Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Comment based on a condition
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Comment based on a condition Post 302471995 by ashwin3086 on Tuesday 16th of November 2010 01:51:44 AM
Old 11-16-2010
Comment based on a condition

I want to comment 2 lines based on a condition. If THEN occurs immediately after WHEN then i have to comment both the lunes

For example :

Code:

$cat file1.txt
CASE
   WHEN
        THEN  1
   WHEN
         c1= 'I'
       AND c2= '0'
        THEN  2

So in this example i want to comment the lines as shown below.

SO the required output :

Code:

$cat file1.txt
CASE
  # WHEN
   #    THEN  1
   WHEN
             c1= 'I'
       AND c2= '0'
       THEN  2

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read file based on condition

Hi Friends, Can any one help with this: I have a huge file with the format as A SAM 4637 B DEPT1 4758 MILAN A SMITH 46585 B DEPT2 5385 HARRYIS B SAMUL 63547 GEORGE B DANIEL 899 BOISE A FRES 736 74638 I have to read this file and write only the records that starts with "B" only ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sbasetty
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Spliting file based on condition

Hi, I have a comma separated file with millions of records in it. I have a requirement to split the file based on the value in a one of the columns. Suppose i have a text file with columns like C1, C2,C3,C4 Column C4 can hold the values either 01 or 02 03 or 04. I nned to extract... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raamc
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

transpose based on condition

Hi, I have the oracle table coulns in an order like date, state1, state2....state9 and i need to prepare data from the script output for loading in to this table The script is #!/bin/ksh /usr/xpg4/bin/awk -F"-" '{print $2,$4}' /aemu/ErrorLogs/data/MissingCGIcount.txt |... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: aemunathan
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Condition based concatenation.

Hello, I am looking for concatenating the lines based on conditions. Below are the contents of the file: Infile: ----- Test1.PO_Itm COLUMN GAC_DT. Test1.PO_Itm COLUMN (PRODTCD ,PLNTCD). Test1.PO_Itm COLUMN PLNTCD. Test1.PO_Itm COLUMN ACTVIND. Test2.RgnToTerrtryGPI COLUMN... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: indrajit_u
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

moving files based on condition

hi i have to move files and send an email and attached the bad files to inform the developer about that. #!/bin/ksh BASE_DIR=/data/SrcFiles cd $BASE_DIR ## finding the files from work directory which are changed in 1 day find -type f -name "*.csv" –ctime 0 > /home/mydir/flist.txt ##... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: awais290
14 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Arithmetic (number-based) if condition

Hi Folks I'm looking for help with if statement. I'm reading the file with header (starts with 0 on position 1 in the line) and data (starts with 1 on position 1 in the line). I have to check if the number from header (should be number of data rows) equal actual count of the data rows. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: viallos
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print certain lines based on condition

Hi All, I have following listing Filesystem GB blocks Free Used Iused Iused Mounted on /dev/hd2 4.00 0.31 93 63080 43 /usr Filesystem GB blocks Free Used Iused Iused Mounted on Filesystem GB blocks Free Used Iused Iused... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: ckwan
11 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Condition based on Timestamp (Date/Time based) from logfile (Epoch seconds)

Below is the sample logfile: Userids Date Time acb Checkout time: 2013-11-20 17:00 axy Checkout time: 2013-11-22 12:00 der Checkout time: 2013-11-17 17:00 xyz Checkout time: 2013-11-19 16:00 ddd Checkout time: 2013-11-21 16:00 aaa Checkout... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: asjaiswal
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy down based on condition

Hello: I need to copy down some data from the previous record in to the next record based on the below conditions If position 41- 59 of the current record is same as the previous record and the value of position 62 is not equal to 1 then copy the previous records value for positions... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: techedipro
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trigger script based on condition

Hi Guys, I am having below code which runs based on condition, Is it possible to check condition at the time of trigger code=$1 if ;then nohup sh script.sh $val 1 & fi I need to trigger if the $code = JP then only to trigger nohup sh script.sh $val 1 & My try but wanted... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Master_Mind
4 Replies
wrjpgcom(1)							   User Commands						       wrjpgcom(1)

NAME
wrjpgcom - insert text comments into a JPEG file SYNOPSIS
wrjpgcom [-replace] [-comment text] [-cfile name] [filename] DESCRIPTION
wrjpgcom reads the named JPEG or JFIF file, or the standard input if no file is named, and generates a new JPEG or JFIF file on the stan- dard output. A comment block is added to the file. The JPEG standard allows "comment" (COM) blocks to occur within a JPEG file. Although the standard does not actually define the intended function of COM blocks, they are widely used to hold user-supplied text strings. This enables you to add annotations, titles, index terms, and so on to your JPEG files, and later retrieve the COM blocks as text. COM blocks do not interfere with the image stored in the JPEG file. The maximum size of a COM block is 64K, but you can have many COM blocks in one JPEG file. wrjpgcom adds a COM block, containing text that you provide, to a JPEG file. Ordinarily, the COM block is added after any existing COM blocks, but you can delete the old COM blocks if you wish. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -cfile name Read the text for a new COM block from the named file. -comment text Supply the text for a new COM block on the command line. -replace Delete any existing COM blocks from the file. OPERANDS
The following operands are supported: filename The name of the JPEG file to which you want to add text comments. EXTENDED DESCRIPTION
To add only one line of comment text, use the -comment option to provide the text on the command line. Specify the comment text within quotes, so that the text is treated as a single argument. Longer comments can be read from a text file. If you specify neither the -comment nor the -cfile option, wrjpgcom reads the comment text from standard input. In such cases, you must supply an input image filename. You can enter multiple lines, up to 64KB. Type an end-of-file indicator, usually Ctrl-D, to terminate the comment text entry. wrjpgcom does not add a COM block if the provided comment string is empty. Therefore, you can use -replace -comment "" to delete all COM blocks from a file. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Adding a Short Comment to in.jpg to Produce out.jpg example% wrjpgcom -c "View of my back yard" in.jpg > out.jpg Example 2: Attaching a Long Comment Previously Stored in comment.txt example% wrjpgcom in.jpg < comment.txt > out.jpg or example% wrjpgcom -cfile comment.txt < in.jpg > out.jpg In this example, 1000 is a number that is larger than the number of rows in the source file. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWjpg | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |External | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
cjpeg(1), djpeg(1), jpegtran(1), rdjpgcom(1) NOTES
This man page was originally written by the Independent JPEG Group. Updated by Breda McColgan, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2004. SunOS 5.10 26 Mar 2004 wrjpgcom(1)