Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Direct input to a script from a file Post 302472314 by faizlo on Tuesday 16th of November 2010 08:27:52 PM
Old 11-16-2010
We don't have k-shell on our machines Smilie
Also, what do you mean <DO YOUR STUFF> do you mean ./script.sh?
I could not find script.sh in your script.

~faizlo

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to direct a script to a new web page after a script got completed?

Hi , I have a cgi code with shell script on it.I am submitting a form in the first.cgi.These values are posted to second.cgi.Second.cgi do some process with these values. After that i want to direct my page from second.cgi to first.cgi. What is the command i can use from cgi(shell) script? ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajbal
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Direct the output of a script to a log file

Hi, I have a script to compare 2 files. file1=$1 file2=$2 num_of_records_file1=`awk ' END { print NR } ' $file1` num_of_records_file2=`awk ' END { print NR } ' $file2` i=1 while do sed -n "$i"p $file1 > file1_temp sed -n "$i"p $file2 > file2_temp diff file1_temp... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: autosys_nm
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to direct scp output to a file in bash shell or script

I can run this from the command line: scp -i identfile /path/file_to_send remotelogin@remotebox:/path_to_put_it/file_to_send and I get: file_to_send 100% |***************************************************************************| 0 00:00 but if I do: scp -i identfile... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: NewSolarisAdmin
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need script to take input from file, match on it in file 2 and input data

All, I am trying to figure out a script to run in windows that will allow me to match on First column in file1 to 8th Column in File2 then Insert file1 column2 to file2 column4 then create a new file. File1: 12345 Sam 12346 Bob 12347 Bill File2:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: darkoth
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

re-direct to log file

#!/bin/ksh -x cd /tmp/tj ftp -n servername.com << DONE user username password as put test.log quit close DONE echo "testing..." sh -x scriptname, and it shows all, but username, as, put, quit, close, DONE. how can i see those ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tjmannonline
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to delete files with an input for directories and an input for path/file

Hello, I'm trying to figure out how best to approach this script, and I have very little experience, so I could use all the help I can get. :wall: I regularly need to delete files from many directories. A file with the same name may exist any number of times in different subdirectories.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: *ShadowCat*
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connect direct script for unix

I want to connect direct a xml file and a excel file each separately from unix system to another unix system.The size of the xml file and excel file may vary each time. Below is the possible connect direct script to transfer the files.Please check if it is correct? Also does DCB parameter... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bk_12345
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Manipulating sed Direct Input to Direct Output

Hi guys, been scratching round the forums and my mountain of resources. Maybe I havn't read deep enough My question is not how sed edits a stream and outputs it to a file, rather something like this below: I have a .txt with some text in it :rolleyes: abc:123:xyz 123:abc:987... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: the0nion
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

File not exist in direct

friends can do this from unix AIX I need to ask for a file that does not exist then if file.txt * **** echo "execute procedure" else *** echo "File does not exist" if You can sucedere that the file does not exist (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tricampeon81
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Disk Space Script to direct output

Hi, I am working on Sun Solaris 5.10 and want to direct the output from a disk space check script to an output file; #!/bin/bash CURRENT=$(df -k /log/logs | grep /log/logs | awk '{ print $5}' | sed 's/%//g') THRESHOLD=30 if ; then echo "Remaining free space is low" > output.txt else... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: SSKAAB
10 Replies
SCRIPT(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						 SCRIPT(1)

NAME
script -- make typescript of terminal session SYNOPSIS
script [-a] [-k] [-q] [-t time] [file [command ...]] DESCRIPTION
The script utility makes a typescript of everything printed on your terminal. It is useful for students who need a hardcopy record of an interactive session as proof of an assignment, as the typescript file can be printed out later with lpr(1). If the argument file is given, script saves all dialogue in file. If no file name is given, the typescript is saved in the file typescript. If the argument command ... is given, script will run the specified command with an optional argument vector instead of an interactive shell. Options: -a Append the output to file or typescript, retaining the prior contents. -k Log keys sent to program as well as output. -q Run in quiet mode, omit the start and stop status messages. -t time Specify time interval between flushing script output file. A value of 0 causes script to flush for every character I/O event. The default interval is 30 seconds. The script ends when the forked shell (or command) exits (a control-D to exit the Bourne shell (sh(1)), and exit, logout or control-d (if ignoreeof is not set) for the C-shell, csh(1)). Certain interactive commands, such as vi(1), create garbage in the typescript file. The script utility works best with commands that do not manipulate the screen. The results are meant to emulate a hardcopy terminal, not an addressable one. ENVIRONMENT
The following environment variable is utilized by script: SHELL If the variable SHELL exists, the shell forked by script will be that shell. If SHELL is not set, the Bourne shell is assumed. (Most shells set this variable automatically). SEE ALSO
csh(1) (for the history mechanism). HISTORY
The script command appeared in 3.0BSD. BUGS
The script utility places everything in the log file, including linefeeds and backspaces. This is not what the naive user expects. It is not possible to specify a command without also naming the script file because of argument parsing compatibility issues. When running in -k mode, echo cancelling is far from ideal. The slave terminal mode is checked for ECHO mode to check when to avoid manual echo logging. This does not work when in a raw mode where the program being run is doing manual echo. BSD
June 6, 1993 BSD