Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Sampling pcap file
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Sampling pcap file Post 302471696 by sajal.bhatia on Sunday 14th of November 2010 05:50:27 PM
Old 11-14-2010
Hi,

Yes I want to have a count of IPs in the current interval (which should be user controlled) and a count of new IPs in that same interval when compared to the previous interval not the whole file.

So the output should be the second one which you posted i.e.

A,3,3
B,2,1
C,2,0

Thanks !!

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Compiling Pcap.c

I don't know if this is the correct forum to post this but hopefully someone can atleast point me in the right direction if they can't help me. I am trying to install the Net::Pcap module for perl from Tim Potter version .04. I have installed gcc 2.95.3 on my Solaris 8 box. I am sure it's just... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: TioTony
6 Replies

2. Programming

pcap.h

I cant use pcap.h include file. How can I do so? :confused: (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pervez Sajjad
8 Replies

3. Programming

Pcap.h Sniffing

Can someone please help me figure out how to use pcap.h to sniff packets between only 2 computers whose mac addresses are know? Thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: papabearcares
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pcap.h Sniffing

Can someone please help me figure out how to use pcap.h to sniff packets between only 2 computers whose mac addresses are know? Thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: papabearcares
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sampling and Binning- Engineering problem

Hi everyone! Can you please help me with some shell scripting? I have an input file input.txt It has 3 columns (Time, Event, Value) Time event Value 03:38:22 A 57 03:38:23 A 56 03:38:24 B 24 03:38:25 C 51 03:38:26 B 7 03:38:26 ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Needhelp2
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

data sampling

I have a requirement where I have multiple flat file sources. I need to create sample data from each source. Example: Source 1 has 10 flat files-- member, transaction,item,email,....etc Now if I get any 10 records (say first 10 records) from the member flat file, I need to find those matching... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: arrivederci
2 Replies

7. Programming

printing out information from pcap file

Hi Folks, i got the following Problem: I want to make an analysis on a pcap file. (diestance between different packets and so on) The difficulty now... it's not a simple Ethernet/ IP/ File, but it's a SS7 file. There are the Layers MTP2 MTP3 and ISUP. My analysis depends on the ISUP Layer. Now... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: thisismyname
0 Replies
PCAP_OPEN_OFFLINE(3PCAP)												  PCAP_OPEN_OFFLINE(3PCAP)

NAME
pcap_open_offline, pcap_fopen_offline - open a saved capture file for reading SYNOPSIS
#include <pcap/pcap.h> char errbuf[PCAP_ERRBUF_SIZE]; pcap_t *pcap_open_offline(const char *fname, char *errbuf); pcap_t *pcap_fopen_offline(FILE *fp, char *errbuf); DESCRIPTION
pcap_open_offline() is called to open a ``savefile'' for reading. fname specifies the name of the file to open. The file can have the pcap file format as described in pcap-savefile(5), which is the file format used by, among other programs, tcpdump(1) and tcpslice(1), or can have the pcap-ng file format, although not all pcap-ng files can be read. The name "-" in a synonym for stdin. Alternatively, you may call pcap_fopen_offline() to read dumped data from an existing open stream fp. Note that on Windows, that stream should be opened in binary mode. RETURN VALUE
pcap_open_offline() and pcap_fopen_offline() return a pcap_t * on success and NULL on failure. If NULL is returned, errbuf is filled in with an appropriate error message. errbuf is assumed to be able to hold at least PCAP_ERRBUF_SIZE chars. SEE ALSO
pcap(3PCAP), pcap-savefile(5) 5 April 2008 PCAP_OPEN_OFFLINE(3PCAP)