Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting create csv in ksh from tricky log file Post 302472263 by Scrutinizer on Tuesday 16th of November 2010 04:42:27 PM
Old 11-16-2010
Try:
Code:
awk -F'[ \t,_:.]*' '{print $5","$9":"$10":"$11"."$15}' infile

Code:
awk -F'[ \t,_:.]*' '{print $5","$9":"$10":"$11"."$12","$15}' infile

Last edited by Scrutinizer; 11-16-2010 at 06:03 PM.. Reason: $12 changed to $15
This User Gave Thanks to Scrutinizer For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Eval Tricky Manipulation of Arry in KSH - Help

Hi, Could any one share the intelligence to track this problem. I have any array BT_META_36 and it prints properly with contents of array. # print "BT_META_36=${BT_META_36}" # BT_META_36=cab3,cab4:HDS:052,07A cab3,cab4:HDS:052,07A Now I have a BT_META_36 assigned to a variable.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajilesh
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command to create and update csv file

Hi, I need to create a csv file to store oracle query output. This report need to be created on hourly basis. The csv file report format as "Report_22_Sep_09_13IST.csv". I have the oracle query. Now i need to create and move the oracle query output to the report row by row starting from 3rd row.... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sekar1
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh script to create a generic csv file from different source formats

Hi all, I have a requirement to create a "superset" file out of a number of different sources with some different and some same columns. We intend to have a manually updateable SuperSetCols.csv which would look like "ColA","ColB","ColC","ColD","ColE","ColF","ColG" so someday we may add... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Leedor
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

csv file editing using KSH

I'm trying to write a shell script to extract useful fields in a csv file and copy them to a new file: the input file is as below when opened using notepad++: //////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ,"A", , , ,24,18,0,0,42,0 , ,B, ,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zekruss
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create Log File in ksh itself

Hi, I want to create a log file for a running ksh , and the log file absolute path I want to give in ksh itself. To elaborate this - Say I have a ksh - timer.ksh and I want to create a log timer_log.log when I run, to trace this. I am aware of the fact that this can be done using redirection... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinay4889
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare 2 csv files in ksh and o/p the difference in a new csv file

(say) I have 2 csv files - file1.csv & file2.csv as mentioned below: file1.csv ID,version,cost 1000,1,30 2000,2,40 3000,3,50 4000,4,60 file2.csv ID,version,cost 1000,1,30 2000,2,45 3000,4,55 6000,5,70 The... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Naresh101
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to create a CSV file

I created a script that will go out and so a "/sbin/chkconfig --list | egrep XXX" against a server list that would create an output file like the following example: ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------- SERVER1 RC_Script_1 0:off 1:off 2:off... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: asnatlas
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help. How to create csv file?

Hi I'm a beginner and I have some problem. I have multiple files in the same directory which has one column but rows following the format. File: directory/Disk.txt Content: a b c d e File: directory/Memory.txt a b c d e File: directory/CPU.txt (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: thenuie
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare 2 files of csv file and match column data and create a new csv file of them

Hi, I am newbie in shell script. I need your help to solve my problem. Firstly, I have 2 files of csv and i want to compare of the contents then the output will be written in a new csv file. File1: SourceFile,DateTimeOriginal /home/intannf/foto/IMG_0713.JPG,2015:02:17 11:14:07... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: refrain
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create csv from text file

Gents, I am trying to create a csv file using the file attached. I have a problem to get all information required because the rows are not continues. Here is my code till now. awk ' /"ffid"/{if(s){print s;s=$NF}else{s=$NF}} /"LineNumber"/{s=s $NF} /"PointNumber"/{s=s $NF}... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jiam912
4 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangExt(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangExt - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangExt; $lext = code2langext('acm'); # $lext gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langext2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langext_codes(); @names = all_langext_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangExt" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language extensions, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language extensions. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langext('acm','alpha'); $lext = code2langext('acm',LOCALE_LANGEXT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'acm' for Mesopotamian Arabic. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langext2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langext_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langext_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langext_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.3 2013-02-27 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3)