Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX CD Rom shared for many AIX servers. Post 302471828 by rbatte1 on Monday 15th of November 2010 09:27:44 AM
Old 11-15-2010
Dear Mr. AIX

How did you get on? Are you still stuck?

Robin

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Issue with shared object in AIX

Hi All, I have a problem with the shared objects setup in AIX. We have a customized shell written by the developers over here. When i issue a MQ Series command (mqsilist) it is giving the error as . All the commands making use of this libImbCmdLib.a.so is failing. But when executed in normal... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dhanamurthy
1 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Shared Home directory between Unix servers

Hi Im working in an environment where 2 production and 2 testing unix servers are used.. All these servers share the same home directory.. how is it done where would the home directory be located (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghav288
0 Replies

3. Solaris

cd rom to dvd rom drive swap

Hello, I need to replace a cd rom drive with a dvd rom drive in a SunFire v120 running Solaris 8. My objective is to install Solaris 10 from dvd disc. Downloading Solaris 10 cd discs is not an option since I am in Baghdad, Iraq and connection speeds are horrible. So far, all I can get is power to... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: 555
9 Replies

4. AIX

AIX 5.2 C++ shared object issue

Hi all, I am developing an application with two components. One "c" binary and one "C++" shared object. While execution, the shared object crashes out and core dump is created whenever "new" is executed. But if i use malloc this will work perfectly. I tried to use dbx. Below given was... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: itssujith
1 Replies

5. AIX

AIX 5.3 on p275 - DVD-ROM drive not recognized

I was having problems with the DVD-ROM drive not being recognized. I thought it was a configuration issue, but it appears to be a hardware problem. Now the system hangs at boot. This last time I tried it, it said: At which point, it hangs. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: smithfarm
1 Replies

6. AIX

Loading a shared library in AIX

Hi, I have an application running on AIX. The app is deployed on Webspshere server. Due to some reason, i have to make use of a third party library (Sigar API's) from my application. This library requires an .so file as well. Is there any location where i can put this *.so file and it will... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: user_guest
1 Replies

7. AIX

pwage-aix for IBM AIX servers

This is the password aging script for aix just completed. So far tested and still testing on one of our aix server running 5.3.0.0. So anyway as you can see it is very similar to pwage-hpux-T the only difference on aix /etc/passwd file looks in this format. Also for this script to work you need to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sparcguy
0 Replies

8. AIX

need help - How to mount DVD rom in AIX in Command line

Dear Friends could u pls help me on this . how to mount DVD rom in command line in aix? THanks DD (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ded325
4 Replies

9. AIX

AIX How to exchange hostname and IP address between two AIX servers?

Hi all, I am trying to exchange hostname and IP address of two AIX machines. But i am confused as how to change it ? do i need to use "smitty mktcpip" or "smitty tcpip" ? what is the difference between smitty mktcpip and smitty tcpip ? Also anymore steps to follow or just updating... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lramsb4u
3 Replies
BufferText(3pm) 					User Contributed Perl Documentation					   BufferText(3pm)

NAME
XML::Filter::BufferText - Filter to put all characters() in one event SYNOPSIS
my $h = SomeHandler->new; my $f = XML::Filter::BufferText->new( Handler => $h ); my $p = SomeParser->new( Handler => $f ); $p->parse; DESCRIPTION
This is a very simple filter. One common cause of grief (and programmer error) is that XML parsers aren't required to provide character events in one chunk. They can, but are not forced to, and most don't. This filter does the trivial but oft-repeated task of putting all characters into a single event. Note that this won't help you cases such as: <foo> blah <!-- comment --> phubar </foo> In the above case, given the interleaving comment, there will be two "character()" events. This may be worked around in the future if there is demand for it. An interesting way to use this filter, instead of telling users to use it, is to return it from your handler's constructor, already configured and all. That'll make the buffering totally transparent to them ("XML::SAX::Writer" does that). AUTHOR
Robin Berjon, robin@knowscape.com COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2001-2002 Robin Berjon. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
XML::SAX::*, XML::Generator::*, XML::Handler::*, XML::Filter::* perl v5.10.0 2003-07-04 BufferText(3pm)