been looking for the solution since 5-6 hrs, didn't got any where near :( Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sanjay MD
1 Replies

3. UNIX and Linux Applications

sun java application server 8.2

i had a confusion on the installed directory of my application server a. if I create a domain w/o putting in directory, the domain automatically goes to /var/appserver/domains directory. I need it to be under /opt/SUNWappserver/domains.. If I will include this in domain creation, may logs are... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lhareigh890
0 Replies

4. Programming

Java application dying randomly

Hi, (First post, please be gental!) I have a java app that I am running on unix (centos) But it keeps dying randomly. The times seem random from anything between 3 hours and 3 days. I have a cronjob running to restart it when ever it dies but I would rather this happened less often. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sm9ai
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Java Application slowness with Xmanager

Hi! I have a m3000 server with solaris 10. Clients connecting to server using Xmanager. But when they open a Java based application its very slow and some times hanging. But when I tried with VNC it works fine. Is this a BUG in Xmanager? Or Is there any method to solve this? Thanks, Charith (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: charith.upendra
3 Replies
URI::URL(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       URI::URL(3)

NAME
URI::URL - Uniform Resource Locators SYNOPSIS
$u1 = URI::URL->new($str, $base); $u2 = $u1->abs; DESCRIPTION
This module is provided for backwards compatibility with modules that depend on the interface provided by the "URI::URL" class that used to be distributed with the libwww-perl library. The following differences exist compared to the "URI" class interface: o The URI::URL module exports the url() function as an alternate constructor interface. o The constructor takes an optional $base argument. The "URI::URL" class is a subclass of "URI::WithBase". o The URI::URL->newlocal class method is the same as URI::file->new_abs. o URI::URL::strict(1) o $url->print_on method o $url->crack method o $url->full_path: same as ($uri->abs_path || "/") o $url->netloc: same as $uri->authority o $url->epath, $url->equery: same as $uri->path, $uri->query o $url->path and $url->query pass unescaped strings. o $url->path_components: same as $uri->path_segments (if you don't consider path segment parameters) o $url->params and $url->eparams methods o $url->base method. See URI::WithBase. o $url->abs and $url->rel have an optional $base argument. See URI::WithBase. o $url->frag: same as $uri->fragment o $url->keywords: same as $uri->query_keywords o $url->localpath and friends map to $uri->file. o $url->address and $url->encoded822addr: same as $uri->to for mailto URI o $url->groupart method for news URI o $url->article: same as $uri->message SEE ALSO
URI, URI::WithBase COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1998-2000 Gisle Aas. perl v5.18.2 2012-02-11 URI::URL(3)