Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting An issue with condition statement in shell script Post 302472075 by palsevlohit_123 on Tuesday 16th of November 2010 07:55:44 AM
Old 11-16-2010
The first issue was we should not include the $ during read input
Second in the test you can't test a string.

Can you try the below... It should work for you

Code:
#! /bin/ksh
echo " enter value of mon"
read mon
if [ -f load.sh ]
then
        if [ "$mon" != "" ]
        then
                load.sh "$mon"
        else
                echo "Failed"
        fi
else
        echo "Failed"
fi

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

need help with test condition in shell script

I'm new to scripting and I need help with a bourn shell script. What i'm trying to do is a test condition where "if the time is within 2 hours, it's true" and so on. The time is in the following format DATE=`/bin/date +"%Y%m%d%H%S"` for example, 20060907152000. So, what the script first... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: pieman8080
9 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with shell script to check the condition.

:) Hi, I want to script for this scenerio, OSR Settings Scenario : We are looking to find all the *.a files from the following locations in the filesystem of a server. OSR Directories /etc /bin /usr/bin /usr/sbin /var/adm These *.a files should have the permissions on... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: sakthilinux
12 Replies

3. AIX

if condition in AIX5.3-10 shell script

True if file exists and has been modified since it was last read. if then command else exit fi i am on AIX5.3-10. it does not understand -N any other way. i can use -ot (file1 is older than file2), but prefer -N if possible. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tjmannonline
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

IF condition against a ARRAY in shell script

Hi, I want to check a particular string inserted by User to be checked against the values i already have in a ARRAY string using IF condition. Is this possible? if yes how to do that. example : i have a,b,c,d,e,f values in a array called values i asked user to enter a value: user entered... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kukretiabhi13
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

If then Else statement in shell script

Hi, I am having a shell Script which i need to modify. I am new to shell scripting , needs help. The Logic which needs to be incorporated is as follows :- The script need to check the length of first Line in a data fine and of the length of the file is > 130 then validated the input... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mvichare
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

While condition in shell script

while do if ;then read driverName else driverName="" fi done can anyone please explain what exactly is happening on 1st line...is it like the conditions being ORed...I have no clue about this. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rtagarra
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Two condition in if statement

Hi, I need to put two condition in if statement, but it is not working. Please suggest. if ---------- Post updated at 07:05 AM ---------- Previous update was at 06:55 AM ---------- Also when i put below command in script it is not running, but manually it is running ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: learnbash
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Help to add Condition in Shell Script..

Hi Team, I m very new to shell scripting , i want to add following condition in my script . Can anybody help me. There are three port in My node "$port" port_A port_B port_C I Want to add following Conditions in my script. If Node is connected to port_A and port_B script... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ganesh Mankar
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

If condition shell script beginner

Hi all I have the folloing process that needs checking often: ps -ef | grep ih bscsrtx 206 15901 0 11:28:10 pts/6 0:00 fih -r4 bscsrtx 218 15901 0 11:28:27 pts/6 0:01 aih bscsrtx 29763 15901 4 11:27:16 pts/6 0:59 rdh -prih root 429 27268 0 11:30:15 pts/td ... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: fretagi
13 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

If statement in a shell script

Please see part of a shell script below. #Move folder to HOT folder echo " moving $PRE_OCR_DIR/$BATCHNAME to $HOT_FOLDER_DIR\n" #chmod -R 777 $PRE_OCR_DIR/$BATCHNAME mv $PRE_OCR_DIR/$BATCHNAME $HOT_FOLDER_DIR I wish to write an if statement around the move that if that if $BATCHNAME... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: worky
3 Replies
datetime(3)						     Library Functions Manual						       datetime(3)

NAME
datetime - convert between TAI labels and seconds SYNTAX
#include <datetime.h> void datetime_tai(&dt,t); datetime_sec datetime_untai(&dt); struct datetime dt; datetime_sec t; DESCRIPTION
International Atomic Time, TAI, is the fundamental unit for time measurements. TAI has one label for every second of real time, without complications such as leap seconds. A struct datetime variable, such as dt, stores a TAI label. dt.year is the year number minus 1900; dt.mon is the month number, from 0 (January) through 11 (December); dt.mday is the day of the month, from 1 through 31; dt.hour is the hour, from 0 through 23; dt.min is the minute, from 0 through 59; dt.sec is the second, from 0 through 59; dt.wday is the day of the week, from 0 (Sunday) through 6 (Saturday); dt.yday is the day of the year, from 0 through 365. The datetime library supports more convenient TAI manipulation with the datetime_sec type. A datetime_sec value, such as t, is an integer referring to the tth second after the beginning of 1970 TAI. The first second of 1970 TAI was 0; the next second was 1; the last second of 1969 TAI was -1. The difference between two datetime_sec values is a number of real-time seconds. datetime_tai converts a datetime_sec to a TAI label. datetime_untai reads a TAI label (specifically dt.year, dt.mon, dt.mday, dt.hour, dt.min, and dt.sec) and returns a datetime_sec. SEE ALSO
now(3) datetime(3)