Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting copying selected records from two columns to another file Post 302472111 by vgersh99 on Tuesday 16th of November 2010 10:04:45 AM
Old 11-16-2010
Code:
nawk 'FNR>1{for(i=1;i<=NF;i+=2) if ($(i+1)>0.1) print $i,$(i+1)}' myFile

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copying selected content from file

I want to capture contents of a file between 2 strings into another file for eg all lines in between the keywords "start log" and "end log" should be copied into another file (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: misenkiser
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to place selected columns from a group of files side by side in a new file

Hi Everyone, I need a shell/perl script to bring selected columns from all the files located in a directory and place them in a new file side by side. File1: a b c d 2 3 4 5 f g h i .......... File2: I II III IV w x y z .............. and so on many files are there...... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ks_reddy
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare selected columns from a file and print difference

I have learned file comparison from my previous post here. Then, it is comparing the whole line. Now, i have a new problem. I have two files with 3 columns separated with a "|". What i want to do is to compare the second and third column of file 1, and the second and third column of file 2. And... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kingpeejay
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Getting rid of selected columns

Hi All, I've got a file like this: a 1 0 0 0 1 0 0 1 1 3 3 1 4 4 4 b 1 0 0 0 1 4 4 1 3 1 1 4 4 2 2 c 1 0 0 0 2 0 0 3 3 1 3 1 1 2 4 d 1 0 0 0 2 0 0 1 1 0 0 4 4 2 4 The file has ~4200 entries. I need to exclude those columns that are zeros for all those rows that have 2 in column 6. For... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: zajtat
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copying and Pasting columns from one text file to another

I have a tab delimited text file that I want to cut columns 3,4,5 from. Then I want to paste these columns into a space delimited text file between columns 2 and 3. I still want to keep the space delimited format in the final text file. How do I go about doing that? Thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: evelibertine
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk script for getting the selected records from a file.

Hello, I have attached one file named file.txt . I have to create a file using the awk script with the records in which 38th position is P and not V . ex it should have 00501 HOLTSVILLE NYP00501 and it should not include 00501 I R S SERVICE CENTER ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sonam273
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

transpose selected columns

Can I transform input like the below ? Note: Insert zeros if there is no value to transform. Input key name score key1 abc 10 key2 abc 20 key1 xxx 100 key2 xxx 20 key1 zzz 0 key2 zzz 29 key3 zzz 129 key1 yyy 39output abc ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: quincyjones
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to find blank records in a file except for few columns

I have a file with the following format: X|High|2|GIC|DM||XHM|||6 Months X|Moderate|2|GIC|DM||XHM|||6 Months X|High|2|GCM|DM||XSF|||6 Months X|Med|2|GCM|DM||XSF|||6 Here there are ten columns but I need to print rows having blank records in any of the rows (except for 6th,8th and 9th... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: chatwithsaurav
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to filter records in a zip file that contains matching columns from another file

Not sure if this is the correct forum for this question. I have two files. file1.zip, file2 Input: file1.zip col1, col2 , col3 a , b , 0:0:0:0:0:c436:9346:d40b x, y, 0:0:0:0:0:880:39f9:c9a7 m, n , 0:0:0:0:0:80c7:9161:fe00 file2.txt col1 c4:36:93:46:d4:0b... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anil.v
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Reading and copying a selected rows

Dear All, I have a data file input.res like below. (Only six column shown here for example.) Sequence of first column starting from 1 to 148. Input file 1 Q0 9_August_2014_Entertainment2 0 20.14967806339729 BM25b1.0 1 Q0 13_October_2012_Page323 1 20.134224346765738 BM25b1.0 1 Q0... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: imranrasheedamu
2 Replies
ucblinks(1B)					     SunOS/BSD Compatibility Package Commands					      ucblinks(1B)

NAME
ucblinks - adds /dev entries to give SunOS 4.x compatible names to SunOS 5.x devices SYNOPSIS
/usr/ucb/ucblinks [-e rulebase] [-r rootdir] DESCRIPTION
ucblinks creates symbolic links under the /dev directory for devices whose SunOS 5.x names differ from their SunOS 4.x names. Where possi- ble, these symbolic links point to the device's SunOS 5.x name rather than to the actual /devices entry. ucblinks does not remove unneeded compatibility links; these must be removed by hand. ucblinks should be called each time the system is reconfiguration-booted, after any new SunOS 5.x links that are needed have been created, since the reconfiguration may have resulted in more compatibility names being needed. In releases prior to SunOS 5.4, ucblinks used a nawk rule-base to construct the SunOS 4.x compatible names. ucblinks no longer uses nawk for the default operation, although nawk rule-bases can still be specifed with the -e option. The nawk rule-base equivalent to the SunOS 5.4 default operation can be found in /usr/ucblib/ucblinks.awk. OPTIONS
-e rulebase Specify rulebase as the file containing nawk(1) pattern-action statements. -r rootdir Specify rootdir as the directory under which dev and devices will be found, rather than the standard root directory /. FILES
/usr/ucblib/ucblinks.awk sample rule-base for compatibility links ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWscpu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
devlinks(1M), disks(1M), ports(1M), tapes(1M), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 13 Apr 1994 ucblinks(1B)