Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Piping Unix Variable Array values into AWK Post 302472575 by anbu23 on Wednesday 17th of November 2010 01:02:56 PM
Old 11-17-2010
You should append to the file instead of overwriting the file
Code:
awk -v l="$lastdate" '/^....-..-../&&$0>l{d=$0}d&&/Error: '"${ERROR}"'/{print d,$0}' $logfile >> $tempfile

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

split variable values into array

i have these values inside variable $blah BUNGA TERATAI 3 5055 ITH 1 0 0 0 1 1 JADE TRADER 143W ITH 4 0 0 0 4 4 MOL SPLENDOR 0307A ITH 3 0 0 0 3 3 so how do I split them into array with the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: finalight
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

fetching values using awk and storing into array

hi all I am using awk utility to parse the file and fetching two different vaues from two different record of a record set. I am able to see the result, now i want to store the result and perform some check of each values form database to mark valid and invalid. could you please help me... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: singhald
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to print array values whose name is inside a variable

I have a array as CArray=( a1 a2 ) and a1,a2,a3 are also array as: a1=(1 2 3) a2=(3 4 5) now I have this in my code: for i in `echo "${CArray}"` do echo ${$i} done It is giving error as :"bad substitution" It should give me value as 1 2 3 3 4 5 how can I get this...Can u please... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: joshilalit2004
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

sort piping to awk array - help please

Hi I'm just learning programming and need some help. I've taken a data file which has a list of numbers eg: 3 5 32 533 13 2 And I've used sort -n and to sort and then piped it to awk to arrange into an array. #!/bin/sh sort -n data.txt | awk ' { array=$1 } (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: EL_Chemso
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Array in awk outputs multiple values

Disclaimer: OP is 100% Awk beginner. I use this code on ASCII files I need to report against. awk 'BEGIN { tokens = 0 tokens = 0 tokens = 0 } { for (token in tokens) { if ($1 == token){print $0; tokens++;}}} END {for (token in tokens){ if( tokens ==... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alan
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Store values from a file into an array variable in Shell

Dear All, I have been trying to do a simple task of extracting 2 fields from the file (3 rows) and store it in an array variable. I tried with: #! /bin/bash ch=`cut -f10 tmp.txt` counter=0 for p in $pid do c=${ch} echo "$c ..$counter" counter=$((counter+1))... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ezhil01
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

storing multiple values in a array variable

Am using a find command in my script .The output may be one or more. I need to store those values in a array and need to access those. Am unable to find the solution . Any help on this will be helpful. if < code> else a=<find command output which gives the file name either 1 or more> if 1... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rogerben
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

error while updating rows in sql with values in array variable

Hi, I need to update rows in a table based on the values in an array variable. code is : while read line do error_msg="$(echo $line)" index=`expr $index+1` done <"logs/$ffile" rows_count=${#error_msg } i=0 while do echo "error msgs is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: RP09
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get value from array and set those values as a variable

I am new to ksh scripting, specially array. How do i get values from an array and set the value as variable and pass those variables to the different functions?? someone taught me how to get input from a file with have columns i need to read, but now i doesnt know how to set those value to be a... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: gavin_L
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Attach variable to array values

Hi All, Need a help. I am just learning Shell scripting. Need a requirement like to attach variable to array values. Value of from is AF and to is AD. froml=$(echo $from | tr '' '') tol=$(echo $to | tr '' '') Schemas=(AWQM WFCONTROLLER PROVCO PRISM) for s in "${Schemas}" do ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pvmanikandan
3 Replies
PAPS(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   PAPS(1)

NAME
paps - UTF-8 to PostScript converter using Pango SYNOPSIS
paps [options] files... DESCRIPTION
paps reads a UTF-8 encoded file and generates a PostScript language rendering of the file. The rendering is done by creating outline curves through the pango ft2 backend. OPTIONS
These programs follow the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. --landscape Landscape output. Default is portrait. --columns=cl Number of columns output. Default is 1. --font=desc Set the font description. Default is Monospace 12. --rtl Do rtl layout. --paper ps Choose paper size. Known paper sizes are legal, letter, a4. Default is A4. --bottom-margin=bm Set bottom margin in postscript points (1/72 inch). Default is 36. --top-margin=tm Set top margin. Default is 36. --left-margin=lm Set left margin. Default is 36. --right-margin=rm Set right margin. Default is 36. --help Show summary of options. --header Draw page header for each page. --markup Interpret the text as pango markup. --encoding=ENCODING Assume the documentation encoding is ENCODING. --lpi Set the lines per inch. This determines the line spacing. --cpi Set the characters per inch. This is an alternative method of specifying the font size. --stretch-chars Indicates that characters should be stretched in the y-direction to fill up their vertical space. This is similar to the texttops behaviour. AUTHOR
paps was written by Dov Grobgeld <dov.grobgeld@gmail.com>. This manual page was written by Lior Kaplan <kaplan@debian.org>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). April 17, 2006 PAPS(1)