Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Delete characters from each line Post 302471935 by Scrutinizer on Monday 15th of November 2010 04:26:07 PM
Old 11-15-2010
Try:
Code:
sed 's/tt_\(.*\)\.dat/\1/' infile

This User Gave Thanks to Scrutinizer For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

delete duplicated characters in each line

I'm a biologist trying to analyse some data and I'll appreciate some help with the following problem. I have a column of characters which I'll like to delete the duplicated characters in each line and report only the unique one.No sorting should be done. E.g. The original data: GTG CTC CTC... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ivpz
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete new line characters from a file

Hi, I have a file with about 25 colums separated with '~', but few of the lines have extra tabs ('^') and new line characters ('$'). Is there a way I can delete those characters if they are anywhere before the 25th column in a line? example: CLUB000650;12345678;0087788667;NOOP MEMBER ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rudoraj
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

delete first 2 characters for each line, please help

hi, ./R1_970330_210505.sard ./R1_970403_223412.sard ./R1_970626_115235.sard ./R1_970626_214344.sard ./R1_970716_234214.sard ... ... ... for these strings, i wanna remove the ./ for each line how can i do that? i know it could possibly be done by sed, but i really have not idea how... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunnydanniel
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete characters from each line until meet character ":"

Hello, I have file that looks like this : 765327564:line1 94:line2 7865:line3 ..... 765322:linen I want to cut all the digits from the beginning of each line up to ":" character and to have everything like this : line1 line2 line3 ..... linen P.S : content of line1 ...... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: black_fender
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How delete characters of specific line with sed?

Hi, I have a text file with some lines like this: /MEDIA/DISK1/23568742.MOV /MEDIA/DISK1/87456321.AVI /MEDIA/DISK2/PART1/45753131.AVI /IMPORT/44452.WAV ... I want to remove the last 12 characters in each line that it ends "AVI". Should look like this: /MEDIA/DISK1/23568742.MOV... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: inaki
12 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to delete text between two characters in line?

Hi, I have a large text file with the following format: >gi|347545744|gb|JN204951.1| Dismorphia spio voucher 5 ATCAAATTCCTTCCTCTCCTTAAA >gi|17544664774|gb|WN204922.32| Rodapara nigens gene region CCGGGCAAATTCCTTCCTCTCCTTAAA >gi|555466400|gb|SG255122.8| Bombyx mandariana genbank 3... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: euspilapteryx
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete and retain some characters

Ive been trying to google and tried sed and awk. BUt still getting no exact formula. I would like to know how to parse this at: From: Compute Machin Appliance 3.2.9.10000 123456 To: Compute Machin Appliance 3.2.9.123456 (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kenshinhimura
5 Replies

8. Programming

Mismatched free() / delete / delete [] line no missing

Could you tell me the possibilities of the reason to get the Mismatched free() / delete / delete . I unable to see the line no in the valgrind report. it displays the function name. with that function name, I am not able to find where exactly the issue is there.I am getting the Mismatched free()... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SA_Palani
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove first 2 characters and last two characters of each line

here's what im trying to do. i have a file containing lines similar to this: data.txt: 1hsRmRsbHRiSFZNTTA1dlEyMWFkbU5wUW5CSlIyeDFTVU5SYjJOSFRuWmpia0ZuWXpKV2FHTnRU 1lKUnpWMldrZFZaMG95V25oYQpSelEyWTBka2QyRklhSHBrUjA1b1kwUkJkd3BOVXpWM1lVaG5k... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete special characters

My sed is not working on deleting the entire special characters and leaving what is necessary.grep connections_per a|sed -e 's/\<\!\-\-//g' INPUT: <!-- <connections_per_instance>1</connections_per_instance> --> <method>HALF</method> <!--... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: kenshinhimura
10 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangVar - standard codes for language variation identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangVar; $lvar = code2langvar('acm'); # $lvar gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langvar2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langvar_codes(); @names = all_langvar_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangVar" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language variations, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language variations. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lvar = code2langvar('en','alpha-2'); $lvar = code2langvar('en',LOCALE_CODE_ALPHA_2); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of alphanumeric codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'arevela' for Eastern Armenian. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_LANGVAR_ALPHA". This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langvar2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langvar_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langvar_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langvar_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2014-01-06 Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)