Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming How to provide password to the prompt through Java Post 302471779 by jaibhim on Monday 15th of November 2010 05:25:17 AM
Old 11-15-2010
How to provide password to the prompt through Java

Hi All,

I am using Ubuntu machine with JDK 6. I am running following command on shell-

Code:
sudo ./somecript

. Now, it prompts for sudo password and I provide the sudo password on shell and "somescript" starts running with sudo permissions.

What I want to do is, I need to execute "sudo ./somescript" fromJava code. For that I have created a jar file which executes following command
view plaincopy to clipboardprint?
Code:
Runtime.getRuntime.exec("sudo ./somescript");

now, the problem is I dont get any prompt where I can provide the sudo password.

Please guide me to provide password to sudo.

-akash

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

provide a user password from a script

Hi all, passwd <username> < /var/adm/passwd.txt cat /var/adm/passwd.txt abcd1234 abcd1234 when I run this from the script, it comes with: New password: It is not able to pick from the location /var/adm/passwd.txt. thanks in advance. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaix14
6 Replies

2. OS X (Apple)

get around rsync password prompt

Hey there, I'm trying to do a very simple rsync to back up my computer to an external drive connected via usb every night, but it keeps asking for a password. I tried using the password file flag, but it looks like that is only a daemon. Does anyone have any ideas? This has eaten up a lot of my... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aarond
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Changing the password prompt

Is there any way I can change the prompt which asks for the password on a UNIX system? e.g. When I login using Telnet instead of "Password" I should get "Correct Password". Thanks, Vineet (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vineetd
3 Replies

4. Programming

How do i get Java commands to be recognized in command prompt?

I would like to do some of my Java programming homework at home, and when i type things such as "javac" & "java" it does not recognize it. How do i set it up so it recognizes Java coding? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Anna Hussie
1 Replies

5. Programming

How do i get Java commands to be recognized in command prompt?

I would like to do some of my Java programming homework at home, and when i type things such as "javac" & "java" it does not recognize it. How do i set it up so it recognizes Java coding? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Anna Hussie
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Provide Password using to the application using the shell script

Hello, I have a requirement to shut down and start up my application on different environments (Dev, QA and Prod). I have around 24 servers. I have to login to each server manually for shutinng down the application. I wrote a shell command on each server and I am invoking those shell... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: GDSR Raju
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Help with Overriding a Prompt in UNIX/Java

I am executing a shell script which contains a jar call to an external java package for which I don’t have a read access to. The external package was written in such a way that whenever we make a java –jar call to the package, it shows a prompt on the console asking if we want to continue or no... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Harry1302
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to provide password?

Hi , I am trying to unzip some file in a dir using shell script ,but it prompts for password to unzip those files ,how would i provide the passoword in the script it self (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vikatakavi
1 Replies

9. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

How to provide password for rsync in shell script?

Hi, i want to call the rsync in a shell script so that i can run it in background by passing the password within script itself. Can any one please let me know how can i provide the password in the shell script itself so that rsync will read the password when promted by the script. Its very... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Little
11 Replies
heimdal_debug(5)					      BSD File Formats Manual						  heimdal_debug(5)

NAME
heimdal_debug -- how to turn on/off debugging for Kerberos tools DESCRIPTION
The heimdal_debug kerberos frameworks have several knobs for controlling logging. The different framework knobs are: libkrb The Kerberos library, some gss-api Kerberos output ends up here too kcm the kcm library (credentials cache, ntlm client) kdc the kerberos KDC output digest-service the digest service (ntlm server) CONFIGURATION FILE
[logging] <subsystem> = 0-/SYSLOG: and watch syslog for logging information. APPLE MAC OS X
First turn up syslog debugging sudo syslog -c 0 -d then you can see the syslog output in Console.app or by running syslog -w -k org.h5l.asl To enable more extensive debugging logging for each subsystem, use the following commands: Kerberos Library sudo defaults write /Library/Preferences/com.apple.Kerberos logging -dict-add krb5 '0-/ASL:' digest-server sudo defaults write /Library/Preferences/com.apple.Kerberos logging -dict-add digest-service '0-/ASL:' kcm sudo defaults write /Library/Preferences/com.apple.Kerberos logging -dict-add kcm '0-/ASL:' kdc sudo defaults write /Library/Preferences/com.apple.Kerberos logging -dict-add kdc '0-/ASL:' MIT Kerberos Shim defaults write com.apple.MITKerberosShim EnableDebugging -bool true GSS-API framework logging sudo defaults write /Library/Preferences/com.apple.GSS DebugLevel -int 10 Other options on Mac OS X Make the admin API pretend to the server even on client sudo defaults write /Library/Preferences/com.apple.Kerberos ForceHeimODServerMode -bool true SEE ALSO
gss(5), kerberos(8) HEIMDAL
Sep 30, 2011 HEIMDAL